The MCW60™ VGA waterblock

Bio-Hazard

2[H]4U
"The MCW60™ VGA waterblock is a next generation liquid cooling solution for high-end graphics processors. It evolves from the award winning MCW55 by receiving the same base plate technology as the Apogee water-block for enhanced heat dissipation, and a redesigned injection molded housing for universal compatibility with all liquid cooling systems. "

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw60.asp

mcw60withmem6tf.gif

i kinda... want.. two.... to replace my maze4's.... which i both bought used. and that was good for me. saved a buncha cash.

sigh. i can dream.

I see modding potential to make it look better if you're concerned about how it looks.

It looks like it performs good though, as for the copper shavings and bead blasting, woo!

This may be my new GPU cooler if it turns out good.

I think the stasis neptune is much better :D If its the same base used in the apogee, then blah. Id still want to see benchmarks but I want to see benchmarks between this one, stasis neptune 7800 and MAZE4 and fusion HL. Stop making these damn parts in china. Make them here and put the correct quality control as need be into them.

great........another product with improved profit margins and possibly a reduction in quality.......just what users need.......

it looks kind of thin, IMO it will be quite restrictive probably more suited for low flow.

kleox64 said:
it looks kind of thin, IMO it will be quite restrictive probably more suited for low flow.

By Swiftechs numbers it is less restrictive than the MCW55, which would make it not very restrictive.

Yay! Now we can have all of our blocks be based on the same baseplate. Apogee, new chipset block, and now this. O joy. :p

Any chances I can get this if I am not in US and any website take international order for this particular block? :)

its the same thing as the MCW55 except a different top on it. The MCW55 already uses the same base as the Apogee since it is very unrestrictive. I doubt there would be any performance difference...

EDIT: NM, it is the EXACT same thing as the MCW55 just with a different look, but slightly more pins.

mcw60-housing.gif

mcw60-baseplate.gif

MCW55-housing.gif

MCW55-baseplate.gif

Rithina said:
Any chances I can get this if I am not in US and any website take international order for this particular block? :)
the colour tags in yous sig don't work, and it helps if you not your specific country of origin when asking about international orders.

Why can't we go back to the old single slot watercooling days that we saw with the first custom 5800FX block? :(

its another Apogee! Just like the Storm VS Apogee, the Storm is made in the US and the Apogee is imported from China i believe to make em cheaper for them. The same applies here, the MCW55 is made in the US, the MCW60 is not. Its Swiftech plan of trying to cut some corners to make another buck.

remember how the Apogee doesnt do great with chips that lack IHS's? thats exactly what im thinking is gonna happen with this block.

i think it will perform on par with the MCW55, but should technically be more restrictive i would think.

DFI Daishi said:
the colour tags in yous sig don't work, and it helps if you not your specific country of origin when asking about international orders.

Sorry about that. Thanks for the quick response. I staying in Singapore.

Rithina said:
Sorry about that. Thanks for the quick response. I staying in Singapore.
ah well, none of the stores that i have dealt with regularly ship to your area.

Sorry to say, but having products made overseas is by no way cutting corners anymore. China isn't cranking out crap anymore. It's less expensive, yes. That means it's also cheaper for YOU.

The Apogee costs 40% less for Swiftech to make, BUT the Apex Ultra kit has by no means dropped in price.

LMAO: I love this quote "The pin area is bead-blasted to guarantee a finish free of shavings" I cant wait for the people to start reporting shavings in the MCW60's now!

aburgard said:
Sorry to say, but having products made overseas is by no way cutting corners anymore. China isn't cranking out crap anymore. It's less expensive, yes. That means it's also cheaper for YOU.

If you compare the apogee (china) vs storm (USA), the storms quality control is far superior...no shavings found in the pins and the molding isnt cut thin around the base as to risk leakage. If I could have gotten a storm, I would have.

i just received my storm from petras shop or wutever it is .. ended up getting the last one .. received it today ..

i was thinking about getting 2 of these gpu coolers for my sli'd setup over the maze 4s .. but i guess i shouldnt ?

So does anyone know if this will be better than the MCW55? I was just about to order 2 of them for my 7800 GTX's. Im glad I waitied!

Q-Ball23 said:
So does anyone know if this will be better than the MCW55? I was just about to order 2 of them for my 7800 GTX's. Im glad I waitied!
swiftech's numbers say that it will. finding good independant reviews of GPU waterblocks is a bit of a challenge.

i would look for MCW55 blocks on clearance sale, myself.

DFI Daishi said:
swiftech's numbers say that it will. finding good independant reviews of GPU waterblocks is a bit of a challenge.

i would look for MCW55 blocks on clearance sale, myself.

Yeah not a bad idea either, but this way everything can match in my case. I got the storm, thinking about getting the mcw30 for my chipset, and 2 of these mcw 60's would look nice on those video cards :D

consumer9000 said:
And yet another Swiftech part now made in China... :mad:

I think they outsourced that part to a well known German watercooling outfit. ;)

BTW, they bead blast the surface because it increases the thermal transference by increasing the micro surface area of the block. Plus it looks better to boot. If it has burrs that probably wouldn't get rid of them.

I just find it amusing that Swiftech thought they could get away with NOT beadblasting the Apogee to begin with. Any machinist will tell you that it's absurd not to deburr a part after it undergoes such trauma...

While China has improved in quality, I still feel things made in the USA are generally better quality. Regardless, think of it this way: "What would you do if your job was outsourced?"

Back