• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Logitech G25 is here!!!

I have the TrackIR4, and it works /a lot/ better than you would expect. Yes, there is a metal clip with reflecters that attaches to a hat. After about 30minutes of getting used to it, you will wonder how you ever played sim games without it. It's damn near cheating in flight sim games because you can keep an eye on your target a helluva lot better than the hatswitch or padlock. There are some demos of racing games using it on the website.
 
You don´t have to buy a hat only the clip :).

TrackIR is a must if you ask me.
 
So I got my wheel today from Dell. I set it up, and from the first time I turned the wheel, I love the way it is designed! Much quieter, more fluid then the DFP. Shifter is nice, but could use more resistance in the shifter. Pedals are great, will take awhile to get used to the hard brake pedal.

But I have one complaint. I got a defect or something was dropped on my wheel! The box was fine, so I dont know when it happened, and I didnt notice this untill I played LFS for about 3hrs with it. The wheel is bent. WHen I first got it out of the box, I noticed the right shift paddle was so close to the wheel I couldnt get my fingers between it and the wheel. I just figured the paddle was bent so I bent it a bit further from the wheel. But when I was putting it up for the night I noticed the reason:



The performance of the wheel isnt affected as I didnt notice it at all during the 3hrs I was using it, but I dont want to pay $300 for something and have it be "distorted" from the factory. Im going to see what options I have through Dell to get a replacement.

Other then that, great wheel! I love it so much more then my DFP or old Momo force!
 
sethmo said:
^ Too bad you are still in the dark ages of racing sims and dont realize that GT4 and Forza are pure ARCADE games! :)

I just cancelled my order through Dell. Their small business has the wheel for $269 and eBay has Dell small business accessories 20% off coupons so the wheel would end up being $257 shipped! Not bad at all :)

Sure looks like it's $299 at the website to me.

Edit: I called Dell and they honored their previously listed price of $269.99. Mine's on the way. :)
 
've tried GTR2 and I have GTR1....no matter what, no game ever feels real IMO. Fine...its a lot more focused than GT4, but cars don't handle like they should in either game.

GTR has always felt off to me, too. The cars understeer like a bitch, and if the rear end comes loose you always end up facing backwards, almost as if it's a canned animation.

autosimsport.net download the latest issue (free) and it´s included. Read in the magazine on what it does

autosimsports is just an amateur online magazine. They are taken with a grain of salt within the sim community (they've had some pretty bad articles in the past). They are also pretty big ISI/GTR fanb~ys.

Live for Speed with the G25 is as close as you can get to driving a real car, IMO. I used to bounce back and forth between GTR, rFactor and LFS, but since I got this wheel, LFS just feels so much more realistic. I've been doing nothing but autocross since I got it. This wheel just makes driving fun.

Spend a couple of days letting your brain acclimate to LFS, then go back and try to play GT4. You'll be shocked at how dumbed down the GT driving model is (it kinda has to be, or it wouldn't be playable with a 1-inch joystick).

Unfortunately, LFS's presentation isn't anywhere near as bad-ass as GTR's.

Anyway, thanks Bop for those pictures (the second one is one of the best I've been able to find on the net). That's how I found this site: wanted to show some friends the wheel I just got. :)

Have fun with your G25. This wheel rocks.
 
Eric Tetz said:
GTR has always felt off to me, too. The cars understeer like a bitch, and if the rear end comes loose you always end up facing backwards, almost as if it's a canned animation.



autosimsports is just an amateur online magazine. They are taken with a grain of salt within the sim community (they've had some pretty bad articles in the past). They are also pretty big ISI/GTR fanb~ys.

Live for Speed with the G25 is as close as you can get to driving a real car, IMO. I used to bounce back and forth between GTR, rFactor and LFS, but since I got this wheel, LFS just feels so much more realistic. I've been doing nothing but autocross since I got it. This wheel just makes driving fun.

Spend a couple of days letting your brain acclimate to LFS, then go back and try to play GT4. You'll be shocked at how dumbed down the GT driving model is (it kinda has to be, or it wouldn't be playable with a 1-inch joystick).

Unfortunately, LFS's presentation isn't anywhere near as bad-ass as GTR's.

Anyway, thanks Bop for those pictures (the second one is one of the best I've been able to find on the net). That's how I found this site: wanted to show some friends the wheel I just got. :)

Have fun with your G25. This wheel rocks.
I concur, LFS just got a whole lot more fun to play with the G25. You can feel the difference in the steering between the FWD and RWD cars, the wheel reacts differently to oversteer and slides.

Which AutoX server do you play on? Im an admin or partial-admin on the solo2.k9k.net AutoX servers, stop by sometime, its great fun :)
 
Like I said in my previous post, Dell has them with coupons for $250-260 shipped! Shipping took 3 days for me on the standard shipping. My friend ordered one overnight and got it the next day, they have them(or had) them in stock ready to ship, no wait at all :)
 
I thought Dell.com had a rep of being just as bad?

So, $270 with an addt 20% off with a coupon from Ebay? (or $300 with an addt 20% off?)

$270-20%, that's $216 + $19.00 (tax ) + $4 (Ebay coupon, assuming it works) = $239.

Hmmm, an extra $22 off. Not bad...

Can anyone confirm Dell will give the $270 price and honor the coupon as well?

(FWIW - believe me, I cannot say I ever meant to plug Buy.com, only that they seemed to have the lowest price for anyone that must have the lowest...)

(then again, buy.com does have a higher rating at Resellerratings.com over Dell... Perhaps the past rep I heard was correct?)

If they fixed it great, but I'd rather have confirmation of Dell's honoring the $270 price and the 20% coupon before I deal with either Dell or Ebay...

I'm in no hurry to get the wheel to me by yesterday...


(also, were you so excited 'bout the new wheel it took so long to notice the damage? That just doesn't look minor at all, and it's not too thrilling that Logitech shipped that!)
 
Im not sure if they honor the price, Id assume they would, and the coupons are only for the Dell Small business and not the Dell home. I figured it out after I already placed my order, just reading a thread on www.racesimcentral.com in the News section theres a long thread about the G25.

I was pretty excited, but you cant notice it unless you look at the back of the wheel, and while using it, I was always in front of it :p

Dell has already shipped me a replacement and we did all this through email, very very easy and fast. Props to Dells support.

If you remember the amazing deals on the Dell 2007WFPs a few months back, I got in on one of those and they honored the price. So I am more then happy with my past experiences with Dell :D
 
I've been reading (I thought) non-stop on RSC 'bout the G25, but you're the first one to mention Dell.com for ordering...

I'm excited 'bout the wheel, but in no hurry to get one... But I admit $260 was enough for me to consider buying the wheel immediately...

I put together a great machine for gaming, and have a DFP and a Red Momo, but 'bout the same time I heard the G25 was coming in Oct... And didn't want to get accustomed to ANY sim with a sub-par wheel... I'd rather wait for what looks to be better...

(and, again, NOT plugging buy.com here... But I can't say I've ever had an issue with 'em...?)

(but last I knew vid cards and HDs, Dell wasn't the place to shop at...)

(and, don't take it personally, please... But word of mouth sometimes ain't jack... Monarch Computers is/was stellar with WoM, and at RR.com they have a 8.67 lifetime rating, one of the highest I've seen... (twice Dell or buy.com or Ebay!!!))

But Monarch still remains the ONLY on-line (or off-line for that matter) place in my history of purchases of any sort that I had to file a chargeback to get my money back...
 
sethmo said:
Dell has already shipped me a replacement and we did all this through email, very very easy and fast. Props to Dells support.

That's got enough for me, forget Buy.com...

So, sorry to ask, but what's my best bet for a deal thru Dell? (does that coupon work or not?)

Guess I'll call 'em and ask if they honor that $270 price, but I'd rather they just post that price on the site...
 
Autosimsport can hardly qualify for being simbin !!!!!!s lol. I have read all their articles and they are just as nice to every sim out there. If Autosimsport is to believed there is no bad racing simulation ;). Quite common I see the same thing in the flightsim magazines. They recommend just about every add on out there.
 
Took Dell one day to get it to me. I've tried other wheels in the past but this is actually the first wheel I own and I must say that's it's quite good. I prefer a firmer accelerator pedal but that's really nitpicking.
 
Tolyngee said:
That's got enough for me, forget Buy.com...

So, sorry to ask, but what's my best bet for a deal thru Dell? (does that coupon work or not?)

Guess I'll call 'em and ask if they honor that $270 price, but I'd rather they just post that price on the site...
Its automatically 10% off through Small Business, no gimmicks:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A0739532

Then check this thread on RSC for success with the coupons:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=3233441#post3233441

And my wheel will be here Monday, it was shipped friday overnight but weekends suck for shipping :(
 
Sweet Wheel, I came to this thread thinking Logitech had came out with an upgraded version of the G15 and when I saw the g15 in the pics I had to start reading to see what was up.
Hey Logitech, don't name all your products with Gxx it is confusing!!!
G5 = mouse
G15 = keyboard
G25 = steering wheel
G35 = hummmm what could it be.
I am sure the G is for gaming but come on.

Oh, Almost forgot! I hate the OP ;)
 
sethmo said:
Its automatically 10% off through Small Business, no gimmicks:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A0739532

Then check this thread on RSC for success with the coupons:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=3233441#post3233441

And my wheel will be here Monday, it was shipped friday overnight but weekends suck for shipping :(

Thanks for the links! I go to RSC daily, and even when I knew there was a thread there to find, I could still not find the thread you listed above!

(it seems many are not too thrilled with the shifter, but I imagine you can still use an Act-Labs if you wish...)
 
Tolyngee said:
Thanks for the links! I go to RSC daily, and even when I knew there was a thread there to find, I could still not find the thread you listed above!

Actually, I found that thread long ago, and figured it dead long ago, too...

I had been looking in all the the actual games forums...

Guess I'll look at the "news" forum more often!
 
I just bought a G25 last week and the wheel is nice. The pedals are a little wierd as the brake pedal is right next to the clutch instead of being closer to the gas pedal, but this works well if you use your left foot for brakes. The shifter isn't too bad but it makes a really loud click each time you shift and if someone is sitting in the same room as you it will annoy them (I use headphones so it doesn't bother me).

My only other complaint is the the force feedback does not work in Vista RC2 but I figure that is a driver issue that will be fixed later. The centering force is there, but none of the effects and you can lower the centering force (make all of the adjustments you like in the profiler but it doesn't change anything).

Other than that I love it in GTL and GTR2.
 
First of all the steering wheel is really nice, smooth and responsive I really liked the 900 degree rotation it really changed the gaming experience a lot (not to mention the kick ass force feedback on GTR2) . the Shifter and Pedals are a bit loud :mad: I woke up my folks because of the shifter clicks and the pedals when your depress them fast, the metal hits the plastic and it makes the a loud sound. I game on headphones so I don't hear it, but they do.

anyway here are some comparison pictures of the G25 VS ActLabs ForceRS

dsc00374smalloa6.jpg

dsc00376smallps8.jpg

dsc00377smalltt8.jpg

dsc00378smallct7.jpg
 
Anyone seen any pictures of one opened up? I am one of those people who has to open everything but I can't bring myself to open mine. yet.

I really want to see what's going on inside the pedals to see how durable they are and I'm interested in the dual motor arangement of the wheel plus of course the insides of the shifter, again to see how durable they will be.
 
I know I shouldn't, but I am tempted to pick this up. I don't have any racing games but wouldn't mind dipping my toe in the water if I get some immersion out of it. I was hoping for some better games for my Saitek X25, I'm working on Dark Force One atm. I'm waiting for Zipzoom to get it in and I'll order it. Then I'll pour through the threads looking for good games for me as a noobie :cool:
 
Motley said:
wow, thats nice as hell. I like the seperated shifter/wheel, makes for alot of options. I'll be getting this setup when NFS Carbon comes out!!!

uhh have you played the demo? im a huge fan of the NFS series and this one is just crappy so far
 
Anyone notice that in GT Legends you don't even need the clutch to shift??? wtf is up with that? It works in that if you don't have it engaged when you shift after starting up you'll stall, but it just flat out isn't needed once in motion.
 
The cars are built like that. You just lift the throttle a little bit to match the revs when putting in a gear. You don´t need the clutch to change gears. Though they do use it anyway to make the gearbox last longer generally with such vintage cars. But in the GT cars found in GTR/GTR 2 you don´t use clutch to shift gears. What you use it for is to increase engine braking pretty much and to catch slides of course.
 
oqvist said:
The cars are built like that. You just lift the throttle a little bit to match the revs when putting in a gear. You don´t need the clutch to change gears. Though they do use it anyway to make the gearbox last longer generally with such vintage cars. But in the GT cars found in GTR/GTR 2 you don´t use clutch to shift gears. What you use it for is to increase engine braking pretty much and to catch slides of course.

Paddle shifters are better for the cars in GTR2 I find. Do you know of any game that forces you to use the clutch to shift? Maybe I should dust off my viper racing copy and try it out.
 
Looks like a pretty good wheel .
I could get one for $ 239 directly from logitech .
U think thats a good deal or better wait till price goes down ???
 
Price will hardly go down much. It´s dead cheap if you are into racing simulations. For arcade games for natural reasons a wheel may actually be a bad Idea...

But 200 degrees in steering lock tend to work decently in games like Flatout 2 at least. Carbon is just to weird for me...
 
Is the force feedback belt or gear driven? I've refused to give up my $70 Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback because the belt-driven force feedback is more realistic. I can't adjust to the step-feel of gear-driven setups.
 
Its gear driven but there are two motors that drive it. Ive never used a belt driven wheel so I cant compare, but the G25 is by far greater then any other FFB wheel I have ever used. The FFB is so fast and smooth and its even quiet. Its leaps and bounds better then the DFP and the Racing Force I used to have.
 
PCMusicGuy said:
Maybe I should dust off my viper racing copy and try it out.
I was sitting hear reading this thread and wondering if my copy of Viper racing would run on my Windows XP computer! Then I seen this!
 
In LFS, it will not shift into gear without a clutch. It doesnt physically restrict you on the shifter, just in the game. I think GTR is the same way? I cant remember.
 
Diablo2K said:
I was sitting hear reading this thread and wondering if my copy of Viper racing would run on my Windows XP computer! Then I seen this!
It will, sorta. There is a beta patch you'll need to download; I think the version is 1.2.1. Sometimes, it will generate an error when you open it. It works fine once you are in the game, though.
 
Back
Top