The Lian Li PC-700 Thread :-)

Here is My PC 700wx

forum01dozws.jpg

what psu and mobo is that, and is that the newish accelero cooler?

very nice rig, btw.

yes it's the Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid 7970

psu Corsair AX850
mobo Asus RAMPAGE IV GENE

My Sys

Intel Core i7-3930K | Asus RAMPAGE IV GENE | GeIL Value Plus 32GB | 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | Lian Li PC-V700WX | ASUS HD7970-3GD5 / Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid 7970 | Corsair AX850 | Corsair H100i | Dell U2412M | ASUS Xonar Essence STX |

Last edited:
the Accelero Hybrid 7970 is awesome

I use the Accelero Hybrid with a Silverstone AP121 Air Penetrator 5V DC (in low rpm mode)

AMD Stock Cooler Idle 60°C Load 75°C +

Accelero Hybrid 7970 Idle

gputemp9rkve.jpg

Accelero Hybrid 7970 FurMark Burn in test

gputempfurmarkrtljc.jpg

IMG_8211.JPG

V700 shot. If anyone is looking for one of these cases, I put mine up for sale. Going to miss this one, but I think I'll move to itx next.

fantastic looking build. been thinking of doing an itx build myself, but in addition to my current rig. :)

New PC-v750 user chiming in. My current rig in the sig is in this strange but fun case. Just transplanted most of the rig from a PC-8F.

I can say, that putting nearly the same components (mobo was an asus rampage II extreme in the PC-8F, but that is the same size as the III in the v750, and also added 1 HD to the 750) in the V750 that were previously in my PC-8F, the build was MUCH easier in the V750. I'm not one for cable management (as you can see in the pics) but the build in the v750 was far more fun and easier than jamming the same big stuff in the 8F. Also CPU runs cooler.

Interesting notes:

**I was able to cram my 2 x SSDs behind the mobo tray. Plenty of room back there but not an ideal way to mount them. Will likely involve some double sided servo tape or Velcro tape from a hobby store in the near future.

**I ordered my case "sound proofed". Meaning it came with thick pieces of sound deadening foam preinstalled in various places. Side panels, partial top and rear panel. It came with additional foam panels not installed. These are incase you want to totally block off the top fans, the front fan, and the optional bottom fan. (bottom fan is not included in the case). I have not installed these and likely won't.

**Included guesstimated airflow pattern in one pic. Im not good with MS Paint so some of the arrows I later drew-over in a different color. Colors attempt to simulate air temp, blue = cool, red = hot, pink = warm.

**I blocked off 1 of the 2 x 140 mm top fan ports with a metal plug that came with my PC-8F. Lian Li really should have included TWO of these metal ports for people that want to block them off. I was lucky to have one of them handy from my no longer needed PC-8F.

**I am going for a near-silent gaming PC.

**I doubt a corsair H100 would fit anywhere. I have a Kraken X60 that WOULD fit if you were willing to mount the fans externally on top. NO WAY it will fit with fans internally, Ive tried. So don't think a corsair H100 would fit unless you also mounted the fans externally. I'm not willing to kill the looks by doing that.

**The pink square of thick foam near the TITAN in the pic is there because the vertical case brace/video card support bar presses a bit firmly on the H80i's rubber tubes. I do not want the stiff and possibly sharp metal from the brace pressing unprotected on the rubber tubes!

**I have 7 (yes, SEVEN) hard drives in this thing (contributing to the mass of cables): 3 sets of 2-drive Raid 0, and 1 solo WD 4Tb Enterprise (Red) edition. One optical drive too. Glad my mobo had 8 SATA ports!

**The air coming off the rack of 5 x HDs in front is definitely hot. Its the hottest area of the case. Trying to find the strongest, yet still quiet, fans for the 2 x 120mms intakes. Have used the Lian Li stock fans (Very good for a silent fan, Noctura NF-P12's, NF-F12s, and now the new -S12As. The NF-F12s made a strange harmonic noise when mounted in the vertical pair required. Couldn't tolerate it. Need to do a closer temp shoot out between the stock fans and the new -S12a's.)

**Top fans are definitely 140mm in size. Optional BOTTOM intake fan is ALSO 140mm in size. Someone was saying in an earlier post that the v750 is an all 120mm size case. That is definitely an incorrect statement. It ships with 2 x 140mms in top, 2 x 120 mms in front, and 1 x 120 mm as rear exhaust. Optional 140mm bottom intake fan is NOT included.

**Case needs LOTS of extensions for the mobo 24 pin and 8pin power plugs if you want to run the cables behind the mobo try. I needed 1 x 24 pin extension. and 3, (yes, three) 8 x pin extension. The Rampage III is a power hog and has 2, yes TWO, 8 pin power plugs AND 2 x 4 pin molex power plugs. The manual states the 2 x 4 pin molex plugs are not needed unless multiple graphics cards are used but I'm a power junkie and I have all power plugs powered. To reach the "lower" 8 pin power port, I needed to install TWO 8 pin extensions in a row to have enough cable length. The top 8 pin plug only required one extension. I believe each extension I ordered was 8cm, couldn't find longer ones. You can see how much cable length is needed in the behind the mobo pic I took, where the mobo power cables are towards the right side (rear) of the case. This case is deep and having the PSU mounted in the front makes it a tough deal.

**I like the no screw, ie "snap pin" mounted side panels. Very easy for geeks who like to open their case a lot. I think they are sturdy and mine have stood up to much abuse already. However, from a purely silent point of view, I think a tight fitting, notched, and screw setup provides a better noise (and air) seal.

**Things that contribute to the overall sloppiness/clutter of my build: Having 7 HDs + 1 optical drive, all the cables and heat they create. The Rampage III is not a true USB3.0 board. It has 2 x USB3.0 plugs but they are mounted in back. It has no integrated USB3.0 header to run to case mounted front USB3.0 ports. So I bought in a PCI-E USB 3.0 add in card to run the V750's front USB 3.0cable to. Adds clutter of course. Also, the Rampage III only has 1, yes ONE, mobo USB 2.0 header. The Corsair H80i requires one, and so does the single, USB 2.0 front mounted USB port. Even though it is not often used, I still like it functional. I bought an NZXT USB 2.0 header hub/expansion. That is the small PCB board you see in the bottom rear of the case. Also running an add-in Creative ZX-r sound card. All adds to clutter!

Pics:

Last edited:
I thought I'd post this here for anyone still interested in this case.

900x900px-LL-4f52adf7_sidewhole.jpeg

I fit a Corsair H100i up top with no issue whatsoever, using standard 120x25mm fans. I even had room to run my CPU 8pin connector through the top left mobo tray cutout. My motherboard has a USB cluster almost flush with the top edge of the board itself which made things tight, but it did fit. Given this is with my aging X58 micro board, but I have no doubt a new 1150/2011 board would fit with their high mounted 8pin connectors.

Overall the case is great. It has a lot of room to hide cable behind the PSU and drive cages. Temps are equally amazing partly because of good design, and partly because I added a hole in the bottom for another 140mm.

Back