The Lian Li PC-700 Thread :-)

It's aluminum, solidly put together away from china (I think), and aniodised inside and out, with deluxe hot swap design, and a bit of Lian Li tax on top. Perhaps $50 overpriced, but no more than that really. I expected $300. A good sale and it will be about that.

In Stock. lol @ prices.

750WX - $429 + Shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112381

750B/750A - $379 + Shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112380
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112379

The CaseLabs "Merlin" mATX will be revealed in two weeks. The current M8 is in the same price range and better.
The Merlin will be much cheaper and have more configurable options.

M8
http://www.caselabs-store.com/magnum-m8-case/

Merlin
http://www.overclock.net/t/1184977/merlin-discussion-thread/0_20

I've paid dearly for most of my Lian Li cases including my current X900. But that price is a joke....

For that much I would wait for the X2000FN. As long as the X2000FN is under $500, it's a better buy. Still way too much, but the previous X2000F was about $450-$500 delivered and it was a far better case than the V750. No way a window and some more black paint costs $50 more than a plain non windowed V750. WTF Lian Li?

Then you buy this at price, and one of those small side joints on the side panel could break, and good luck contacting anyone from Lian Li directly... When my X2000F 5.25" cage was smashed, I had to beg the USA distributor to let me buy another one for $80, which they had to get from another case as the wait for another run on production was seemingly forever (but was quoted at $40 if I waited - I think I was covering some sort of return shipping or something on the $80 price). And yet in the end, I like the top end Lian Li cases the most. But it sucks to be a Lian Li fan sometimes.

Last edited:
Yep, I don't see how the V750 is worth as much as a X2000FN. That is crazy pricing.

Makes the TJ11 look price good :) :D :)

Naaa JK!!

Sadly this does not give me hope on the X2000FN's pricing and I'm not sure I can resist it, Lian Li has me by the balls. I'm just too picky and and I want the X2000FN too much.

Last edited:
Yep, I don't see how the V750 is worth as much as a X2000FN. That is crazy pricing.

Makes the TJ11 look price good :) :D :)

Naaa JK!!

Sadly this does not give me hope on the X2000FN's pricing and I'm not sure I can resist it, Lian Li has me by the balls. I'm just too picky and and I want the X2000FN too much.

X2000FN is looking to be around $549 if they are pricing a small case like the V750 at $430.
$250+ is getting into super high-end territory. Cases like the TJ07, X2000, and Caselabs series are worth the price tag.
The TJ07 or FT02 is a bargin compared to LL new V-Series cases.

I would think the V750 will drop below $300 during a LL sale later this year.
It takes Newegg a few months before they include new cases in the LL sale.
The PC-Z70B was $320 at launch, and dropped down to $180 earlier this year.

My cases of consideration this year are the FT04, V750 and the CaseLabs Merlin mATX.

Last edited:
Plus why does the V750 specs keep switching fan sizes depending on where or when u read them? Is it all 120mm or not??

Everyone click on the Price Alert link at Newegg and enter something at least $100 less than what Newegg has the V750 priced at. Maybe they'll take a hint.

I love lian-li and all, but everyone involved in that pricing can take a long walk off a short pier. I'll move right over to corsair or another company and not even bat an eyelid.

Yeah, I think the key is to never buy a new Lian Li case on release. Eventually there will be a sale and you'll be able to pick it up for a slightly less ludicrous price. :)

I have an LL case and agree with what is said. Great cases if bought on sale. Their R&D costs can't be that much to warrant such outrageous prices. Are they using titanium now?

fufck.jpg

H60 and some fans are on the way. video card later.
will spray the optical drive and GT fans black, not sure what to do with the PSU sticker, no idea how to remove the 2 extra pins from the 6+2 PCI cable.

how you connect 2 data and power cables to the HDD cage then it distributes them to 4 drives was a nice surprise.

Anyone know the availability of the V700a in the states? I'm not seeing anyone carry it.

can't see it on amazon

here is another update on mine

fwubfa.jpg

ordered the led version from that blue fan by mistake, will replace it with a Corsair soon, not sure how to setup the top fans. currently the rad fan is intake and the one next to it is exhausting

just snatched up the v700wx from newegg tonight. 20 percent off coupon brought it down to 190. im a sucker for lian li cases and am looking for another v series. the cable management situation looks to be a bugger, and space will be limited but i will give it a go. if anyone wants a windowed side panel, i may be willing to trade them for a mint solid.

i see that the limit for a psu is 180mm, but it looks like i might be able to use my corsair hx1000 if i put a m-atx board in there. any thoughts or experience with this case would be appeciated... does the psu run directly into a full-atx mobo or is there some clearance in front of the mobo?

You're only going to be able to fit a long GPU in the top slot.
If you switch to a 140mm long PSU, you can probably fit multiple 10in cards.

When the 700WX was $168 on Black Friday, I was going to pull the trigger, but the compromises with this case was too great.

You're only going to be able to fit a long GPU in the top slot.
If you switch to a 140mm long PSU, you can probably fit multiple 10in cards.

When the 700WX was $168 on Black Friday, I was going to pull the trigger, but the compromises with this case was too great.

ok, thanks. i have a gtx 680 and no plans to go SLI, so I might give it a whirl with an asrock extreme4-m mobo. $150 for this case seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

damn, 150 bucks is a great deal for this case. tempted to pick up another one

can't see it on amazon

here is another update on mine

fwubfa.jpg

ordered the led version from that blue fan by mistake, will replace it with a Corsair soon, not sure how to setup the top fans. currently the rad fan is intake and the one next to it is exhausting

Gainward... where do you get those? They aren't sold in the US I assume?

Damn, wish I'd seen this before. $239 right now on Newegg. Selling one my my 570s, downgrading my power supply from AX1200 to AX860, and getting rid of my big X900 case. This one looks like it might be perfect.

Just need it to fit my 3 drives, 1 SSD, one optical drive, and my EVGA classified E760 motherboard.

Curious if I could somehow run a 120mm front fan (I used Gentle Typhoons) rather than a 140mm. Might need an thin adapter like the Koolance one?

couple shots of my new pc-v700 build. glad my 200mm psu fit, though it would not have fit with a full-atx mobo. very easy case to work with, though the cable management could be a bit better.

IMG_0391_zps72d6f88a.jpg

IMG_0392_zps0d56bf37.jpg

nice work core2, what fan controller you're using?

Gainward... where do you get those? They aren't sold in the US I assume?

UK store (never again)

here is a picture that I'm using to remember which port for which fan in Asus fan program

5y6908.jpg

nice work core2, what fan controller you're using?

UK store (never again)

here is a picture that I'm using to remember which port for which fan in Asus fan program

thanks you too!

it's a scythe kaze q. very basic but it does the job and it's held up for several years.

crazy that you fit rads on the top and back. my motherboard would never allow it.

Back