The Last of Us Part II

I assume a 6 month delay until the PC version. Although this appears to only be a remastered version of the PS4 game rather than something built from the ground up. I wonder if this will be graphically inferior to TLOU 1 Remake on PC. Would be a bit disappointing if so.

I assume a 6 month delay until the PC version. Although this appears to only be a remastered version of the PS4 game rather than something built from the ground up. I wonder if this will be graphically inferior to TLOU 1 Remake on PC. Would be a bit disappointing if so.

I'm hoping for a shorter release window for PC this time...they finally fixed the Part 1 PC port after a few months so I'm hoping that this will be an easier game to port over...

I'm hoping for a shorter release window for PC this time...they finally fixed the Part 1 PC port after a few months so I'm hoping that this will be an easier game to port over...

Will it even be on the same engine? It might not be. The trailer doesn't look as good as TLOU on PC. Of course the PC version might look better than the PS5 version, but unless they port it to the new engine I don't think we'll get the same level of detail. And it probably means they need to re-implement all the stuff like DLSS and other PC specific features.

Will it even be on the same engine? It might not be. The trailer doesn't look as good as TLOU on PC. Of course the PC version might look better than the PS5 version, but unless they port it to the new engine I don't think we'll get the same level of detail. And it probably means they need to re-implement all the stuff like DLSS and other PC specific features.

wasn't Part 2 already using the newer engine?...I thought they just rebuilt Part 1 Remastered in the new engine?

All part 1 did was be brought up to the same level as part 2. With this so-called remaster of part 2, there's not going to be any real graphical improvements, just a few little tweaks. Part 1 and part 2 are essentially going to be on the same level graphically. This should be no more than a $10 upgrade for PS5 owners, but you know Naughty Dog is going to charge 70 bucks or more.

This should be no more than a $10 upgrade for PS5 owners, but you know Naughty Dog is going to charge 70 bucks or more.

good news for existing owners of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation 4...You will be able to upgrade to a digital version of The Last of Us Part II Remastered for $10 USD at launch...You’ll also be able to import your saves from the original game to Part II Remastered...

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_part_ii_remastered_announcement?sf183942374=1

All part 1 did was be brought up to the same level as part 2. With this so-called remaster of part 2, there's not going to be any real graphical improvements, just a few little tweaks. Part 1 and part 2 are essentially going to be on the same level graphically. This should be no more than a $10 upgrade for PS5 owners, but you know Naughty Dog is going to charge 70 bucks or more.
It is not going to be more then $70. You can buy you can buy the PS4 version for under $30.

good news for existing owners of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation 4...You will be able to upgrade to a digital version of The Last of Us Part II Remastered for $10 USD at launch...You’ll also be able to import your saves from the original game to Part II Remastered...

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_part_ii_remastered_announcement?sf183942374=1

Might have to go out and pick up a super cheap used copy. I wanted to give the game another shot and this seems like the right way to do it.

It is still a game designed around a PS4. TLOU Remake was built around PS5 and PC. I suppose it can reach the graphical level of TLOU Remake, but I am doubting it. I assume the engine was modified and improved. The PS5 trailer for this looks fine, but not as detailed as TLOU 1 Remake on PC. Maybe the PC version of TLOU 2 Remastered will be closer but I kind of doubt it.

you didn't like the game?

The gameplay was excellent and there were parts I liked, but I found the pacing to be a complete mess and I thought ND didn't do a great job making Abby interesting until the later part of her story. It's a pity that they're not taking this chance to make a few tweaks to the pacing, I've always felt that it would have been better if you switched back and forth between Ellie and Abby throughout the entire game instead of how they handled it. I also wasn't fond of how they handled that moment early in the game, it felt too rushed.

It is still a game designed around a PS4. TLOU Remake was built around PS5 and PC. I suppose it can reach the graphical level of TLOU Remake, but I am doubting it. I assume the engine was modified and improved. The PS5 trailer for this looks fine, but not as detailed as TLOU 1 Remake on PC. Maybe the PC version of TLOU 2 Remastered will be closer but I kind of doubt it.
What? You are falling for the "built from the ground up for PS5" marketing on Part 1. The games look almost the same already and are on the same engine. There is not a single graphical effect in Part 1 that looks noticeably better than Part 2 from what I have seen. What little difference there is, if any, could easily be matched on the Part 2 remaster.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GnBG4IZISM

Last edited:
Reactions: lors
like this
please don't give away any spoilers in the PC thread (or put it in spoiler tags)...some of us have not played the game yet

Worth quoting. Looking forward to this and MGS 3 Remake. Have not played either previously.

There is nothing to complain about here. They are doing a native PS5 version with some tweaks and extra content for 10 bucks.

There is nothing to complain about here. They are doing a native PS5 version with some tweaks and extra content for 10 bucks.
exactly.. it's 10 freaking dollars, if you don't like it just move on with your life.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered- No Return Mode Trailer

Experience The Last of Us Part II Remastered's deep combat via an entirely new single-player mode!...survive as long as you can in each run, as you choose your path through a series of randomized encounters featuring different foes and memorable locations from throughout Part II, all culminating in tense boss battles...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQaceGrFIok

hopefully this means we're getting a new Sony PC port every 2 months in 2024...March- Horizon Forbidden West, May- Ghost of Tsushima, July- Demon's Souls, September- Last of Us Part 2, November- God of War Ragnarok??

I said that in the Ghost of Tsushima PC thread...except it looks like instead of Demon's Souls in July we'll get Last of Us 2 instead...a well known leaker has said that Sony is planning on announcing Last of Us Part 2 Remastered for PC next month...

https://twitter.com/Silknigth/status/1767246866159194296

I said that in the Ghost of Tsushima PC thread...except it looks like instead of Demon's Souls in July we'll get Last of Us 2 instead...a well known leaker has said that Sony is planning on announcing Last of Us Part 2 Remastered for PC next month...

https://twitter.com/Silknigth/status/1767246866159194296
Fantastic news, if true.

The Last of Us on the PC (after all the patches) is just a wonderful game - can’t wait for my second playthrough (after Forbidden West, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Hellblade 2… and the ten or twelve other games I just started… LOL)

Fantastic news, if true.

The Last of Us on the PC (after all the patches) is just a wonderful game - can’t wait for my second playthrough (after Forbidden West, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Hellblade 2… and the ten or twelve other games I just started… LOL)

I played Part 1 Remastered on the PS4...never played Part 2 so looking forward to the PC version...I bought Part 1 on PC but didn't play it yet, will make a great double header back-to back

Back