The Last of Us: Part II

No, because they haven't even announced there will be a PS5 version yet. They're either going to do what they did with TLOU and do a complete remaster for PS5 or they will patch it on PS5 since it will be BC with the PS4 version.

If I had to guess, they will just patch the game for PS5 since it will already be BC with the PS4 version and that wasn't an option for TLOU on PS4. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sony wants to double-dip and cash in with another remaster to resell as well. Either way, I will probably be getting it on the PS5 if just for 60 FPS that I would hope they'd patch in like they did on TLOU remaster.
It think Sony will go with the free upgrade route. It is something MS is pushing hard so they will have to do something similar. I expect cyber punk to be a free upgrade also like it is on Xbox. It is a great option for 1st party game but I am sure it will be something 3rd party devs will decide if they want to give free upgrades. HD collections were big easy money for these companies.

Last edited:
Looks like the remastered version of the first game is $8.99 via PSN right now. I haven't touched it since the PS3 days, so I figure I'll try it again. Hopefully the repeated instakill stealth levels don't make me want to smash anything :p

1591537167331.png

This was in the Funniest Pic Ever Thread and it seemed appropriate here.

The Last Of Us Part 2 On PS4 Pro Makes More Sound Than An Air Conditioning Unit

Gene Park, who writes for The Washington Post’s gaming outlet Launcher, reported on Twitter today that The Last of Us part 2 suffers from a lot of noise issues when playing on the PS4 Pro...

"I have a first model PS4 Pro. Vents are clean. During The Last of Us 2, the fans are louder than my air-conditioning unit. They were so loud I had to raise the volume up on my speakers. Even when I knocked it down to 1080p mode"

https://www.psu.com/news/the-last-o...kes-more-sound-than-an-air-conditioning-unit/
It's loud whatever you are playing, it just has crap cooling.

Playing through TLOU 1 right now...and totally forgot how much easier the game gets once you stop facing instakill clickers every 30 seconds. Hopefully #2 has different pacing.

Playing through TLOU 1 right now...and totally forgot how much easier the game gets once you stop facing instakill clickers every 30 seconds. Hopefully #2 has different pacing.

I'm on Uncharted 4, just got to Libertalia.
Soon I'll start The Lost Legacy, then TLoU, it's been quite the ride so far.

I'm on Uncharted 4, just got to Libertalia.
Soon I'll start The Lost Legacy, then TLoU, it's been quite the ride so far.

I replayed the whole Uncharted series a few months ago. #4's pacing is kinda weird. The first 60% of the game is mostly very slow paced...and then all of a sudden it's like being back in Uncharted 3 for the later sections. I bet that's related to them going back to the drawing board late in the process. Lost Legacy is way closer to the older games, only with much tougher puzzles. The first thing I noticed with TLoU is how light the auto-aim compensation is. Even though you can 1-shot most things with a head shot, it's not easy to line 'em up compared to most console games. Especially with the ultra-erratic clickers.

Yep. Also, all hail the mighty bricks and bottles. They are the ultimate weapon in the post-apocalypse.

I replayed the whole Uncharted series a few months ago. #4's pacing is kinda weird. The first 60% of the game is mostly very slow paced...and then all of a sudden it's like being back in Uncharted 3 for the later sections. I bet that's related to them going back to the drawing board late in the process. Lost Legacy is way closer to the older games, only with much tougher puzzles. The first thing I noticed with TLoU is how light the auto-aim compensation is. Even though you can 1-shot most things with a head shot, it's not easy to line 'em up compared to most console games. Especially with the ultra-erratic clickers.

I've heard complaints and nitpicks about Unhcarted 4's pacing and length before, but I'm really glad it was as long as it was, as I wanted to spend as long as I could in that world and story again. So I really enjoyed the pacing on it for the most part, since it really allowed for them to flesh the story out as much as possible, which may also be why the pacing is inconsistent, as they may have just developed the game around the story and they didn't want to rush it at any point.

Yep. Also, all hail the mighty bricks and bottles. They are the ultimate weapon in the post-apocalypse.

Yup, but mostly bricks. I started a replay of TLOU last night so the wife can recap as well before Part 2, so I'm just playing on Normal (already beat it on Grounded) to breeze through it and cleared that subway station out of all clickers with bricks only, lol. Just have to run and hide to lose them again, then sneak up and replace their head with a brick, hah.

There is a Tlou II limited edition Dualshock controller going around, but I couldn't find if it actually comes with the game bundled or only the controller. If it comes with the game it's a very good deal.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1566751-REG/sony_3005319_the_last_of_us.html

edit: I've found it on the official playstation page, ofc it does not have the game included. So WTF is the point of sg like this? The fancy box?

Last edited:
There is a Tlou II limited edition Dualshock controller going around, but I couldn't find if it actually comes with the game bundled or only the controller. If it comes with the game it's a very good deal.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1566751-REG/sony_3005319_the_last_of_us.html

It says right on the box "Game not included"

sony_3005319_the_last_of_us_1566751.jpg

So WTF is the point of sg like this? The fancy box?

Same point as any of the other custom color/themed controllers; to be unique. If you've noticed too, most of the sales and consistent discounts on PS4 controllers have only been for the standard black controllers and maybe a few others, while the rest of the custom controllers stay at $60 or so. So this isn't really any different than the norm.

edit: I've found it on the official playstation page, ofc it does not have the game included. So WTF is the point of sg like this? The fancy box?
What do you expect? PS4 controller msrp is $60. You think they going to give you the game for $5. The reason for this is dumb people buy up these cheap garbage special/collector edition crap.

Lol

If you know this guy though, he blows money on games and garbage like this like no other, seemingly just to post pics of them here (as noted by the mod quote in his signature).

I got the Uncharted 4 Special Edition, because I wanted the steelbook.
After not using any of the stickers that came with it, and rarely looking at the artbook that came with it, I'll stick with the standard edition this time around for TLoU2.

I get wanting to buy officially licensed special editions, but these days, you can get aftermarket stickers, or even replacement controller shells, that are far cheaper than the official things.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: T4rd
like this
I got the Uncharted 4 Special Edition, because I wanted the steelbook.
After not using any of the stickers that came with it, and rarely looking at the artbook that came with it, I'll stick with the standard edition this time around for TLoU2.

I get wanting to buy officially licensed special editions, but these days, you can get aftermarket stickers, or even replacement controller shells, that are far cheaper than the official things.

I've sometimes been tempted by some of the collector editions, but quickly realize that I don't have anywhere I'd want to display it or store it, plus my wife is a minimalist and doesn't like clutter or junk like that around, which has kind of rubbed off on me too. Also, I've committed to all-digital games now across all platforms so I don't have to store or swap games every time I want to play one, or risk losing them since I move every few years and have lost some games that way.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've never had the desire to buy a branded controller or system. Even for franchises I love. Something about it just feels tacky. Kinda like the souped up Japanese sedans with a bunch of free advertising stickers all over them. Outside of some kind of controller that offers additional functionality (like a fightpad or special grips), I don't get it.

As far as physical games go, I've been all-digital for a while. Since the latter portion of the 360/PS3 era at least. I have a couple disks I ended up with for various reasons, but not many. I find it to be pretty trouble-free to just download and re-download everything. Especially with the newer consoles remembering prior purchases a la Steam.

I prefer physical, but if I have to buy digital I will.

95% of my digital games are free PS+ games
The others I purchased via Steam or PS+.

I like having physical cases though, I like to look at them and go, "I haven't played this for a while!"
Pop it in, let any updates happen, then play.

If I have digital, I forget that I have them.

Out of site, out of mind.

Lol

If you know this guy though, he blows money on games and garbage like this like no other, seemingly just to post pics of them here (as noted by the mod quote in his signature).
if you wait until they go disco'd they get real cheap at game stop/eb. that how i got my pubg xb1 controller for $30CAN

I didn't see that on the low res image.

Same point as any of the other custom color/themed controllers; to be unique. If you've noticed too, most of the sales and consistent discounts on PS4 controllers have only been for the standard black controllers and maybe a few others, while the rest of the custom controllers stay at $60 or so. So this isn't really any different than the norm.
I always thought custom game themed items are usually bundled with the game they are themed after. This is news to me. It's not like I'm daily checking the market for game themed console accessories.

I was just looking for prices for the game and the search engine dropped this item for $15 more than the actual game.
What really confused me that the release date for the controller is the same as the game's release.

I didn't see that on the low res image.

I always thought custom game themed items are usually bundled with the game they are themed after. This is news to me. It's not like I'm daily checking the market for game themed console accessories.
never saw all the "custom" controllers for pubg, fortnite, SW etc etc? just browsing in a store or online they are everywhere...

never saw all the "custom" controllers for pubg, fortnite, SW etc etc? just browsing in a store or online they are everywhere...
Maybe they were there, I certainly never noticed. I don't browse for console stuff, unless a new game of interest is released. Last game I got for PS4 was Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Or are you referring to third party items with game themes? That's entirely different to sony releasing a TLOU2 controller without the actual game. To me it is as weird as if they'd release a TLOU2 PS4, without the actual game.

Last edited:
Maybe they were there, I certainly never noticed. I don't browse for console stuff, unless a new game of interest is released. Last game I got for PS4 was Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Or are you referring to third party items with game themes? That's entirely different to sony releasing a TLOU2 controller without the actual game. To me it is as weird as if they'd release a TLOU2 PS4, without the actual game.

I don't think I've ever seen a themed controller come with a game.

I don't think I've seen a themed controller period. I knew themed consoles were a thing and they always came with the game.

That's true, most of the time they're just part of the console + controller + game special bundles. There were a few that were sold individually, though. I think Call of Duty was one.

One of my friends seems to have a new Call of Duty controller every time I see him. That dates back to the Xbox 360 days. They've definitely been around before that, but they always used to be shitty 3rd party controllers like Mad Catz and such.

I was talking specifically about PS4 controllers. Yes, some were available stand-alone, as I said. A lot of them come with console bundles. It even mentions this in the article you linked.

This. Some are stand alone.
I did get a "classic playstation" themed PS4 controller from Wal-Mart, but only because tt was on clearance for $20.

If it wasn't, I wouldn't of bought it.

I'm about 75% of the way through TLoU right now. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time around, but those damn clickers are still annoying as hell. They're literally the only things that have ever killed me. IMO they're a huge crutch for the game's difficulty. They instakill you, they're fast, they bob their head up and down erratically, and they're usually with other enemies that force you toward them. The parts of the game without them are a breeze. Hopefully things are a little more even paced with TLoU2.

I'm about 75% of the way through TLoU right now. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time around, but those damn clickers are still annoying as hell. They're literally the only things that have ever killed me. IMO they're a huge crutch for the game's difficulty. They instakill you, they're fast, they bob their head up and down erratically, and they're usually with other enemies that force you toward them. The parts of the game without them are a breeze. Hopefully things are a little more even paced with TLoU2.

Totally agree about the clickers, although I will say that other parts of the game can be just as tough on Grounded difficulty (or whatever the max one is called.) Bricks and bottles plus a melee weapon is the best way to deal with them IMO, if you can get one at a time.

Totally agree about the clickers, although I will say that other parts of the game can be just as tough on Grounded difficulty (or whatever the max one is called.) Bricks and bottles plus a melee weapon is the best way to deal with them IMO, if you can get one at a time.

Clickers are the only enemies I'd use shivs on. If I knew there were clickers coming up and I didn't have a brick, bottle, or upgraded melee weapon, I'd make sure I had a shiv.
If I had none of the above, I'd do my best to go in guns blazing and get out of there fast, if I could.

After this weekend I should be done with the Uncharted series and start on TLoU.

So do we have to preorder this game or will there be enough stock to go around on release day?

I'd say there will be enough stock to go around since they've had plenty of time to distribute copies, you just may have to try a few stores if you don't pre-order. I'm all digital, so I'll be pre-loading it to play immediately at midnight upon release. Unless you like to re-sell your games or something, I'd just do the same since it's much more convenient.

With more people buying the digital versions (and stores like Gamestop imploding) they might be scaling back on physical disk production. I have no idea, but it's at least possible. When Steam started to really become big, it didn't take long for the PC gaming section of stores to go from small to gone.

review embargo has lifted!...sounds like another winner from Naughty Dog...not the 10's across the board that fans were hoping for but a lot of high scores...

Ars Technica- The Last of Us Part 2 review: A less confident, less focused sequel

Ars tested the game on a PS4 Pro, which often whirred like a jet engine to keep up. Everything looks great in HDR, with high contrast lighting effects that shine especially well when you're using the flashlight in otherwise dark areas...In our playthrough, the game’s frame rate stuttered noticeably in a few busy scenes, but not enough to be a major hindrance
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...-a-fully-satisfying-return-to-the-apocalypse/

Destructoid- Review: The Last of Us Part II Score: 8.5/10

Like the original Last of Us, some people are going to come away underwhelmed, but the story beats and the characters driving them are the main draw. Part II doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it gives us a lasting glimpse of a unique broken world full of broken people that's worth visiting time and time again
https://www.destructoid.com/stories/review-the-last-of-us-part-ii-592974.phtml

GameSpot

^^^ shilling(not posters, sites). notice how they arent touting kotaku and polygon like normal?!

" Everything in The Last of Us 2 takes work. Every weapon reload, killing blow, and crafted item takes time and button presses. At times the game is painfully slow; even in the most action-packed sections you put in effort to move things forward. You’re paid for this work in a grim story and explicit violence. It can be exciting and beautiful, but mostly I just felt like shit. " - kotaku

"That is the game’s central problem, and what makes so much of it such a challenge to get through: This is a story about characters who seem unable to learn or grow, and more specifically, unable to consider the humanity of the people they kill. If you already think violence isn’t the answer to many of the world’s problems, the repeated lesson that killing is bad makes the game almost maddening. " - polygon

Back