The Last of Us is coming to PS4 'sometime' this summer!

Ha. Just bought TLOU at a thrift shop yesterday for $9.99. Couldn't believe it.

I wonder just many games will be ported from the ps3 to ps4. We had quite a few ps2 to ps3. Some even worse than the original release (silent hill).

I love to see most games hit 30fps solid or more. Enslaved wasn't playable on ps3, but rocked on PC.

Really? A re-release of a PS3 game is what makes you decide to get a PS4? We don't even know what they will do to improve the game

Of course! I don't own a PS3. The game was a goty nominee and/or winner. It is reasonable to assume they will improve the graphics for the more powerful PS4. I was already planning to get a PS4 and was simply waiting for a good reason. Now I have one.

Looks like it's official. Went up on the PS4 store for a bit.

This is one of the very few games I'd pay $60 for again. I remember the one constant thought I had the entire time I played it was how much it would benefit from a next gen treatment. It just pushed the PS3 to the limit and I believe it would benefit greatly from more horsepower.

Im going to wait to see DF and other comparisons about the graphics improvements to figure out whether or not its worth purchasing. If its minimal improvements I'd see no reason to buy it. The game initially Didn't hold my attention but its might partially be because i was so hooked on Dota 2. I'd like to revisit the game but what platform depends on the improvements or lack there of

Im going to wait to see DF and other comparisons about the graphics improvements to figure out whether or not its worth purchasing. If its minimal improvements I'd see no reason to buy it. The game initially Didn't hold my attention but its might partially be because i was so hooked on Dota 2. I'd like to revisit the game but what platform depends on the improvements or lack there of

I would only buy it if they increased the FPS, the blur to cover up the low FPS annoyed the crap out of me.

I would only buy it if they increased the FPS, the blur to cover up the low FPS annoyed the crap out of me.

German Playstation Blog states the game will be 1080p/60.

And from the US Playstation Blog:

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements.

Sounds like this is a true remaster and not just an HD upgrade. I'm going to bite.

This is cool. There's of course rumours that The Last of Us 2/Sequel will be on the PS4 as well. This is smart for the series. Get everyone on board, old ps3 owners and new ps4 owners.

I will probably get this. I beat it on PS3 but then sold the game and also sold my PS3, plus I haven't played the DLC which got good reviews.

This is cool. There's of course rumours that The Last of Us 2/Sequel will be on the PS4 as well. This is smart for the series. Get everyone on board, old ps3 owners and new ps4 owners.

They had originally said the TLoU would be a standalone game and not a series. Money can change things, though.

They had originally said the TLoU would be a standalone game and not a series. Money can change things, though.

It was a great game and the ending felt right. If they do create a sequel, then it will need to be within a different setting with new main characters and set years after TLOU.

They really only scratched the surface of what the world is like in the game. It would be really easy to explore another (probably at least a little similar) situation in another part of the country or even another part of the world.

Of course! I don't own a PS3. The game was a goty nominee and/or winner. It is reasonable to assume they will improve the graphics for the more powerful PS4. I was already planning to get a PS4 and was simply waiting for a good reason. Now I have one.

The picture they show on the PS4 store says "Winner of over 200 GOTY awards" :eek:

I knew there were a lot but had no idea!?

The picture they show on the PS4 store says "Winner of over 200 GOTY awards" :eek:

I knew there were a lot but had no idea!?

I feel those awards are meaningless. Many game can receive the same rewards from the same review sites.

I'll probably buy this once it drops in price I really feel remakes shouldn't be full price.

I'll probably buy this once it drops in price I really feel remakes shouldn't be full price.

agreed 100%. A port job and graphical improvements have extremely little cost compared to the original design of the game. It should launch at $40 at most

Druckmann has tweeted that they are the ones handling the port and they are targeting 1080p/60

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/453956735376424960

From the teaser it only looks like they are doing some geometry, lighting and shadow enhancements. It certainly did not look like the total overhaul that Tomb Raider received.

They are probably using this as a test bed for Uncharted 4, and other games coming to the system later on. The engine is capable of 60 fps and was PS4 ready according to the TLoU "Making of" movie.

Sold my PS3 just before Last of Us was released. I am super stoked to play the game on PS4.

Here's hoping this is successful and brings more "classics" to PS4 (ps3 or ps2 games). I would kill for a 1080p revamped Shadows of the Colossus.

Last edited:
Here's hoping this is successful and brings more "classics" to PS4 (ps3 or ps2 games). I would kill for a 1080p revamped Shadows of the Colossus.

Again?

And why sell your PS3 for a PS4? I just don't get it?

NO! I'm tired of this double dipping shit developers think they can get away with. Why are people wanting all these remakes of old games and then pay full price for them? Heck The Last of Us shouldn't even be full price for this re-release, Tomb Raider already got away with it.

Does no one want new games?

I dont mind HD remakes. Especially with no backward compatibility, gives people the chance to play if they never played it in the previous generation. I also at times get an itch to play old games and I'd rather play it on the newest console.

NO! I'm tired of this double dipping shit developers think they can get away with. Why are people wanting all these remakes of old games and then pay full price for them? Heck The Last of Us shouldn't even be full price for this re-release, Tomb Raider already got away with it.

Does no one want new games?

Some of us never played Ico or Last of Us. So these games will be new to us. It is good news to get a chance to play some of these classics. I agree that these games should have some sort of discount off full retail though.

I dont mind HD remakes. Especially with no backward compatibility, gives people the chance to play if they never played it in the previous generation. I also at times get an itch to play old games and I'd rather play it on the newest console.

A PC can do this, with the exception of Xbox/PS3 but everything before that works via emulators

Some of us never played Ico or Last of Us. So these games will be new to us. It is good news to get a chance to play some of these classics. I agree that these games should have some sort of discount off full retail though.

Why not buy the console it was made for then? You could get the game and console second hand for cheap. I don't understand the mentality of wanting it remade for a newer console...

Why not buy the console it was made for then? You could get the game and console second hand for cheap. I don't understand the mentality of wanting it remade for a newer console...

Because the remake will be a better version:
*higher framerate
*higher resolution
*includes dlc

And also, I have other reasons for wanting a PS4. I only get one console per generation, and last time around it was 360. So there are a whole bunch of Sony exclusives I am looking forward to playing, sometimes for the first time (TLOU, Uncharted) and others I look forward to returning to (Gran Turismo, God of War, etc).

I am betting this game will sell a lot of PS4's. Hopefully they will make it a pack-in download at a discount.

A PC can do this, with the exception of Xbox/PS3 but everything before that works via emulators

Yeah I know, but emulators don't always get it perfect. Anything beyond the PS2 doesn't play perfect and the dreamcast although very close many titles have graphical glitches. I use plenty of emulators and I personally have no problem paying for a remastered version of a game I like.

I'll answer both of these in one posting. Because some of the better handled remakes not only offer a higher resolution but also included extras and enhancements (higher texture res, higher polygon models, etc).

A well done HD version of a game is usually the best way to enjoy it. For example, in the case of Peace Walker HD the game becomes far better being able to use dual analogs on a controller than the single analog on a PSP.

For one its alot more practical to play it on the newer console. For people like myself a PS4 and Xbox one goes into the place where the PS3 and Xbox 360 were. Now if there was backwards compatibility then I would buy the original and just play it the new console.

Its like getting a movie on Blu Ray versus DVD. I have star wars on DVD and when it came out on blu ray I bought it on blu ray.

For one its alot more practical to play it on the newer console. For people like myself a PS4 and Xbox one goes into the place where the PS3 and Xbox 360 were. Now if there was backwards compatibility then I would buy the original and just play it the new console.

Its like getting a movie on Blu Ray versus DVD. I have star wars on DVD and when it came out on blu ray I bought it on blu ray.

Movies aren't 60 bucks.

Movies aren't 60 bucks.

Blu-ray versions of movies are the same price as new releases when they come out. The actual dollar amount doesn't matter. Games offer far more hours of entertainment than movies. Your comparison in inherently flawed.

Blu-ray versions of movies are the same price as new releases when they come out. The actual dollar amount doesn't matter. Games offer far more hours of entertainment than movies. Your comparison in inherently flawed.

I wasn't the one comparing them. But if you want to nobody is buying movies on Blu-Ray months after buying them on dvd.

Last years GOTY that was 60 is being whored out for another 60 not long after. It sets a shitty habit for these devs.

A slight cleanup doesn't justify it. Tomb raider wasn't a massive difference not another 60 difference. The only remake I've seen worth it recently was windwaker. And that came out years ago.

Not cheaper than 40-60 bucks.

I just don't see the point of re-releasing a game that game out barely a year ago. FFX-X2 re-release I bought because I wanted it in widescreen and in one package. That games also nearly 10 years old.

In the end its the consumer's choice. You don't have to buy it at $60. I think this is more geared towards those that only had an xbox 360 and migrated to the PS4. I'm pretty sure theres enough of a market for them to do it. If people didn't buy it then they wouldn't do it.

I do agree it feels a little too soon and I don't agree with the $60 price tag. But I'm also not going to buy it either, I'm ok with someone else buying it if they feel its worth $60. If hadn't played the last of us on the PS3 already my tune would be a little different. Part of me wishes I didn't play it on the PS3 cuz then I would have no problem buying this for $60 on the PS4.

Back