The Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C and i5-5765C Tested

Yes some shops have status of over 30 pcs available so they must be in warehouse of one of bigger IT distributors here.

Yes some shops have status of over 30 pcs available so they must be in warehouse of one of bigger IT distributors here.

Well, it seems that Intel has a very uneven distribution system but at least I'm glad to see that something is shipping somewhere!

Well, it seems that Intel has a very uneven distribution system but at least I'm glad to see that something is shipping somewhere!

The silence is deafening. I can't wait until something shows up here. I want to tinker now...

The silence is deafening. I can't wait until something shows up here. I want to tinker now...

I've been holding up my build since the first week of the month when they were "supposed" to ship. I can't believe that they may be just about running into the Skylake launch... if that happens on sked...

Well I've wanted to get the i7 to replace my G3258. It looks like I'd be better off just saving up and getting an i5-skylake system.

Well I've wanted to get the i7 to replace my G3258. It looks like I'd be better off just saving up and getting an i5-skylake system.

The whole point of my build is "no moving parts" so I am drooling over the Iris 6200. I don't recall reading anything about LGA Skylake incorporating that GPU system so I really need that LGA Broadwell.

The whole point of my build is "no moving parts" so I am drooling over the Iris 6200. I don't recall reading anything about LGA Skylake incorporating that GPU system so I really need that LGA Broadwell.

I don't think they have plans either. At best we would get a BGA solution with the L4 cache on a ULV part with Skylake. I like your idea of no-moving parts, if this doesn't work out you do have some options from both AMD and Nvidia, that is unless you have no room/slots in your case.

I don't think they have plans either. At best we would get a BGA solution with the L4 cache on a ULV part with Skylake. I like your idea of no-moving parts, if this doesn't work out you do have some options from both AMD and Nvidia, that is unless you have no room/slots in your case.

I'm going with a custom case so slots are no problem and I can even go with a full size ATX if necessary. However, all the heatsink only no fan cards I've seen (and I own two, the R7 250 and the HD6770) are pretty low end and not in the Iris 6200 league. However, I'd love to be corrected and find a heatsink card that blows the Iris 6200 into the weeds.

Intel NUC with Iris 6200 please!

My build is not too far away from that, except with a much larger form factor.

Actually Weeth, I'm curious on how you plan to not use a fan with either the i5 or i7?

Actually Weeth, I'm curious on how you plan to not use a fan with either the i5 or i7?

Nofan 95. Absolutely amazing cooler. I had it on a 4790K and my temps were equivalent to any mid-range air fan cooler.

That has been part of the reason I have been looking for one as well. I bought a G3258 to have some fun with, settled on an mITX motherboard and small form-factor case that I like, and I don't want to tear everything apart just to swap the CPUs. The Iris iGPU should have plenty of horsepower for what I want to do with it, the chip has a low TDP, and is supposed to be a drop-in replacement, if I can get my hands on one.

That has been part of the reason I have been looking for one as well. I bought a G3258 to have some fun with, settled on an mITX motherboard and small form-factor case that I like, and I don't want to tear everything apart just to swap the CPUs. The Iris iGPU should have plenty of horsepower for what I want to do with it, the chip has a low TDP, and is supposed to be a drop-in replacement, if I can get my hands on one.

Yeah, it seems that Intel's Tick Tock has become the sound of waiting customers' clocks.

Nofan95 looks like a good cooler but can it really do a fanless on a 95watt cooler? I imagine it would rely on decent airflow in the case.

Nofan95 looks like a good cooler but can it really do a fanless on a 95watt cooler? I imagine it would rely on decent airflow in the case.

I was the ultimate skeptic and kept a Noctua NH-D14 on hand for a quick swapout but on that 4790K with an albeit mild OC I never saw a temp over high 50s C even when unzipping multiple-GB files, etc. And that was in a (admittedly airy) case with zero fans. I was so happy with it that I even tried to install it onto my 5960X but it doesn't fit on the LGA2011 socket. On a 65W 5775C it should keep it nice and frosty. I'm really looking forward to that build... if I live long enough to see LGA Broadwells shipping... and right about now, I'm not so sure that they will ship in my lifetime.

Good to hear on the cooler, me personally I'm still hopeful for a release, if not I'll go with a4790k.

Good to hear on the cooler, me personally I'm still hopeful for a release, if not I'll go with a4790k.

We're almost in July and Fry's, Microcenter, NewEgg nor NCIX still show any listing for it. Just days away from a full month since Intel "claimed" it was shipping! A vapor launch par excellence!

We're almost in July and Fry's, Microcenter, NewEgg nor NCIX still show any listing for it. Just days away from a full month since Intel "claimed" it was shipping! A vapor launch par excellence!

I'm starting to wonder if MicroCenter will bother with them at all. With Skylake pending so soon afterward, and their ridiculously low-pricing strategy (the good kind of ridiculous for us ;) ), I wonder if they might not just blow out their remaining Haswell/Devil's Canyon inventory and gear right up for Skylake.

I'm starting to wonder if MicroCenter will bother with them at all. With Skylake pending so soon afterward, and their ridiculously low-pricing strategy (the good kind of ridiculous for us ;) ), I wonder if they might not just blow out their remaining Haswell/Devil's Canyon inventory and gear right up for Skylake.

As much as I would hate that since as far as I can tell there are no initial LGA Skylakes with the Iris 6200, it would certainly make business sense.

Legit Reviews did some testing on eDRAM over/underclocking and they also had this to say about cpu availability:
In other news the Intel Core i7-5775C Broadwell processor still hasn’t made it to the market yet. We’ve talked to system builders, board makers and retailers and all have mixed emotions on these processors. We’ve also heard there is no hard date for consumer availability and even some talk of delay by the merchandisers. The delay might actually be good though as the UEFI versions are still pretty rough ! Everyone that we spoke with said that both the Intel Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C would be released in small quantities worldwide and hinted that this would be a short lived part since Intel Skylake processors are coming so soon. Intel declined to comment on manufacturing numbers when asked. eDRAM will not be present on Skylake processors when they are released in August, but we do expect to see it again when Intel Iris GT4e graphics come out on the Skylake refresh that will happen months after the first processors are released.

Thanks for this info. I'm now going to go cry in my beer.

Its really not that bad, its been known that the non-BGA was a limited release. You just have to stay on your toes and watch for it to pop up. Set up in-stock alerts or what have you.

Personally I'll just sit and wait, if it releases I would be super happy, if not there's always skylake.

Informative Skylake roundup:

PC World Article

Looks like we're just a month away from the release of the "high end gaming" CPUs but it certainly doesn't look like these will have Iris 6200 class GPUs so I can't use them for my build. Also I really have to ask myself if I want to saddle myself with a pseudo-orphaned LGA Broadwell (if they ever do ship) which will essentially be only a footnote in Intel history as one of their most puzzling launches ever.

I'm going with a custom case so slots are no problem and I can even go with a full size ATX if necessary. However, all the heatsink only no fan cards I've seen (and I own two, the R7 250 and the HD6770) are pretty low end and not in the Iris 6200 league. However, I'd love to be corrected and find a heatsink card that blows the Iris 6200 into the weeds.

My build is not too far away from that, except with a much larger form factor.

Well look at my sig. I have a Fanless Powercolor HD7850 Video card. I assure you, this card will beat this shit out of any pathedic Intel Iris 6200, slapping it to the moon and back in performance. You have been formally and officially corrected.

Well look at my sig. I have a Fanless Powercolor HD7850 Video card. I assure you, this card will beat this shit out of any pathedic Intel Iris 6200, slapping it to the moon and back in performance. You have been formally and officially corrected.

I'm completely corrected and SOLD with thanks. Only problem is that there are seven online retailers shown on the Powercolor site in the USA and Canada and I've just checked them all and unforuntately none of them have that card. Do you know if anyone has it in stock?

I'm completely corrected and SOLD with thanks. Only problem is that there are seven online retailers shown on the Powercolor site in the USA and Canada and I've just checked them all and unforuntately none of them have that card. Do you know if anyone has it in stock?

I bought mine direct from newegg.com. This card was only for sale on newegg for a little over two months tops before it was taken down, never to be restocked again. I paid $239.00 free shipping for it. What's funny, is when I saw it go up on newegg I had just bought a new SSD and totally did not have the money to buy it, however I had a strong feeling that the card might have very limited availability, so I put it on my credit card and just paid it off over a few months. Looking back I sure am glad I did.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131500

I bought mine direct from newegg.com. This card was only for sale on newegg for a little over two months tops before it was taken down, never to be restocked again. I paid $239.00 free shipping for it. What's funny, is when I saw it go up on newegg I had just bought a new SSD and totally did not have the money to buy it, however I had a strong feeling that the card might have very limited availability, so I put it on my credit card and just paid it off over a few months. Looking back I sure am glad I did.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131500

You're very lucky you managed to get it. I've spent the better part of an hour searching for any new items and there don't seem to be any anywhere. What do you think of this card (not available in North America but I'm sure I can get it shipped from the UK):

Palix GTX750Ti

You're very lucky you managed to get it. I've spent the better part of an hour searching for any new items and there don't seem to be any anywhere. What do you think of this card (not available in North America but I'm sure I can get it shipped from the UK):

Palix GTX750Ti

Yeah that card is amazing! I've got one of those too (non ti version) imported from the U.K. and I highly recommend it! Runs insanely cool, and performance is more than good enough for every game I play except for Dying Light. It actually runs GTAV quite well. I've got a temperature controlled 92mm fan zip-tied to the bottom of the card, and the fan never needs to spin up more than 850 RPM while gaming. That card has crazy good performance per watt characteristics.

Yeah that card is amazing! I've got one of those too (non ti version) imported from the U.K. and I highly recommend it! Runs insanely cool, and performance is more than good enough for every game I play except for Dying Light. It actually runs GTAV quite well. I've got a temperature controlled 92mm fan zip-tied to the bottom of the card, and the fan never needs to spin up more than 850 RPM while gaming. That card has crazy good performance per watt characteristics.

It sounds like it's the perfect card to build my "no moving parts" system. More than enough GPU horsepower to run a 4K display. I'll get on with Scan first thing in the AM. I appreciate the recommendation, thanks!

I think I have a UK seller that can get it to me here in Canada, but it can't be confirmed before Monday due to the time difference. I'm starting a new thread in Displays to get recommendations for a 4K monitor and make sure I have all the inputs right before I pull the trigger. Thanks again to all for your help!

Well the new Broadwell igpu is beating up on Kaveri A10-7870 10-20% depending on the games... and it only costs at least twice as much. I honestly don't know why anyone would be using the igpu on a $300 chip anyway. But I'm sure it will scale nicely downwards for use in laptops.

I sure wouldn't be. Anyone who is in the know will have a dedicated card for gaming. Those who don't, well..

Most everyone I see that has a computer it's usually one of those laptops that was on special for $400 at Wal-Mart, which are lucky to have an i3 in them, and usually have much worse specs (mostly cut down Celeron/Pentium, or A1/A4 APUs). If they're spending more than $600 it's usually a MacBook.

Yeah, not a direct upgrade from Haswell, esp. DC CPUs.

That being said, all tests seem to indicate the gaming potential of the IGP is pretty nuts.. beating an AMD R7 250 in most tests.

At 65W, with that kind of performance, this could be a really fantastic HTPC part.. 4k video without a discrete GPU, in a mini-ITX half height case..!

Not from Haswell-K, but almost certainly from Haswell-S or lower, such as G32xx, even WITH a discrete GPU - performance per watt is too high to ignore.

What we forgot is that G32xx - and especially G3258 - was designed to be entry-level, and was certainly used as a bottom-feeder when tag-teamed with Z97; Broadwell-C is, in fact, the natural upgrade path for these Davids. Where I am really curious is the price spread vs. Haswell-K (i5-4670K vs. i5-5765C); that would decide which I upgrade to from G3258.

Palix GTX750Ti

A similar card IS available in North America - just not from Palit; the ASUS GTX750 DirectCU Silent.

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/GTX750DCSL2GD5/

I've been telling all and sundry about this baby flamethrower because it IS a flamethrower for HTPC and up to medium gaming use.

High Praise - Needs no extra power, 4K HDMI support out of the box, shorter than standard, supports multiple DP displays out of the box (up to three), truly silent (fanless), price.

Kraft Mayonnaise - Takes up two slots.

Its really not that bad, its been known that the non-BGA was a limited release. You just have to stay on your toes and watch for it to pop up. Set up in-stock alerts or what have you.

Personally I'll just sit and wait, if it releases I would be super happy, if not there's always skylake.

Skylake will have the same problem that Broadwell will have - limited availability. (Remember, just three fabs are capable of producing either, and only two are today - Oregon and Arizona.) Worse, Skylake will require both a new chipset AND therefore a new motherboard, while Broadwell - even Broadwell-C, requires, at worst, a BIOS upgrade.

What's interesting is that the two fabs for initial 14nm (both Broadwell and Skylake) production are both in the United States proper - I haven't had a USA-manufactured Intel CPU since the MMX days.

A similar card IS available in North America - just not from Palit; the ASUS GTX750 DirectCU Silent.

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/GTX750DCSL2GD5/

I've been telling all and sundry about this baby flamethrower because it IS a flamethrower for HTPC and up to medium gaming use.

High Praise - Needs no extra power, 4K HDMI support out of the box, shorter than standard, supports multiple DP displays out of the box (up to three), truly silent (fanless), price.

Kraft Mayonnaise - Takes up two slots.

Nice card! Definitely a top choice should Intel ever actually make i7-5775C available. This just appeared in:

Techspot Review 5775C

"Our sources indicate an early August availability - which is odd, given that Broadwell was announced two months prior."

What kind of marketing sense it makes to release your LGA tick and tock on the same week is literally scrambling my brain cells. One of the most completely boneheaded silicon marketing decisions in CPU history. Are they making Broadwell completely irrelevant or are they going to parallel market it primarily as an APU? Also very strange given that I'm still scrambling to find any kind of specs on the Skylake 6700K GPU.

I was surprised to see that a Amazon seller had the 5775c listed as in stock but then I noticed it ships from Japan.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was surprised to see that a Amazon seller had the 5775c listed as in stock but then I noticed it ships from Japan.

It seems that Intel launched LGA Broadwell everywhere around the world but forgot North America. I guess it's just a marginal market anyway... :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It seems that Intel launched LGA Broadwell everywhere around the world but forgot North America. I guess it's just a marginal market anyway... :D

The initial demand for new products (especially PCs) is in Asia - not North America (price reasons; the markup is *higher* in Asia than North America). The fact that those same CPUs are manufactured ONLY in North America (for now), however, does make that particular move move (not taking profit into account) appear confusing.

The initial demand for new products (especially PCs) is in Asia - not North America (price reasons; the markup is *higher* in Asia than North America). The fact that those same CPUs are manufactured ONLY in North America (for now), however, does make that particular move move (not taking profit into account) appear confusing.

I agree, completely befuddling considering that LGA Skylake is supposed to be shipping in a couple of weeks. Tick and Tock coming out at the same time in North America is just bizarre.

Back