The Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C and i5-5765C Tested

Well I've wanted to get the i7 to replace my G3258. It looks like I'd be better off just saving up and getting an i5-skylake system.

Don't feel bad - I'm working on a wishlist for Skylake as an UPGRADE from G3258, as it may actually be worhwhile (and not spendy, either), and that is despite it being another three-item upgrade (in this case, CPU+motherboard+RAM). Everything in THIS wishlist will be fulfilled by Amazon (faster shippage and mostly FREE shippage at that - Mom's a Prime member); so far, the only snag really isn't one - the CPU is currently out of stock.

Curious, though - what's with Intel suddenly getting colorful with retail CPU packaging?

I agree, completely befuddling considering that LGA Skylake is supposed to be shipping in a couple of weeks. Tick and Tock coming out at the same time in North America is just bizarre.

Try Skylake AHEAD of Broadwell.

You can't order Broadwell (of any sort) from Newegg *yet* (which fits into existing Z97 motherboards) - same with MicroCenter. Skylake/Z170? Wait until Wednesday (from Newegg/MicroCenter) on the CPUs, while you can order (or even pick up) Z170 motherboards right now. (How is that for Black Forest clockage?)

Honestly, I might buy a 5775c if I could actually find one. It would make a great HTPC.

Has it happened before that Intel launched a new CPU but never shipped in the US?

I actually saw a few 5775c CPUs over the weekend at some various websites (including Amazon sellers) but they were gone in 24 hours or so. I'm going skylake anyway.

But yeah, I think the broadwell desktop launch was Intel breaking new ground in dropping a launch

A few weeks back I ordered a 5775c, but then found out the back order was until mid Oct, so I canceled, then found one on Comp Source for $400. It arrived in three days. The stock for these come and go, so yeah I paid $400, whatever. So I installed mine in a AsRock Z97-itx/ac with 16G Ram and housed it in a m350 case w/ a 160watt PicoPSU. I have my eyes on a beefier CPU cooler since what I'm using now runs about 60C, and I know I can get it to run cooler. The CPU fan is the only moving part. I really like the m.2 ssd that plugs onto the other side of the motherboard; no wires

A few weeks back I ordered a 5775c, but then found out the back order was until mid Oct, so I canceled, then found one on Comp Source for $400. It arrived in three days. The stock for these come and go, so yeah I paid $400, whatever. So I installed mine in a AsRock Z97-itx/ac with 16G Ram and housed it in a m350 case w/ a 160watt PicoPSU. I have my eyes on a beefier CPU cooler since what I'm using now runs about 60C, and I know I can get it to run cooler. The CPU fan is the only moving part. I really like the m.2 ssd that plugs onto the other side of the motherboard; no wires

I saw a couple 5775c s on sale about 2 weeks ago but they sold fast. It was easier and cheaper to get a 6700k so that's what I did

Back