The I'm ticked at Antec and Need a New PSU Recommendation Thread

JJU357

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. Since my NeoHE is a piece of shit and antec refuses to let me exchange it for something else, I need a new inexpensive PSU for my SLI system. Specs are in sig, but I need something that can ahdnle 3 or 4 hard drives, 2 7800GTs, 2GB (2 sticks of ram) and 1 or 2 optical drives as well as an x-fi card and a x2 processor. I've been looking at the enermax liberties, seeing as they are modular and have 120mm fans. The seasonics look nice too, but I really can't handle a DOA product like I hear some people have been getting. My question is is 500W liberty enough? Or do I need to pay the extra 80 dollars for the 620W model? If I do need the 620W model I'll probably go with the seasonic just because of price.

I appriciate the suggestion, but I'd be willing to spend a little more to get soemthing nicer. All I really want at this point is a working power supply that doesn't shut down on me while gaming. I have a 500W so I think 500W will be enough, but if I plan on upgrading to all the stuff mentioined above, would the 620W be a better option? ZZF has it for 149.99 AR ($20).

If you need the amperage, the modular connection, and the low-noise that the NeoHE was supposed to give you, get the Enermax Liberty.

The Zeus is an industrial grade Etasis server PSU and has a single powerful 12v rail - the non Zeus is a dual 12v unit likely from Enhance. The Zeus is the one I'd suggest for SLI.

Yep, at least IMO. However, eWiz has the Sparkle a lot cheaper as I linked to in my first post in this thread. The Silverstone could use a little bit of a price drop, but considering who the OEM is I don't know how much cheaper it'll get.

Enermax Liberty, Fortron Blue Storm, Sunbeam NUUO SUNNU550

I have seen the Blue Storm 500 at ewiz for $69 and change ... Newegg wants over $90

The A8N SLI and a NeoHE combo have a known problem. When did you get the board? Do you have the latest bios? If updating doesn't solve the problem, you could try RMA'ing it to ASUS and seeing if the replacement works properly.

But if you really don't want to RMA, I highly recommend the Silverstone Zeus 560W. It's an outstanding unit and would work great with just about any system you throw at it.

Lost is correct. You need to update your board's BIOS and then contact Antec so you can arrange to get the "ASUS A8N" mod done to your PSU.

Lol, already pissed at antec and ASUS. RMA'd the NeoHE PSU, got a defective one that was tested BY ASUS back. Still has the same issues. Long story short antec wants me to RMA it again, they wont let me exchange for the TP series PSU which is cheaper. I told them to f*** off and will never buy from them again. So I ordered the enermax liberty 620W for 149.99. I think I will be much happier with it.

JJU357 said:
Lol, already pissed at antec and ASUS. RMA'd the NeoHE PSU, got a defective one that was tested BY ASUS back. Still has the same issues. Long story short antec wants me to RMA it again, they wont let me exchange for the TP series PSU which is cheaper. I told them to f*** off and will never buy from them again. So I ordered the enermax liberty 620W for 149.99. I think I will be much happier with it.
Care to send your POS NeoHE my way? :D

Yea $60 bucks and it's yours.heatware under JJU357. LMK...I can ship it out soon as I get my other on friday/monday.

JJU357 said:

You will....you will!

JJU357 said:
Yea $60 bucks and it's yours.heatware under JJU357. LMK...I can ship it out soon as I get my other on friday/monday.
I jest. My paltry Truepower 2 550 is chugging along fine, no need to replace it.

big daddy fatsacks said:
would this one work as well as that other silverstone? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817163112 what are the important differences? they seem pretty similar to me.

Big Daddy Fatsacks (great name by the way).....I had a Silverstone SST-ST65ZF in my hands to buy (replacing a Neo), but there is no mention of a warranty on the box or owners manual anywhere. I also went to their website, and couldn't find any info there either. So I chickened out and bought an Enermax 650w. It's awesome and quiet!

Back