The "I Found An Insect/Animal In My Case" Thread

That is a frog in there. I didn't have my digicam at the time so I shot it with my crappy webcam, I was sure as hell not gonna leave it in there til I ran and got my camera.

I never did hear it croak, but then again, my PC is pretty loud.

is that sucker still alive just chillin on ur hdd? or was that the final resting place for him?

I have found the occasional moth or horse fly inside my PC, but one time me and my friend opened up his case to install a Voodoo II card and there was a dead garden snake coiled up in the bottom of the case. It was dead and dried up. I sure do hate snakes....A week or 2 ago I was petting my cat in my foyer (the room when you walk thru the front door) and I started walking towards the kitchen and I stepped on something that moved. I looked down and there was a ~15" garden snake in the middle of the fucking floor slitering towards me. I jumped higher than Michael Jordan and screamed like a viking warrior charging into battle. It took me like 10 min to work up the balls to pick the thing up and take it outside. The fucker pissed all over the place while I sat there trying to decide if I was going to smash it or not with my Dr Martens. Lucky for that snake, I have a soft spot for animals.

It's funny this discussion popped up. I have a server sitting in my basement (damn loud one too, 6 80mm case fans and a frackin loud TT Tornado cooling the pitiful Sempron). Just Saturday I opened up the case to switch out the RAM and I found a large cricket/grasshopper mangled to bits inside there. I still have the little fart, I just shook out my case and left him on the ground (our basement is pretty dirty ATM, so I didn't care). Best I can tell is, the thing crawled into an open pci slot (3rd from the ground), hopped around inside the case for a while, and decided to take a jump at one of the fans. I don't know if he thought he was gonna get out, or if he was attracted to the LED, but the fan chopped him up nicely. I could post pics, but there's not much to see, other than a smashed bug.

I had to clean dog pee off of a laptop once. Charged extra for that one.

Wow, this is funny stuff! I've never had any sort of animal/bug in any computer case. but it would be funny to see somethig like that!

This thread is indeed hilarious! Where do you people leave your computers that you can have mice and frogs and snakes crawl in? :p

One time, i was dispatched by best buy to repair a computer at Michigan State University. Dead Harddrive, HP Pavillion. Didnt think too much of it, i saw at least 2 a day back then. called this girl up, scheduled the appointment for that day, and made it over to her dorm right after her class.

I arrived onsite, and quickly removed the harddrive cage, which included the floppy drive. I unscrewed the harddrive, and pulled the dead fujitsu from its grave, only to find the real reason why it died so suddenly.

Dead Frog.

Somehow it had managed to short out the circuit board underneath the harddrive, and had wedged itself inbetween the floppy and the drive. They must be attracted to the warmth these 7200rpm drives put off. This sucker got a little too close tho.. oh well, poor froggy. Yay to me for another $50 service call that only took 45 minutes and a story to tell to all the geeks.

Wish i had a picture of the froggie. would have been even cooler to get a nice shot of the girl holding the dead frog/drive for all you, but oh well. :D

go geek squad! wouldn't mind having that job. anywho, this thread is getting better than i thought! keep em coming, haha these stories rox0rs

Oldie said:

LMAO, as it should be :D How much extra by the way?

Oldie said:

11660kc.jpg

Spartacus said:

Nope this one was an IBM :D It did manage to get through the board a bit though, good thing the guy was smart enough to not turn it on.

Yea, way back when I used to work for Best Buy in the service bay. We had a running list of "things" we have found in the computers. Worst thing I've had to do was open a case and watch a hord of roachs crawl out. To say the least we refused to service the computer. EWWWW.

But yea the list included, roachs, mice, dead flying things of all sorts. a ham sandwitch, a slice of bologna in an optical drive. (I didn't ask I just replaced the drive)

But no frogs...

This thread is funny! Needs to be made sticky.

I used to work for a Company called Computerland here in Florida. We had a computer come in that worked intermittently. When we opened up the case and looked inside nothing appeared wrong.

The bench tech left it open and went on to work on a different machine, awhile later he noticed that there were a large amount of ants in the work area.

It turned out the ants had eaten into the MB and made themselves a nice little colony inside it. Needless to say pretty much everything was trashed. We were killing ants for days.

How did you deal with the customer that brought that computer in for repairs, only to find out you guys left a colony of ants in there? :p

I hate ants! I had them in my amplifier :(

Never found an animal in my pc though, its not so strange since I live at the attic, and we don't have snakes in the Netherlands. Would be funny though, if it was harmless.

It was rather strange to see ...When you pu a light up to the board you couls actually see hints to the tunnel system inside the layers of the board.

The customer had no issue once we showed him the motherboard ...and he also noticed his ant issue around his desk had disappeared.

My friend was having problems with his computer after he brought it home from a Lan party.
He had no idea what was wrong and asked me to take a look.

I opened up the case and after checking under the MB I found a (THANK GOD) non used Condom!

Next words from my mouth after cleaning away the puke was...
"WTF kind of Lan Party did you go to?"

i gotta get pics of this but i work @ a pc warehouse and we had some big old servers that were mostly gutted and we found a litter of puppys in one of the cabinets they werent dead dont worrie i got pics @ work i will have to bring them in. my boss ended up keeping one of the puppys and named him dell

Do any of you guys remember that one thread a while back with the pic of the rat that had chewed into that guys case and died? that one was hilarious, I have no idea what happened to that thread though.
I have though found something in my case before and it scared the hell out of me when I found out. I forgot what I was doing, but all of a sudden I heard this tapping noise inside my case and all of a sudden an extremely loud buzzing crazy noise. I was like WTF was that? I kept hearing it over and over and over, I turned of the pc, without even shutting down windows, I look in the side of the case through the window and there was a damn cricket going crazy in and I found one of its legs in one of my fans. scary as well when I saw the thing jump off the case's bottom. so I opened the case, and killed it and threw it away and picked it leg out of my side fan. (it was nasty, the leg was all twitching and stuff. nasty.)

demons9872 said:
i gotta get pics of this but i work @ a pc warehouse and we had some big old servers that were mostly gutted and we found a litter of puppys in one of the cabinets they werent dead dont worrie i got pics @ work i will have to bring them in. my boss ended up keeping one of the puppys and named him dell
ha ha thats funny, I wonder, I bet if he kept a few more there would be E-machine , Gateway and GeForce 7800GTX.

I work at a small repair/build shop in the middle of nowhere, And a guy brought in a computer that was built for him that did not make it through a lightning storm, and I opened up the case and there was a small pile of sawdust along with 25 dead flies and 6 dead moths (yes I actually counted them) but the funniest part was a huge ass fly that was stuck on one of the fan blades that cooled the northbridge.

Last summer when i purchased my chieftec dragon (i know everyone has it) i kept it under my desk never checking in. I had wires all over the place, on the floor of the case and such. I had high cfm fans in the front and a fatass house fan blowing rite into it. At the end of the summer i decided to switch to low speed fans and put it on the top of my desk and do some wire management. When i opened the case up i found at least 15 dead flies, 20 moths, and a couple mosquitos cut up or just dead hovering on the bottom of the case. I didnt get a camera til recently but since then ive kept the floor clean and have been a clean freak just so i can keep check of wuts going on in my computer :\

snakecomp2.jpg

snakecomp3.jpg

not my pics, but i had them on my PC

I found my ball python wrapped around the base of my tower once, i guess it was warm. good thing i had my side panels on that day :)

Sweet merciful crap.... that's crrrrrrrrrazy... wow... gnarl!! :eek:

tazzmissionx said:
I work at a small repair/build shop in the middle of nowhere, And a guy brought in a computer that was built for him that did not make it through a lightning storm, and I opened up the case and there was a small pile of sawdust along with 25 dead flies and 6 dead moths (yes I actually counted them) but the funniest part was a huge ass fly that was stuck on one of the fan blades that cooled the northbridge.

hhehehhe... the blade must have pierced it's belly and it stuck there and died a miserable swirling twirling circular death... lol

heh, that snake is keeping the fan from moveing...I can imagine...

"Hmm...why is my computer overheating?"
*turns around case to take off side pannle*
"Holy freeking shit! :eek: "
*Runs to the phone to call animal controll*

looked at post 28, must have missed that first time through. i guess i reposted it for anyone who missed it the first time

CompMage said:
Yea, way back when I used to work for Best Buy in the service bay. We had a running list of "things" we have found in the computers. Worst thing I've had to do was open a case and watch a hord of roachs crawl out. To say the least we refused to service the computer. EWWWW.

But yea the list included, roachs, mice, dead flying things of all sorts. a ham sandwitch, a slice of bologna in an optical drive. (I didn't ask I just replaced the drive)

But no frogs...

This thread is funny! Needs to be made sticky.

A ham sandwich? How do you get one of those in a computer? Must of been doing something inside of it, while eating and left it there I guess.

dayamdave said:
Okay...so I just got this brand new Li-Li case...threw everything in. Next day (today) I went to go check out the case and saw a damn spider in there.
Its nice to see a volenteer security gaurd on duty. It would be better to see something larger like a camelspider in the computer case, when you opened it. Or those big ass spiders in mexico.

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/camelspider2.jpg

I dont see what the big deal is with little spiders. When A 1-incher brown recluse runs up my shorts, then I start to get a little unhappy. If I get bit on my family jewels... I had one run up there (seriously). Damn, that spider was really pushing its luck. They are very annoying. I had one a dialy basis, about 2cm in diameter at the most, appearing. Little back spiders, thinking they were real bad-asses. I found a few in my bed sheets (over a few weeks time). One jumed off the celing and landed on my arm. damn, they just piss me off. I squish them every time I see one.

Big ass spider

Now, If I look through my case window and see that thing in there, I would probably poo myself... Then I will double, no, triple check to see if the thumb screws for the side panel are tight... I would like to see someone steal my videocard or CPU with that thing in it.

Yep the sandwich was sitting right on the bottem. I was not working on that one luckly. My co-worker was like WFT. So I looked over and Ham sandwich....or we think that is what it was. We did not taste the green thing to find out. Oddly the computer was in for a video card upgrade. I'm guessing someone tried got scared and left it behind.

As for that snake. That would have scared the crap out of me. This thread almost makes me want to leave the side of my case on..... ALMOST

I can't think of any live critters I've found inside my case, though I did have an issue with a squirrel once. One year in college I was living on the first floor of a dorm. Somtime during homecoming weekend someone (presumably a drunk student) punched out one of the corners of our window screen. A few weeks later I walked in to find a squirrel sitting on top of my monitor eating one of my cookies. The little bastard had chewed up my big tupperware tub, gotten it open, and proceeded to consume a portion of the contents on top of my monitor.

Back