The "I Found An Insect/Animal In My Case" Thread

dayamdave

Limp Gawd
Okay...so I just got this brand new Li-Li case...threw everything in. Next day (today) I went to go check out the case and saw a damn spider in there. Not sure how it got in there...the comp has been on since yesterday and there arent really any openings for the lil bastard to get in..maybe the opened grill pci slot cover for the NV Silencer 5.......o well. Post yours here!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Opening up my case to find a spider would have scared me (poop)less. I'm arachnaphobic. >_<

So, needless to say, when I opened up my case to find a small spiderweb in the corner, I was pretty freaked out. I don't have any pics, but I really don't think it's that unbelievable. There are a lot of spiders in this area, and my computer was on the floor without a side panel. It still scared the w;lkuyg out of me.

NickN said:
Opening up my case to find a spider would have scared me (poop)less. I'm arachnaphobic. >_<

So, needless to say, when I opened up my case to find a small spiderweb in the corner, I was pretty freaked out. I don't have any pics, but I really don't think it's that unbelievable. There are a lot of spiders in this area, and my computer was on the floor without a side panel. It still scared the w;lkuyg out of me.

It will be OK

ewok2.gif

I once found a small Lizard in one of my Mom's Computers. Sorry no pics/

I thought I lost my pet garden snake once (really small snake) when I left the top off his tank :eek:

3 days later, I bought a new inverter for my cold cathode (the stock one cought fire the week befor all this happened :eek: ).
Needless to say, I had to open up the computer to put it in. The lose wires from the cold cathode had worked there way behind the drive cage, I reached back and got a sharp pain on the left side of my hand!
I quickly pull my hand out to find my snake hanging from it :eek: he had curled up next to one of my drives to keep warm!

...I still have the snake, and the scar from the bite :D

My mom leaves her case open, in our basement, in a room with 2 windows that aren't sealed properly. Yeah, lol.

Fun times, going to go check her comp for problems and she's got spiderwebs, all across the bottom, how nice, lol.

Hahahahaha Zxcs, that's hilarious.

I especially love how there's a loose screw in between the two PCI slots, ready to short out the motherboard. :D

This thread got nothing to do with case modding. Get your pics in before the lock :rolleyes:

dr k13, what is that little clip from. i know the movie, just can't remember the name of it.

bmdean said:
dr k13, what is that little clip from. i know the movie, just can't remember the name of it.

I forget the name. It was some Kids Ewok Movie.

:confused:

i remembered that i opened up one of my friend's puter. i saw one dead worm and 3 flies lyin everywhere. i told my friend that "uhh i think ur puter got worm" and "ur puter must be good in karate". :p i thought it was funny.

isnt ewok from star wars? a worm and 3 dead flies....jeesh...might as well through a venus fly trap in ur comp.

I've got this huge case with a 120mm 110cfm fan as the main intake with a grill that is more for decor then protecting, I figured anyone dumb enough to stick their finger in gets what they deserver. It being an clear case I have to clean it a deal to keep it looking its best. Anyways. I kept finding what looked like dead bugs and chopped up bugs. Till I was sitting at my desk and I looked down and saw a fly drift past my case and get sucked in then chopped up. I was like ewwww.

I had to put a filter on the back side of the fan. Luckly it did not affect to much of the air flow as long as I cleaned it once a week.

Largest thing I've cleaned out of the poor filter was what looked to have been a large cricket. That took some cleaning.

I wish the pics were a little clearer. I used to be one of the webmasters at Arachnology and used to love to try to identify spiders.

At least it didn't have a chance to build a web, lay an egg sac, have a family...

heh, they seem to be pretty popular in texas. found a few at the other house, they seem to grow pretty damn big....this guy was grey with 2 black stripes down the back and a white/light grey stripe between em. this guy was maybe
|----------------| yay-big.

the one im hunting down in the garage at the other house was
{-----------------------------------------------------------} very close...maybe longer.

dayamdave said:
heh, they seem to be pretty popular in texas. found a few at the other house, they seem to grow pretty damn big....this guy was grey with 2 black stripes down the back and a white/light grey stripe between em. this guy was maybe
|----------------| yay-big.

the one im hunting down in the garage at the other house was
{-----------------------------------------------------------} very close...maybe longer.

Wow, that big, maybe I shouldn't have read this post on the 52" TV, Heh!

Actually, the biggest, live spider I've ever had in my collection was 9-1/2" from the tip of leg 1 (front most on left side) to the tip of leg 7 (back most of left side). THAT bugger used to scare the poop out of me!

I haven't found anything living in my case, but sometimes i do see dead mosquitos and flies. Maybe they are attracted by the blue LEDs?

Tell me I didnt see a dead mouse on the motherboard.

Well, duh, you didnt adjust the vcore, and he couldnt keep up.

oh yea, what was the fsb set on before you cooked the mouse.

I found this little guy on my hard drive a few years ago. No clue how it got in there but it never got out alive.

DVC00005.JPG

chileman said:
I found this little guy on my hard drive a few years ago. No clue how it got in there but it never got out alive.

DVC00005.JPG

Is that a frog? Cant make out the pic.

I found a fruit fly or something in my case's face plate. Pretty disgusting b/c I don't know how many years it's been there, when I vacuumed it, it made a nice CLUNK sound going up, gives me shivers everytime I think of it.

My roommate last year found a Ti-83, two water bottles, and a spoon in his computer . . . I'm not sure how they got there. Granted, those items aren't alive, but they also aren't the sort of thing that gets sucked into a case through a 120mm fan.

He did drink quite a bit . . . perhaps that's the explanation ;) .

TheSpook said:
My roommate last year found a Ti-83, two water bottles, and a spoon in his computer . . . I'm not sure how they got there. Granted, those items aren't alive, but they also aren't the sort of thing that gets sucked into a case through a 120mm fan.

He did drink quite a bit . . . perhaps that's the explanation ;) .
LMAO!

I'd seen this somewhere before and I wasn't sure if it was in this forum.. either way it deserves to be posted/reposted. It's the snake in the computer story complete with pictures.

the authenticity of the story is unknown though.

my friend found a dead cockroach on his modem one time. I know this for he thought that the insect had somehow torn his modem up, and he asked me to replace it. (i kept his modem by the way, i plan to sell it sometime :D its a 56K PCI by the way, any1 want it?)

haha.. thats what i thought the first time i saw that... That's a pretty damn big snake..

When I was doing tech support many years ago, I got a call about a dead computer. After the usual check to see if it was plugged in I had the lady open the case to reseat a vid card. It turns out the case was already partially open and a rat had crawled inside and pissed on the mb (it was one of the horizontal cases), electricuted itself and killed the mb. I laughed and laughed. She didnt think it was that funny.

hahaha... i'm not sure what's funnier about that.. the incident itself or picturing you laughing about it and her being pissed.. :D

bmdean said:

That's from "The Ewok Adventure"! It was a made-for-tv kinda flick IIRC. :)

BellaCroix said:
I wish the pics were a little clearer. I used to be one of the webmasters at Arachnology and used to love to try to identify spiders.

At least it didn't have a chance to build a web, lay an egg sac, have a family...
I'm certainly not an expert on spiders, but that fucker looks like a brown spider and if it is, I'd stay clear of it! If you want to flush 'em out, a fire extinguisher will do a nice job... ;)

3.jpg

the spider is grey with 2 black stripes down the back, and a white stripe between it. flushed him down the toilet with tissue paper.

The next time I work on one of the computers that sit out on a dairy recording cow info (grain intake, milk quality, yada, yada, yada) I will take pics. I found one that a mouse had been in. Really disgusting. Spiderwebs, dead bugs and mouse turds all over the inside of the case.

Back