cageymaru

Fully [H]
Humble Bundle is having a Winter Sale. They have games like the award winning Monster Hunter: World, Hunt: Showdown, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Tekken 7, Civilization VI, HellBlade: Senua's Sacrifice, and more on sale. They even have an extensive selection of VR games and Nintendo titles too! For a limited time the game "A Story About My Uncle" is free. The sale ends on January 24, 2019.

Big Savings on Thousands of Games! Ends January 24 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.

Reactions: Joust
like this
tenor (6).gif

They get enough of my money from the monthly bundle. I recently bought the 1 year deal for $99 they floated around Xmas instead of the $12 a month I was paying. Wait long enough and games you want eventually trickle down. Obviously not the best method for everyone, but it feeds my massive backlog plenty.

They get enough of my money from the monthly bundle. I recently bought the 1 year deal for $99 they floated around Xmas instead of the $12 a month I was paying. Wait long enough and games you want eventually trickle down. Obviously not the best method for everyone, but it feeds my massive backlog plenty.

These days I rarely ever get to play the games I want to play, never enough time. So in most cases I do the same now as well.

With that said, I want to apologize to [H], wish I noticed the partner thing with Humble sooner. Will try to make up for that this weekend, Civ 6 is tempting plus I buy in duplicate (the Mrs. Is both my soulmate and my gamer girl). :)

Yeah, the only game that looks interesting I've come across thus far is Civ VI, but I already own that.

Any other good ones I've missed? Looks mostly like small indie junk.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only game that looks interesting I've come across this far is Civ VI, but I already own that.

Any other good ones I've missed? Looks mostly like small indie junk.

Monster Hunter World is a great game if you're looking for something combat-based, but more slow-paced (usually). It has a learning curve for each weapon, but when you find the one you like, the game quickly becomes addictive. I put 150 hours in it in the first 3 months.

These days I rarely ever get to play the games I want to play, never enough time. So in most cases I do the same now as well.

With that said, I want to apologize to [H], wish I noticed the partner thing with Humble sooner. Will try to make up for that this weekend, Civ 6 is tempting plus I buy in duplicate (the Mrs. Is both my soulmate and my gamer girl). :)

I'd hang tight on Civ 6 unless you're desperate for it. I bought at launch like a dumbass and didn't like it. So now they're on DLC 2 already, and the version I keep seeing on sale cheap doesn't include any DLC's worth talking about. In a year they will be selling the Civ 6 super duper deluxe digital version for $20 all in. I keep playing Civ 5 with Vox Populi mod.

I wish my Mrs would get into games I like... the few she does play are all puzzle type games.

I'd hang tight on Civ 6 unless you're desperate for it. I bought at launch like a dumbass and didn't like it. So now they're on DLC 2 already, and the version I keep seeing on sale cheap doesn't include any DLC's worth talking about. In a year they will be selling the Civ 6 super duper deluxe digital version for $20 all in. I keep playing Civ 5 with Vox Populi mod.

I wish my Mrs would get into games I like... the few she does play are all puzzle type games.

Good point, I was curious if I grabbed the rest of the missing content if I'd still come under the "Gold Edition". My wife loves the Civ series, I didn't really get any time with it, but I want something outside of MMOs to play in conjunction / against her. XD

Back