The [H] SpiderOak Referral Thread (Think DropBox, but BETTER)

Although my space is still showing as 6GB. It should be 7GB, right? I signed up under a referral link, and HoppyChris signed up under mine.

Yeah, I think it should be showing 7GB. Are you watching the number at the far right of the storage bar? If you aren't making a backup, restart the software and see if it shows 7 upon restart. If it doesn't show it pretty soon, I would repost your referral link at some point.

how can you see where someone has used your referral? Other than the amount of space you have.

Not sure there is another way. I am not sure if the software auto-updates with the new gig amount once someone does use your referral link. It must. I know that after I put in the promo code to get it upgraded to 5 gigs I restarted the software before the new amount showed. I might not have had to restart but I wasn't seeing any change right away so I just tried it and restarting it worked in terms of showing the accurate amount.

You get an email saying "You got a bonus referral gig" or something to that effect. It doesn't specify who it was, of course.

The software does auto-update. It doesn't seem to do it right away, but I left it open after I signed up, and within the hour my space had increased.

Well, this thread took off quickly.

Thought that quoting the poster with the referral with their referral link was a good idea. I guess we should cut it back to just quoting the referred person's post without their referral link.

The main reason I thought to remove the link in quotes was to lessen the confusion by cutting down on the links present -- there seems to be some confusion in getting this kicked off, I was thinking if the only link to click was the latest referral, it'd make things simpler ;)

Make sure to authenticate your account by going to your email and clicking on the link in the email they send.

You only get the 1GB referral storage bonus after you have confirmed your account.

Last edited:
Fliff, I used your referral. Got 6GBs! Thanks.

EDIT: USED! :D

Last edited:
Back