The [H] Dropbox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want full, proper data storage for backup purposes you're better paying for something like Carbonite.

If you want full, proper data storage for backup purposes you're better paying for something like Carbonite.

dropbox is more of a sync program than a backup solution. I use to it to keep all my school files synced between my laptop and desktop. It also allows for really quick web access so you can pick up your work anywhere there is internet. very nice free service, especially given that 1 full year of law school is only taking up 8% of my dropbox space.

You and me both, ryken. Just finished my first year as well. I use OneNote, and dropbox keeps it all synced, plus when I download a SH*T ton of cases from lexis, they all go in there.

You and me both, ryken. Just finished my first year as well. I use OneNote, and dropbox keeps it all synced, plus when I download a SH*T ton of cases from lexis, they all go in there.

That's a great way to use Dropbox and I wish it was around when I was in law school. I'm jealous.

dropbox is more of a sync program than a backup solution. I use to it to keep all my school files synced between my laptop and desktop. It also allows for really quick web access so you can pick up your work anywhere there is internet. very nice free service, especially given that 1 full year of law school is only taking up 8% of my dropbox space.

I move my "My Documents" folder to my dropbox on my laptop and on my desktop, that way they are always available no matter what computer I'm on.

heres my link
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE0MzQ3OQ

Here's mine: http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTExNDg0MjIyOQ

Couldn't we simply create ~30 gmail accounts and just invite each of those to obtain the extra space?

thats sort of a lot of time...

the only way to register a new account is on a fresh install of the program.

so each account has to be a new install (from what i know)

so sure you could install, register, uninstall, install, register.... repeat with new emails

but that is a little lame and not really the intent of the referral program

thats sort of a lot of time...

the only way to register a new account is on a fresh install of the program.

so each account has to be a new install (from what i know)

so sure you could install, register, uninstall, install, register.... repeat with new emails

but that is a little lame and not really the intent of the referral program

Not that I need above 2.5GB, but a different computer for each account is required to do something such as this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back