The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Surface Pro 4 with a dead pixel and light screen bleeding near bottom right. Specs are: intel m3-6y30, 4gb ram, 128gb storage. Comes with type cover and charger. Battery health is over 80%.

$15 ($10 shipping + $5 food)

Only accepting Zelle.

EDIT: gone to CAD4466HK

Attachments

• PXL_20240312_223819042.jpg
    PXL_20240312_223819042.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240312_223846755.jpg
    PXL_20240312_223846755.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240312_223918266.jpg
    PXL_20240312_223918266.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240228_163937132.jpg
    PXL_20240228_163937132.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ISO a microatx AM2+ or AM3 motherboard. I have spent far too many hours trying to figure out what is wrong with the one I have here, including replacing some capacitors, but I give up. If anyone has one, I would appreciate it.

any chance anyone else has some ddr4 sodimms, i missed the last guy. Got a few laptops for my brothers kids that could use a boost.

New, sealed. Shoot me your info if interested. I'll ship it out free. You donate whatever you desire to this board.

Attachments

• PXL_20240318_040102352.jpg
    PXL_20240318_040102352.jpg
    765.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240318_040051015.jpg
    PXL_20240318_040051015.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any chance someone has 8GB (4GB x 2) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 RAM they don't need anymore?

Any chance someone has 8GB (4GB x 2) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 RAM they don't need anymore?
I have some samsung M471B5273CH0-CH9, not sure it'll be any cheaper for me to ship than for you to buy on ebay to be honest. They came out of a mini-pc (that I happened to buy on here) that I upgraded to 16gb. Last booted about 2 or 3 months ago with this ram, so it's fairly recent pull. PM me and let me know about where you are so I can see if it's worth it to ship.

I have some samsung M471B5273CH0-CH9, not sure it'll be any cheaper for me to ship than for you to buy on ebay to be honest. They came out of a mini-pc (that I happened to buy on here) that I upgraded to 16gb. Last booted about 2 or 3 months ago with this ram, so it's fairly recent pull. PM me and let me know about where you are so I can see if it's worth it to ship.
This is what I typically find for small, old items like this. It's as cheap on ebay as to ship.

Anyone need old jetpacks? (2) Verizon MiFi 8800L / (1) Verizon Aircard AC791L. No sim cards or chargers.

I also have a defective Antec Truepower 1200w from 2010 ... I was using it in a TrueNAS setup but it kept powering itself off after a few hrs. I think I have the original box and modular cables. Idk what it would cost to ship, but if you're the type that thinks you could cheaply/easily fix it up...

Figured I'd check with the group before recycling this stuff.

Last edited:
This is what I typically find for small, old items like this. It's as cheap on ebay as to ship.

I would argue that I * personally * feel more secure getting things from sellers here on the [H] as opposed to eBay, all other things being equal. Most folks here seem to have respect for their hardware, and not only take care of it, but pack it well so that it arrives safely. All of this is a crapshoot with eBay sellers.

I would argue that I * personally * feel more secure getting things from sellers here on the [H] as opposed to eBay, all other things being equal. Most folks here seem to have respect for their hardware, and not only take care of it, but pack it well so that it arrives safely. All of this is a crapshoot with eBay sellers.
I don't disagree, but in this case you're asking someone to take time out of their day to do something for you vs. hitting an ebay listing where the cost of business is built in. So, in my view, if you can get it for the cost of shipping on ebay, it's more merciful to get it there.

I don't disagree, but in this case you're asking someone to take time out of their day to do something for you vs. hitting an ebay listing where the cost of business is built in. So, in my view, if you can get it for the cost of shipping on ebay, it's more merciful to get it there.
In this case, it works out, shipped today.

Need: Micro SD cards of 32GB or higher capacity. I need Micro SD Cards for four Raspi's that I have. Found, thanks guys!

Might give up and give away: I got a Surface 2 tablet that uses the Nvidia Tegra CPU (ARM) and Microsoft pulled the plug on supporting this tablet on their app store. I will try to find a way to hack this tablet so I can at least get Google Chrome or Firefox to run on it. It's not as straightforward as it looks. For instance, I tried downloading Firefox ESR (Extended Service Release) and that too did not even work. Google Chrome? If you try to install, it will say "this application cannot run on this hardware". If I can't find a solution, I'll put it back up here for donation.

Freebie available: A non working LiFePO4 Lithium battery charger (5 amp). The fuse cylinder compartment is turning loosely, so maybe the fuse holder got detached internally.

Last edited:
I got a Surface 2 tablet that uses the Nvidia Tegra CPU (ARM) and Microsoft pulled the plug on supporting this tablet on their app store. I will try to find a way to hack this tablet so I can at least get Google Chrome or Firefox to run on it
could try cloudready or flex

Last year I bought Spigen screen protectors and lens protectors for an iPhone 14. I believe each was a two pack, and I only needed one each. If you are interested, PM me and I'll see what I still have lying around.

anyone have a spare a low profile bracket for an Intel 1340-T4 network card?
I'm pretty sure I have one... let me check
Edit: Sorry I actually realized I'm currently using it. I went from full desktop to thin client and moved my Intel i340-T4 into the thin client by using the bracket.
They're about $3 to $5 shipped internationally on eBay, depending on how long you can wait.
I found this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4094974 I can print it and send it to you. Let me know if this looks like the right part and I'll print it out for you. (There's also this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6533436 specific for Lenovo mini PC's if this is your exact use case)

Last edited:
Anyone want a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Verizon 4G LTE - SM T337 , I lost charger for it . Just pay shipping probably around $15.
I'll probably go for this if its still available in another 10 days or so... there's an app that allows me to use an old android phone as a touchscreen to work with 3d printers. I originally planned to use the Surface 2 tablet for this, but Microsoft completely abandoned support for the Surface 2.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I have one... let me check
Edit: Sorry I actually realized I'm currently using it. I went from full desktop to thin client and moved my Intel i340-T4 into the thin client by using the bracket.
They're about $3 to $5 shipped internationally on eBay, depending on how long you can wait.
I found this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4094974 I can print it and send it to you. Let me know if this looks like the right part and I'll print it out for you. (There's also this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6533436 specific for Lenovo mini PC's if this is your exact use case)
I really appreciate the offer for the print but I don't want to put you through the additional trouble :) I ordered one off of eBay

I've got 7 Aigo 120mm RGB fans up for grabs, complete with a fan hub and a remote control. They're in excellent working condition, no issues with the RGB at all. I switched to white fans after my water cooling pump failed a month ago, used it as an excuse to overhaul the entire loop, new fans, pumps, clean the radiator etc.

Free shipping via usps to the lower 48 states only, keep your money or donate it to the forums. PM if you want them!

pending to ChineseStunna

PXL_20240404_153723851.jpg

Last edited:
Need: Micro SD cards of 32GB or higher capacity. I need Micro SD Cards for four Raspi's that I have.

Might give up and give away: I got a Surface 2 tablet that uses the Nvidia Tegra CPU (ARM) and Microsoft pulled the plug on supporting this tablet on their app store. I will try to find a way to hack this tablet so I can at least get Google Chrome or Firefox to run on it. It's not as straightforward as it looks. For instance, I tried downloading Firefox ESR (Extended Service Release) and that too did not even work. Google Chrome? If you try to install, it will say "this application cannot run on this hardware". If I can't find a solution, I'll put it back up here for donation.

Freebie available: A non working LiFePO4 Lithium battery charger (5 amp). The fuse cylinder compartment is turning loosely, so maybe the fuse holder got detached internally.
Have you tried the Rasberry Pi Ubuntu technique?

I have freebie parts available.

1) ddr2 512mb 4200 laptop memory
2) laptop dvd rewriter-GT20N (no bezel) from Acer laptop.
3) Samsung G4 parts phone
had these for a long while with another G4. This is a leftover. Don't know if parts will work or not.

Anyone wanting them just send me a pm.
More parts to be added later so check back to see what else is listed

IMG_7184.jpegIMG_7185.jpegIMG_7186.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited:
Back