The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

If yuo can't find one , you can always fix it :) take teh e clip off the center shaft of the fan clean it up re-oil it and poof will work again.. done it thousands of times on rare equipment..

Thanks for the tip, but apparantly this fan was never meant to be taken apart. There are no holes on the top or bottom of the fan, and lifting up on the impeller broke off the plastic that was holding it on.

As a side note, the exact model number of the fan is MGA5012XR-O10 (12v, .19A).

Thanks for the tip, but apparantly this fan was never meant to be taken apart. There are no holes on the top or bottom of the fan, and lifting up on the impeller broke off the plastic that was holding it on.

As a side note, the exact model number of the fan is MGA5012XR-O10 (12v, .19A).

usually those ones you rotate the circuit board and it unkeys, there are a few actual molded down fans but not very often

I have some hardware for the Antec Sonata II. Most of the small things that come off of it. Latch, rails, filter, etc. The case was in poor shape when I got it and I eventually recycled the steel. Here is a photo http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8674/antecsonata2parts.jpg

Also of course if you need PATA, SATA, VGA cables, SLI bridge, and that kind of crap I could put those in the box. More weight = more shipping though.

I have lots of other crap to get rid of and not much time to present it all nicely. I wish someone would show up and walk away with an armful.

Last edited:
I have these items free for the cost of mailing.

two apple G5 dual 2.0ghz processors with heatsinks. 10 lbs from 30238

assorted case front bay covers-about 10-11 of them.

Logitech mx 700 charging dock with power and connector cords

two sets of Antec drive rails-4 rails @ set

plenty of ide two connector ribbon cables and a few floppy connector with two/three floppy drives

mounting hardware for a Zalman skt478 hsf

Looking for micro atx 939 mobo and

GIVING AWAY THIS STUFF just pay mailing costs
19 total new and some used stock heat sink and for 939 and cpus 4000 3200 3500

I think I have a D510 or D520 stripped laptop at work... no battery, ram, hard drive, screen works... do u know if the two panels are interchangeable? hrmmm how do i check to see if its the right panel... I'll ship you the whole laptop for cost of shipping if it is... I'll have to check monday though

I need a new fan or heatsink/fan combo for this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130316

The bearings in the one I have are shot and the fan won't spin. I'd prefer to have a fan that plugs directly into the 2-pin header on the board, but I might be able to mod it if the specs are close. If it's a replacement cooler, the push-pins are 80mm apart (on center) from top left to bottom right (looking at the card with the heatsink side towards you and the PCIe fingers at the bottom).

If anyone has one that might work, I would gladly pay shipping.

Also, I need to replace the LCD screen in a Dell Latitude D520. This screen is 12" x 9" and is Dell PN RD997:

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/laptop-part-number/Dell/RD997/

I think I have a D510 or D520 stripped laptop at work... no battery, ram, hard drive, screen works... do u know if the two panels are interchangeable? hrmmm how do i check to see if its the right panel... I'll ship you the whole laptop for cost of shipping if it is... I'll have to check monday though

Panels are the same!

Gonna post this one more time... hope it's the last... (still) looking for a Pentium M SL7UZ or SL7V3.

I'm looking for a tin case that the AMD FX black edition series processors come in. I just need one. I have one and I want to use it as a speaker stand, but can't do that until I get another. Please help :)

I am looking for a 512MB stick of PC133 SDRAM (DIMM for a desktop, not SO-DIMM for a laptop) for my daughter's computer.

She uses an old Epia-based thin client with Linux on it and it could really use another 512MB.

svet-am, I'll go check before sending you a PM, but I may be able to supply that. Thin clients with linux are fun!

...ok, I have a strange idea of fun, I guess...

EDIT: found one! PM on the way.

Last edited:

Panels are the same!

I have a 510 also. I thought the panels looked like the same size, but the video cable is definitely different. I don't work on laptops a ton - can I swap the panels and not the cable?

I have a 510 also. I thought the panels looked like the same size, but the video cable is definitely different. I don't work on laptops a ton - can I swap the panels and not the cable?

The cable comes off the lcd, just swap the LCD and bracket.

anyone has one of those SATA to eSATA adapter. i can use one or two as i got empty slots on my HTPC and be better for external HDD.

If you mean mobo sata connector to esata on a slot bracket... I've got two, still in bag.

Got 'em in a big pile o stuff from a friend, so I can't say what they originally came with... but they're yours if you want 'em.

Giving up on the Pentium M request, for now...

Got something else I need. My superbly-un-awesome pile o' scrap jerry-rig mod, Paper Tiger, is falling apart :( We can rebuild it!

Paper Tiger II can be "harder better faster stronger" (cue Daft Punk music) but... I need a part. I want to put a 754 board in this thing, and the only one I have is a Gateway-issue FIC K8MC51G. It's green, which doesn't work for me.

Does anyone have a mATX 754 board that has a red, orange, or yellow PCB? I don't mind trading mine for yours!

Er... noob question also: how the fuck do you make strikethru text on this board? I can't seem to make it work.

I forgot to look at this today. I have a 510 or a 520 panel I can ship. I just need to find a box for this. PM me if you still want it or I'll forget to check this in the morning

I forgot to look at this today. I have a 510 or a 520 panel I can ship. I just need to find a box for this. PM me if you still want it or I'll forget to check this in the morning

If this is the case, then I should have the parts to try this out. Let me see what I can do. Thanks guys!

Does anyone have a mATX 754 board that has a red, orange, or yellow PCB? I don't mind trading mine for yours!

I've got a 939 proc that I've never tested, so if someone's got a known good 939 matx board that is on the Roy side of the rainbow, that would work too... maybe... ;)

I've got a 939 proc that I've never tested, so if someone's got a known good 939 matx board that is on the Roy side of the rainbow, that would work too... maybe... ;)

I tossed out a bunch of old motherboards about a month ago, but I might still have a Jetway A210GDMS-Pro (has a red PCB). It had gotten picky about memory last I tried messing with it, but that might also have been the processor I used. If I still have it, you're welcome to it, I'll PM you if I find it.

Still looking for AXP 2500 or better to upgrade a friend's rig.
Also 512 PC133 sticks for a linux server I'm tinkling.

For freebies, I have couple 512MB ECC DDR333, couple S478 P4 in 1.6 1.8 range, for the cost of shipping.

I am looking for a 512MB stick of PC133 SDRAM (DIMM for a desktop, not SO-DIMM for a laptop) for my daughter's computer.

She uses an old Epia-based thin client with Linux on it and it could really use another 512MB.

Friend, I have a stick available. Dropped you a pm :)

I have two 2.5" IDE hard drives, for the cost of shipping ($3, or $4 for both), One is a Fujitsu 30GB, the other a Seagate 80GB.

EDIT: claimed!

Last edited:
Giving up on the Pentium M request, for now...

Got something else I need. My superbly-un-awesome pile o' scrap jerry-rig mod, Paper Tiger, is falling apart :( We can rebuild it!

Paper Tiger II can be "harder better faster stronger" (cue Daft Punk music) but... I need a part. I want to put a 754 board in this thing, and the only one I have is a Gateway-issue FIC K8MC51G. It's green, which doesn't work for me.

Er... noob question also: how the fuck do you make strikethru text on this board? I can't seem to make it work.

I PM'd you about the Socket 754 board. I've got (2) K8V SE Deluxe boards both with AMD64 3400+ processors. Sorry it's not yellow, red or orange PCB, but it is dark grey/black PCB.

I could REALLY use an ATOM dual core board right about now. But I highly doubt that would be in freebies. (I can trade some parts for it if need be).
or mSATA Any size, preferably 8GB+

Last edited:
Still lookin for that board. ShepsCrook only had ATX boards, I need mATX.

No worries dude, it's cool.

got a free stick of corsair value select ddr400 512mb, a quantum fireball 30gb ide(dont know if its working or not), and a western digital 40gb ide (again dont know if its working still but it was last year)
all free for cost of shipping.

I tossed out a bunch of old motherboards about a month ago, but I might still have a Jetway A210GDMS-Pro (has a red PCB). It had gotten picky about memory last I tried messing with it, but that might also have been the processor I used. If I still have it, you're welcome to it, I'll PM you if I find it.

please don't "toss out" #1 board

for the record I will take any mobo in any condition before it goes in the freaking landfill

I have a socket 478 setup includes video card and sd-ram sticks still boots. Think its a asus board p48

pending to akinsey

Last edited:

The D520 panel I have is 12.5" x 9.5" measured outside the metal frame and has "150XG-L06" stamped in the top left corner. The back has "LTN150XG-L06" on the label, and this one's made buy Samsung. The Dell P/N on this is KR0RD9973979277UN0BN.

Panels are the same!

Unfortunately, the D510 and the D520 are different panels. I found this out only after pulling both completely apart. The D510 is a little smaller :(

Bookmage, I sent you a PM to see if you can help. If not, and anyone else can, I'm still looking!

Still lookin for that board.

Maybe not. I've got one right now that's green. I'm making a shroud to go over it, so that it won't look green. Yay for patience and with it the ability to make straight lines with a dremel!

BTW, the board I have is a Gateway-issue FIC K8MC51G, if anyone cares.

Yay for patience and with it the ability to make straight lines with a dremel!

Secret tip? Masking tape over where you're going to cut and draw a line on that. It'll hold the ink better than metal will and helps to prevent skip, nick marks... and also makes the cut a bit cleaner.

Well, I am going to paint it so I'm not terribly worried ;) Paint will cover up most of the mess. (...and there's not much mess this time, thankfully.)

I am about to post some questions in the Cases & Case Modding section, so if you're good with a dremel, I'll ask you to pop over there and help out if you can.

I've got a bunch of P4s, free for the cost of shipping (or pickup, if you're in Boston).

SL8PP (working pull - LGA 775, 2.8GHz/1MB/800MHz, 90nm, 84W, HT + 64 bit)
http://ark.intel.com/products/27461...HT-Technology-(1M-Cache-2_80-GHz-800-MHz-FSB)

SL7PW (working pull - LGA 775, 3.2GHz/1MB/800MHz, 90nm, 84W, HT, 32-bit)
http://ark.intel.com/products/27467...HT-Technology-(1M-Cache-3_20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB)

SL7E2 (untested - S478, 2.8GHz/1MB/533MHz, 90nm, 84W, not sure if HT, 64-bit)
http://ark.intel.com/products/27453/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-511-1M-Cache-2_80A-GHz-533-MHz-FSB

Sl5ZT (untested - S478, 2GHz/512K/400MHz 130nm, 54W, no HT, 32-bit)
http://ark.intel.com/products/27433/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-2_00-GHz-512K-Cache-400-MHz-FSB

Also a Pentium M:
SL6FA (untested - S479, 1.6GHz/1MB/400MHz, 130nm)
http://ark.intel.com/products/27577/Intel-Pentium-M-Processor-1_60-GHz-1M-Cache-400-MHz-FSB

Other than that I have a bunch of untested 256MB sticks of desktop DDR2.

I'm in Boston, Mass. Some of the heat spreaders have light scratches on them.

Last edited:
Well, I am going to paint it so I'm not terribly worried ;) Paint will cover up most of the mess. (...and there's not much mess this time, thankfully.)

I am about to post some questions in the Cases & Case Modding section, so if you're good with a dremel, I'll ask you to pop over there and help out if you can.

It's still 1000% easier to cut something when you tape over where you're going to be making the cut. Trust me.

Anyone have some USB-stick Lanyards (the long "around the neck" type) they're not using? Most of what I find for sale are "keyring" lanyards that wont fit the tiny holes on my USB drives... looking for 2-5 of them...

Back