The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anyone have a samsung charger lying around, specifically an EP-TA300 for a stupid chare pad I cant use? ;)
Here is a trick to get you any free charger you want. Go to any hotel front desk. Tell them you left your cell phone charger last week and want to see their 'charger box'--they'll hand you a box with every type of charger you could possibly want. Take your pick and thank them! (y)

(I literally had 4x chargers for my Palm Treo back when we had a hotel and the phone was in its prime :D)

Here is a trick to get you any free charger you want. Go to any hotel front desk. Tell them you left your cell phone charger last week and want to see their 'charger box'--they'll hand you a box with every type of charger you could possibly want. Take your pick and thank them! (y)

(I literally had 4x chargers for my Palm Treo back when we had a hotel and the phone was in its prime :D)
lol, ya I was told that by a front desk lady. Either way, Im finding this one is kinda special as it was not included with any phones.

Anyone have an ancient mini usb cable? Also need a 512 meg SD card. Happy to pay postage and discuss if I have any goodies to offer back for free. AIPTEK DV video cam. Since it only has output to RCA for old televisions it will be fun to try to take and export video. The directions tell you how to get it to work on 98SE, Win 2000, and XP, "Just ignore the warnings and replace the original driver"...LOL
PM me with the details.

PM me with the details.
I guess you meant the mini usb. Just need standard usb at the other end. Still looking for a 512meg SD card also. Thank you for getting in touch.

Attachments

• Mini USB.jpg
    Mini USB.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 0
Edit: Gone.
3 SanDisk 32gb SDHC Cards. One per person! Free. No shipping charge. I might be slow getting these out. PM me, First come first serve. Will edit once they all claimed.

Last edited:
I guess you meant the mini usb. Just need standard usb at the other end. Still looking for a 512meg SD card also. Thank you for getting in touch.

Not sure if you tried Ebay, but you can get them for almost nothing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123811719307

I might have one in my cable horde, I'd have to go look.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
what kind of [H] member doesnt have a misc cable box with at least 10 of those tangled up in a ball?
if you have a local comp shop, go ask if they have one in their bin OR go get one at the dollar store, they still carry them.
im with gillbot, you can get one cheaper than I can mail one free. However if you want to pay more for what is likely the same or less quality, narsbars, DM me.

Anyone have an ancient mini usb cable? Also need a 512 meg SD card. Happy to pay postage and discuss if I have any goodies to offer back for free. AIPTEK DV video cam. Since it only has output to RCA for old televisions it will be fun to try to take and export video. The directions tell you how to get it to work on 98SE, Win 2000, and XP, "Just ignore the warnings and replace the original driver"...LOL

I think I have both (the card is mini SD but has a standard SD adapter)

BTW, if you're still looking for the RCA output cable, is it the 3.5mm jack to RCA type? Is it RCA stereo audio (white and red) or mono only (usually just white)? I might have one of those.

PM incoming after I find them

im with gillbot, you can get one cheaper than I can mail one free. However if you want to pay more for what is likely the same or less quality, narsbars, DM me.
A member PMed me and has the whole works. If I have to drive somewhere the closest location is 25 miles. I just blew a lot more in gas than postage. Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Free - RescuePro Deluxe 2 year subscription.

I get these whenever I buy certain SD cards from sandisk and have more than one.
Good for 2 year activation. Please only get if you have an actual need.
Key via DM

edit;
I dont know if they are stackable or usable with existing account.
I personally never had to actually use one.

edit2; As a note I forgot to mention, this is a version geared to SD cards. from what I gather, it wont be good for hard drives or SSDs
if some one uses this and sees different, please let me know

Attachments

• 20210921_234933.jpg
    20210921_234933.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
curious if anyone has a couple of lightning cables laying around not using, got an old ipad that the cable is starting to rip near the connector.

curious if anyone has a couple of lightning cables laying around not using, got an old ipad that the cable is starting to rip near the connector.
I've got a few from some phones I bought to trade in. The other end is USB-A though not a newer cable with Lightning--> USB-C.

Would anyone have a Sony Z2 tablet, SGP561 thats no longer working but the screen is still good? if so send me a pm.

I've got a few from some phones I bought to trade in. The other end is USB-A though not a newer cable with Lightning--> USB-C.
That would work since the charger I have is old USB-A port so that would be perfect. If you don't mind the trouble of digging them out and mail it, I would greatly appreciated.

Very long shot... But need any Ryzen 3000 series CPU (minus the APUs like the 3000/3200/3400G) to do a BIOS update. Just need to borrow it to flash two B550 boards that didn't come with the correct BIOS to run a 5000 series CPU, and have a 5600G. Will return it when done.

Does anyone have a harddrive cage for the Antec 900 case? Also if you know where i can find one, please pm me. Thanks

Does anyone have any ESD bags that will fully enclose 3070 cards? A cousin disassembled a mining rig and gave be a deal on a couple at retail.
but we want to make sure they safe for shipping he has all of the boxes but discarded the ESD bags.

and before anyone asks, all of the cards have since been sold to his family and friends and there are none left. sorry ;)

I have a bunch of hard drives that I have listed on ebay, but I wanted to give away to [h] members, just pay shipping from 02053. A mix of SATA, SCSI U320, SAS, IDE, 15k, 10k, 7.2k, 5.4k. I think I have some more various drives, so feel free to ask if you're looking for anything in particular. I have duplicates of some of then indicated in parens. heatware 35 0 0 . Ignore the painters tape, it just indicates that I tested and wiped them. These have just been accumulated over the years after recycling old computers, replacing with SSDs, retired servers, etc.

The following have been tested using badblocks for at least 8hrs and then full nwipe DoD short pass. (3.5" unless otherwise stated)

Seagate 36GB 15k SCSI ST336752LC (2x)
Fujitsu MAX3147RC 146GB 15K RPM SAS
Hitachi 600GB 15k RPM SAS
IBM Deskstar 10GB 7.2k PATA
Seagate ST3146854SS 146GB 15k SAS (2x)
Seagate ST3600057SS 600GB 15k RPM SAS
Western Digital Raptor 160GB 10k SATA
Hitachi 2TB 7.2k SATA (2x)

Maxtor 36GB 15k Ultra 320 SCSI
Fujitsu 146GB 10k Ultra 320 SCSI (2x)
Hitachi (Apple) 320GB 7.2k RPM SATA 2.5"
Seagate 80GB 7.2k RPM SATA 2.5"
Seagate 250GB 7.2k SATA 2.5"
Samsung 1TB SATA 2.5"

Hitachi Travelstar 80GB 5.4k PATA IDE 2.5"
Toshiba 750GB SATA 2.5"

Untested, but I will test this week if anyone is interested.
Hitachi Desktar 40GB 7.2k PATA IDE
Seagate ST320011A 20GB PATA IDE
Quantum Fireball LB10A011 10GB PATA IDE

IMG_3225.JPG

Last edited:
Do you live in Maine? I have a pile of stuff, PWR supplies, cables and connectors, two or three 212 coolers with multiple fans, nuts, bolts, screws, a couple of corsair cases, multiple spinnies around 500gig. I won't break up, inventory or ship. Let me know if you live in Maine. Must pick up, near Newport Maine. Must take it all or I bury the trash guy. Real shame to toss but I no longer have the room.

Do you live in Maine? I have a pile of stuff, PWR supplies, cables and connectors, two or three 212 coolers with multiple fans, nuts, bolts, screws, a couple of corsair cases, multiple spinnies around 500gig. I won't break up, inventory or ship. Let me know if you live in Maine. Must pick up, near Newport Maine. Must take it all or I bury the trash guy. Real shame to toss but I no longer have the room.
Be worth it for just the 212 coolers, but I am in Michigan. Hope someone grabs it all or you can find a local electronics recycler.

Model numbers?
How close are you to Falmouth Maine?
I have an aunt that lives there if the cases are the bigger and or good ones I may ask her if she can take a drive there. She can give them to me next time she comes to Connecticut (which is quite a lot LoL)
Quite a ways from Falmouth. About two hours. Ask her to look up Newport, about 25 miles south of Bangor. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

Back