The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'm so sorry, It was fine here in HTPC duty I swear

absolutely no worries. It's just the risk everyone takes when taking freebies. :)

jojo unloading his trash again I see

So+rude+_86e7c053889e14af9bd6f8bc3ab6b322.jpg

Haha, I'm totally kidding and I think (hope) jojo knows it. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor that sometimes doesn't translate well over the internet. I know he (along with most in this thread) wouldn't intentionally dump useless junk on someone. ;)

Trust me, I think very highly of the active participants here that contribute and don't just mooch. Carry on gents!

Haha, I'm totally kidding and I think (hope) jojo knows it. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor that sometimes doesn't translate well over the internet. I know he (along with most in this thread) wouldn't intentionally dump useless junk on someone. ;)

Trust me, I think very highly of the active participants here that contribute and don't just mooch. Carry on gents!

I know you were just joking. That's why i posted the pic. :D

its all good

I am oweing 404 one though

No worries man. Stuff happens. I'm scouring my local craigslist for some things.

Long shot here but worth asking.

Anyone have a spare wifi antenna from those motherboards that come with built in Wifi? Its like an external antenna and has 2 cables on the other end that screw onto the 2 inputs on the motherboard.

For example Asus and Gigabyte have 1. Well PM if you do and what you are asking for. I promise I will post some freebies soon to help the community if I can be helped. (or when I go through some old stuff)

Thank you in advance If I cant reply right away. Dont think ill find anything but just asking in case someone has a spare or even broken one that I could fix up. I can solder at work!

You'll have a PM shortly. Below is what they look like and I can confirm they will work as I've used them in just that application. I used to work for a company that handled Kitchen entertainment appliances and these were the wifi antennas they used. They screw on just like any other and tilt is several different directions once they are attached as shown, 90 degrees, 45, etc.

OUcuxnp.jpg

does anyone have an i7 640m that could be had for a steal if not free?

Another user hooked me up with an ol' clevo for a great price and I would like to top it off.

anyone have a 160gb and up sata drive they can spare for the cost of small flat rate shipping? Finally found a small form factor e-machines on craigslist for this kids project. Got some spare sticks of ram and according to some posts on various forums, i can upgrade the AM2 45w single core cpu with a stronger one. The CPU jojo gifted me some weeks back should come in handy with this one. The guy is selling spare hard drives but he wants quite a bit for them. Figured i would ask here first as I've already blown past my budget on this by leaps and bounds.

Next time I'll just convert an old cabinet for them instead of building one myself.

- I have a spare nvidia geforce 9800 collecting dust here.
- I also have a box filled with IDE hard drives. A guy on ARS wanted them and he never got back to me after i boxed them up. from 20gb to 120gb.

anyone have a 160gb and up sata drive they can spare for the cost of small flat rate shipping? Finally found a small form factor e-machines on craigslist for this kids project. Got some spare sticks of ram and according to some posts on various forums, i can upgrade the AM2 45w single core cpu with a stronger one. The CPU jojo gifted me some weeks back should come in handy with this one. The guy is selling spare hard drives but he wants quite a bit for them. Figured i would ask here first as I've already blown past my budget on this by leaps and bounds.

Next time I'll just convert an old cabinet for them instead of building one myself.

- I also have a box filled with IDE hard drives. A guy on ARS wanted them and he never got back to me after i boxed them up. from 20gb to 120gb.

I have a 200GB sata in a drawer at home .. I can test it and if it works you can have it .. won't be able to test until tomorrow (Wed) evening though ..

404, I can definitely send you a SATA drive also. Happy to help if ThreeDee's doesn't test out OK.

I'm really needing a Sata DVD drive doesn't have to be a burner though it would be nice just a reader is what I need.

Spoken for, thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:

are those ide drives available? i could use one for the ps2.

sorry i dont have any sata drives

Looking for a 775 processor to upgrade a friend's computer so he can play less demanding games. Anyone have a 3Ghz Wolfdale for at or near cost of shipping?

Looking for a 775 processor to upgrade a friend's computer so he can play less demanding games. Anyone have a 3Ghz Wolfdale for at or near cost of shipping?

Let me check my junk box at home, I may have a 3 GHz somewhere. Don't take my word for it yet, though. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I volunteer administration of a network for a local non-profit and their desktop computers are super slow. They mostly have 2GB DDR2 ram running Windows 7 or Vista. I believe that ram was removed before the organization purchased these machines.

Anyhow, if anyone has DDR2 desktop ram available, then I will take them. I am trying to spend as little on shipping costs as possible. I would like to trade or I have $10 Google Wallet. Thanks!

This is what I have to trade or free to anyone needing it:

agp video card

ide/sata PCI card

antennas

xbox hddvd drive

ide dvd-rom

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I still have my e5200 that OC'd well over 3ghz (on water I had it over 3.5 with little extra voltage so it was a great overclocker). Unfortunately, I won't be able to get into that storage to check until Tuesday night so if you don't get one before please PM me and remind me and I'll dig it up for you.

@janas19:

Sorry, I have a bunch of S478 CPUs, but none 775. I thought I have some, but unfortunately, no. Hope someone else can help you out.

Thanks!

It's not 3GHz, but I have an E3400 you can have. It's 2.7GHz but you can probably overclock it past 3GHz.

I'm looking for an AM2+ or AM3 Phenom II to upgrade my friend's computer. I already sent him a case and video card and he bought an evga PSU on the cheap. Long story short, he bent some pins on his Phenom X3 8400 and is currently using an Athlon X2. It's bottlenecking his computer so I'd like to get him something better.

He pulled the motherboard from an Acer Aspire X3200. From the little documentation I could find, it officially supports up to the X4 9750. The most recent bios update was released on 8/10/2009 though so it SHOULD support Phenom II CPUs.

I'll pay for shipping or buy you a ~$10 steam game.

moar stuff

AMD Athlon 64 2650e AM2 processor
2x 512mb ddr2 3200 desktop ram

I have the following cpu's to give away for the cost of shipping all are 775 : all are gone
9453.4/4m/800 ,828 2.8/2m/800,945 3.4/4m/800,p4 3.2/1m/800

2 sticks of ram:512mb pc2-5300 Samsung each.
gone

I have 3 wireless antennae for wireless cards or routers.

sodimm 3- ddr3 2 gig sticks all are gone
sodimm 6- ddr2 sticks 512- 1 gig
sodimm 2-2 gig ddr2 800 MHz ram

5- laptop wireless cards internal types 3 different slot types.
3 laptop hard drives 2- 80 gig one 60 gig all sata. all are gone

If interested please pm me I don't check here often.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a plastic pry tool to get into an Asus Chromebox? And anti-static gloves? Not sure how much the gloves usually cost.

l have all this ddr1 memory thats no longer being used or needed. all for the cost of mailing. I would like to send all of it to one person if possible

2x256mb pc3200(400)
4x256mb pc2700(333)
1x256mb+512mb pc2100(266)
256mb .pc2100(266) sodimm
1gb pc2700(333) sodimm--dont know if this stick works or not

added:
E1600 engineering sample (Q9DM)

Last edited:
I've got a bunch of leftover printer ink from a printer that just died. Ink is for models that use Canon PGI-225BK, and CLI-226. they're various generics, not canon branded

Back