The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

PM me a picture, and I'll help if I can, although I don't think it's likely -- got rid of most of my desktop optical drives a long time back...

Does anyone have any 120mm RED Fans laying around? Red LED would be great, But just Red would work as well!

Wife loves red for some reason.... :-\

Long shot but I thought someone might have them floating around

My Hannspree LCD monitor just died and I happen to like it.. it blinks on and off for about and hour and then might come on to stay but usually not

Opened it up and found two bulging and leaking caps so I think that is the problem..

The caps are:

Samxon
680uf 25v
105C
They also have the marking GK(M) and Y4C on them
They're like a pine green in color

I did a quick search online and really couldn't find those exact ones and when I did it was like a 20 pack or a 50 pack.. I only need two or maybe three if I mess up..

Oh and I'd be willing to trade the caps for one of the games in the list in my FS thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1644073

Try Here I've bought from this person and shipping is cheap.
http://thecapking.com/

My Hannspree LCD monitor just died and I happen to like it.. it blinks on and off for about and hour and then might come on to stay but usually not

Opened it up and found two bulging and leaking caps so I think that is the problem..

The caps are:

Samxon
680uf 25v
105C

I did a quick search online and really couldn't find those exact ones and when I did it was like a 20 pack or a 50 pack.. I only need two or maybe three if I mess up..

Oh and I'd be willing to trade the caps for one of the games in the list in my FS thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1644073

not a common cap. You may have to just bite the bullet and buy some. Usually PCs use 820uf @25v

404, I'm surprised you don't have any :p you and jojo69 would be on my PM-instantly list for that sort of thing (Mohonri would be third in line, mostly because I don't know him as well). I know that both of you (and Mohonri as well) are good with electronics.

EDIT: Mouser has 'em -- dracos, if you can post (mm, please!) the diameter and height of the busted caps, as well as the distance center-to-center between the leads (down the middle of one to down the middle of the other, if you know what I mean), I can find you matches there.

Also, if you don't know -- Mouser Electronics is a BIG electronics site, sort of what Radio Shack would want to be if it still was what it used to be (a hobbyist electronics parts store) only Mouser also sells to The Big Guys as well. They sell EVERYTHING. You name it, they got it, I mean it. You know the Weird Al song, "Hardware Store"? You remember how he rattles off all the stuff you can buy? Yeah, that, only it's electronics instead of tools and hardware. They also have a really convenient shipping option -- flat $5 to a residential address if it's little enough to fit in a FedEx ReadyPost box ;) (Might be UPS SurePost; don't remember.) Very handy. www.mouser.com -- go there and watch li'l ol' Radio Shack piss its pants because it ain't half o' nothin' in comparison.

Last edited:

The caps are:

Samxon
680uf 25v
105C

4 pack
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Panasoni...itor-capacitors-105C-10mm-10x20-/251096790610
I have NO idea if these will work, but they should.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
dracos, you'll want to check the lead spacing (per my edited post, above) before you spring for those eBay caps. They'll be cheaper than what I was suggesting, tho, when you factor in Mouser's shipping.

404, I'm surprised you don't have any :p you and jojo69 would be on my PM-instantly list for that sort of thing (Mohonri would be third in line, mostly because I don't know him as well). I know that both of you (and Mohonri as well) are good with electronics.

EDIT: Mouser has 'em -- dracos, if you can post (mm, please!) the diameter and height of the busted caps, as well as the distance center-to-center between the leads (down the middle of one to down the middle of the other, if you know what I mean), I can find you matches there.

Also, if you don't know -- Mouser Electronics is a BIG electronics site, sort of what Radio Shack would want to be if it still was what it used to be (a hobbyist electronics parts store) only Mouser also sells to The Big Guys as well. They sell EVERYTHING. You name it, they got it, I mean it. You know the Weird Al song, "Hardware Store"? You remember how he rattles off all the stuff you can buy? Yeah, that, only it's electronics instead of tools and hardware. They also have a really convenient shipping option -- flat $5 to a residential address if it's little enough to fit in a FedEx ReadyPost box ;) (Might be UPS SurePost; don't remember.) Very handy. www.mouser.com -- go there and watch li'l ol' Radio Shack piss its pants because it ain't half o' nothin' in comparison.

I posted my last message because i checked my cap bin and all i had was 820uf 25V caps. Then it dawned on me that the cap rating isn't common for PC stuff.

The ones that PCunicorn posted look more than adequate for the job and they are cheap.

I was just ribbin' ya, dude, don't take it personally!

I agree re: PCunicorn's post -- if they fit, they'll do fine and they're a GREAT price.

I was just ribbin' ya, dude, don't take it personally!

I agree re: PCunicorn's post -- if they fit, they'll do fine and they're a GREAT price.

I know. Didn't take it personally in any form. Just saying, i checked and got nothing.

the ebay auction is a solid price considering. I've seen much more expensive auctions for slightly-off caps. Besides, the guy needs to make a cut for packing up that set. I've been hosed lots more than 5.50 for a handful of caps before.

The caps are:

Samxon
680uf 25v
105C

I've fixed several dozen monitors with bad caps, so you might find my advice worthwhile :)

Short version: for these caps, match or exceed both the voltage rating and the capacitance, and you'll be fine.

Longer version: 25V is a very standard voltage. 1000uF is the most popular value larger than the 680uF caps you're replacing. 680uF is also a standard, but it's less common. Any higher value is fine. Lead spacing makes it easier to fit in, but you can bend the leads if need be. Make sure you match polarity, and watch the height, too!, although by the looks of things you've got plenty of clearance.

Would anyone have a matx or itx 775 that supports E8400 or Q6600 using ddr2 memory? I currently have a Zotac NF630i that doesn't support either one of the processors.

Also this board has three budging caps but will still work. A freebie to anyone for the cost of mailing.

edit: it supports the e8400 but its not booting up. hsf is just powering up. might need a bios update but the cpu I had, e6420, I give away to another member. think I prefer to just get another board that will support both e8400 and q6600.

Last edited:
dracos, you'll want to check the lead spacing (per my edited post, above) before you spring for those eBay caps. They'll be cheaper than what I was suggesting, tho, when you factor in Mouser's shipping.

Lead spacing isn't as important if you have an open height and enough lead on the cap you are installing in its place.

Would anyone have a matx or itx 775 that supports E8400 or Q6600 using ddr2 memory? I currently have a Zotac NF630i that doesn't support either one of the processors.

Also this board has three budging caps but will still work. A freebie to anyone for the cost of mailing.

If i only had money, I'd fix up that board. :eek:

edit: it supports the e8400 but its not booting up. hsf is just powering up. might need a bios update but the cpu I had, e6420, I give away to another member. think I prefer to just get another board that will support both e8400 and q6600.

I'll take it :) PM sent

That's perfect, my 8 year old son just so happens to need one :D

To all that pm'd me inquiring bout the itx 775 board. let me see first if the board can be rma'd and if they have any 775 mitx boards available.

Does anyone have a PCI Network card (preferably Intel) that I could have? My desktop only has one LAN port and I need another so that I can do some split subnet work. I can paypal shipping costs right away.

Does anyone have a PCI Network card (preferably Intel) that I could have? My desktop only has one LAN port and I need another so that I can do some split subnet work. I can paypal shipping costs right away.

I have a couple...but not Intel. I think one is a 3Com, and the other is a Netgear FA311

I have a VERY old Intel card, maybe, I might've gotten rid of it -- I'll check -- but it's old enough that XP is the last Windows OS that it will work for. No Vista/7/etc support.

EDIT: It's gone, sorry -- I must've eWasted it a while back...

I'll have to look when I get home, but I believe it is this one.

That is the most common 3Com NIC card.

I have a boat load of Kingston 10/100 NIC cards that are much like that 3Com, however, like 3Com it is a bugger to get drivers for them above Windows XP.

But Svet-am you are sure welcome to one if you want it man.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I doubt this'll go anywhere BUT:

I have an eMachines eView 17f2 flatscreen CRT monitor. VGA only, built in video cable, mfr date Oct 2006. Works great! Hasn't been used much. Came with an eMachines T2596 system that has long since Left The Building.

Anyone within driving distance of 27344 can have it but I cannot and will not ship it because (a) I don't know how and (b) it weighs at least as much as my mother's first car -- a beige/tan 1967 (IIRC) VW Beetle :D

PM me if you're interested (desperate?) and we'll work out when you can swing by.

EDIT: just to be fair and all, I've got this listed on a local-only forum as well, although there's been absolutely zero interest there so far...
EDIT2: sorry, it was a '68 Beetle. That's what I get for relying on memory :p BTW the monitor is a 17", and it's a 4:3 ratio screen.

Last edited:

I did some digging and I have a lightly used (read that as under 24 hours use) Intel Pro/1000 GT PCI card you can have for the cost of shipping. Paypal would be $5.31 shipped to you USPS Priority flat-rate. The [H] has been good to me so why not pass it along?

Last edited:
Free for the cost of shipping:

6-8 SATA cables
several power cords
2 USB a-B cables
1 molex to 2x sata connector

Gets tossed in ~12 hours

If you read me the values on the caps, I might have some used ones I've pulled off other boards I could send you, along with a Celeron or a P4 if it will help you top flash, but (if I googled right) it looks like that board only had one bios released.

Shot in the dark, but looking for a XB360 power brick.

Thanks a lot :)

Yea LOL, that makes two of us! I have two original Xbox's and can't find any power supplies cheap!

Also @ Eviljoker: Them ram sticks went out late yesterday. You should have them by Tuesday at the latest man.

Last edited:
Free for the cost of shipping:

6-8 SATA cables
several power cords
2 USB a-B cables
1 molex to 2x sata connector

Gets tossed in ~12 hours

I call dibs on the Molex->Sata! (if anyone has a couple more lieing around I need 4 total)

Shipping to 30528, PM me if it's still avalible :)

Had a couple of these, I'll check the chipset and let you know if I still have them what they are (not used them in so long I'm not sure I still have them)

Does anyone know where I could get a trial code for Xbox Live Gold? I want to try some of the media streaming apps without handing over my credit card info first.

Does anyone know where I could get a trial code for Xbox Live Gold? I want to try some of the media streaming apps without handing over my credit card info first.

Pretty sure i have a month card around here somewhere. I'll find it and send you the code.

Free for the cost of shipping. Expect that to be ~$3-4. Will be gone in 24 hours.

Sealed Windows 98 OEM SE. I will include something hardware with it so the EULA won't be violated.

Free for the cost of shipping. Expect that to be ~$3-4. Will be gone in 24 hours.

Sealed Windows 98 OEM SE. I will include something hardware with it so the EULA won't be violated.

Shot ya a PM Peanut.

And, payment sent. :p

Last edited:
Back