The fuzzy donut owns

p3sty

2[H]4U
MY 6950 cant run furmark on stability test at stock think I have a reason to RMA?

Does it fail at 6950 or 6970 speeds? BTW what's with the crazy thread title?

It's at stock 6950 speeds I reflashed it back to 6950 speeds because gaming at 6970 speeds wasnt stable at all. Furmark fuzzy donut owns my card is whats happening.

It's at stock 6950 speeds I reflashed it back to 6950 speeds because gaming at 6970 speeds wasnt stable at all. Furmark fuzzy donut owns my card is whats happening.

What drivers are you using, have you tried changing to +20 powertune setting? Also, how old is your pcpc 500 watt psu? Have you tried a different power supply?

Last edited:
The hardware is not the problem, the case is. He's using this tiny poop of a case: Apevia X-Pack.
topsml.jpg

It only has a grand total of 1x 120mm fan for exhaust which he has covered by a Corsair H50. Temperatures inside the case will be even worse if he installed the H50 as Corsair recommends (drawing air inside). So yeah no shit you're going to have temperature problems with a small case like that. if getting a bigger better ventilated case is not an option then you will have to run a more aggressive fan profile on the video card to compensate.

LOL not using case got a antec 900 andd edited my sig. Even when i put the fan in manual at 60% and the temp doesn't rise it locks up.

LOL not using case got a antec 900 andd edited my sig. Even when i put the fan in manual at 60% and the temp doesn't rise it locks up.

If that is the case then I believe it could be a power issue, please answer the questions that I posted before.

pcpc supply is less than a year old no on the power slide and no on other power supply. trying +20 slide now

WELL USING THE +20 POWER SLIDER TO +20 ENABLES ME TO RUN FURMARK. shouldn't I be able to run furmark at stock settings?

WELL USING THE +20 POWER SLIDER TO +20 ENABLES ME TO RUN FURMARK. shouldn't I be able to run furmark at stock settings?

Perhaps your unit is not efficient enough to run that card and setup during furmark and the voltage limiter technology (power tune) is causing some kind of instability in the app. It's funny how when you force the card to use max board power it works. It could be possible that you need a power supply with a little more amperage on the +12v rails to run furmark with powertune at 0. It'd be interesting to see how much power is being pulled using a kill-o-watt on your setup while running furmark. If over 425watts then it's over the 85% bronze certification of your unit and performance beyond that point only gets worse.

Perhaps your unit is not efficient enough to run that card and setup during furmark and the voltage limiter technology (power tune) is causing some kind of instability in the app. It's funny how when you force the card to use max board power it works. It could be possible that you need a power supply with a little more amperage on the +12v rails to run furmark with powertune at 0. It'd be interesting to see how much power is being pulled using a kill-o-watt on your setup while running furmark. If over 425watts then it's over the 85% bronze certification of your unit and performance beyond that point only gets worse.

Umm,
that is not how power supply efficiency works. His power supply can supply up to 500 Watts into the computer, but at 85% efficiency at full load he will be drawing close to 590 Watts from the wall.

have my computer plug into an apc as well as my monitor at idal I draw 152 watts during furmark I draw 350 ish

Back