The Flogge vs Dannifood4less duel

Okay, there's karma for ya - Danni just showed up on the bottom slot of my threat list! Sure, he's just blue right now, but Damn! Now I gotta go get more D!!!

Well don't let a random challenge from a jackass with a laptop get you in trouble with SWMBO. Yes, those 480 point WUs are from the 8800m GTS in my Gateway laptop. I noticed that your production ramped up a bit the last few days since I made the challenge. You are now only about 13-14k behind me and you will close that gap pretty soon if I don't find a nice comfy PCIe slot for my 9600 GSO.

My brother is in a similar situation right now. He has his second child due in January and his wife is planning on quitting her work as a school teacher when he/she is born. I hear fatherhood is a trip and a half. Cheers.

btw tell her not to quit.. unless she lives in a crappy country or state.. most teacher unions give you up to a year before even having to return to part time teaching in the US.. and in canada they cant even fire you for having a kid for up to 2 years.. :p no sense in quitting a teaching job.. even if it pays crappy.. but tell her to atleast take advantage of the maturnity leave pay before she decides to completely quit..

edit... btw your going to lose horribly dannifood4less.. :p

Well, I'm back from the holiday. It looks like someone was donating a boxen or two to the cause. That wasnot my boxen making the point spike, but thanks very much to whoever did that. I still haven't made it over to the gf's house but I plan to on Friday with GPU in hand. her parents and mine are neighbors, I live 2 hours from there and she lives 4 hours from there so she makes it to my place far more often thatn the other way around. Yes, I do believe I'm going to get beat on this one. Danni has made one helluva ramp and It just hasn't worked out for me to get anything extra going myself. If UPS had been one day faster that GSO would have been running for 3 weeks now, but no biggie. There is a chance I could convince my brother to run his 8800GT 24/7 and pull it out, but it would be close. Even with the points donations danni has been pulling away from me really quickly.

thanks for the advice sirmonkey. I'm sure she knows all about it. she has talked about something like that before but I wasn't paying much attention.

Somebody is really pouring the coals to it under my name. It must be the alleged unknown folder lol. It has to be several uniproc or smp clients from the points per WU numbers. it's hard to tell because I'm getting at least 3 WUs per update. it shows 9 different processors. I know of 6 possible processors from among my own borgs and boxens.

Hey Dannifood4less a mutual friend by the name of 2xgtx260-9800gtx-9800gt-9800gx2-c2q3.4linsmp-c2q3.0linsmp might stop by for a visit if thats ok. He heard that you could use a little cheering up cause your neighbor flogge keeps trying to move in on your territory.

Haha sweet deal.

I think this isnt even a race between these two anymore, but more the people that are propelling them forward. Good group effort! :)

As long as we don't become the Hatfelts and Mccoys :p

I think its great.
Im sure more people will flock to flogge's side
Maybe the first to 500k is a bit too low though? 750k maybe?

what the hells going on? lol my points went in the shitter today, my smp stopped sometime while i was at work, only @ 5K today, looks like flogge is gonna hit 500k in 2 days at this rate. .. ohh well, i know i woulda won in a clean race. >_>

what the hells going on? lol my points went in the shitter today, my smp stopped sometime while i was at work, only @ 5K today, looks like flogge is gonna hit 500k in 2 days at this rate. .. ohh well, i know i woulda won in a clean race. >_>

Don't give up yet, help is on the way. Or atleast that is what a little birdy told me. :D

but see, NOW it feels like charity points.... it was just good hunting when i got sli's points.. neither flogge or i have control of our own race anymore. so the point of winning is m00t.

but see, NOW it feels like charity points.... it was just good hunting when i got sli's points.. neither flogge or i have control of our own race anymore. so the point of winning is m00t.

Well in that case, PPD be gone! I shall let you lose with dignity then. :eek:
Sorry may have turned in a few WU in your name. :(

edit: checked the logs, none got turned in.

Should i stop mine?

i won your points for Dec. fair and square. :D

Well in that case, PPD be gone! I shall let you lose with dignity then. :eek:
Sorry may have turned in a few WU in your name. :(

im not upset, its just dissapointing that our little race isnt our race anymore. i dont concider it loosing with 5+ donated GPU's being the deciding factor in the victory.
-- but since the game is stepped up to that level, i dont see any harm,,, now in more 'D' on my end. ;)

i won your points for Dec. fair and square. :D

im not upset, its just dissapointing that our little race isnt our race anymore. i dont concider it loosing with 5+ donated GPU's being the deciding factor in the victory.
-- but since the game is stepped up to that level, i dont see any harm,,, now in more 'D' on my end. ;)

lol yeah you got sl1982's points.. we were just helping flogge catch up to you.. then im dropping off.. had to give him a little chance.. he was already 19k points behind and making 3k less PPD then you..

only fair to make this race a challange on your part dannifood4less

Lol, this little low-end(comparatively) duel kind of became a free-for-all chimp challenge. Interesting turn of events. I think MrBoomy's and sirmonkey's contributions in the last few days have surpassed what I put up since my first post. In any case I think I will have caught up to Danni by morning. Thanks for the help guys.

yup once you have cought up to him ill go back to folding for agrfan.. only folded for you for about 17 hours yesterday and about 6 hours today..

oh yeah flogge, kyle asked everyone to no longer keep posting their stats tags on every post.. if you read the top sticky it will explain it.. just do it once per thread..

I felt bad for poor Flogge. You were already beating him viciously then you got additional help from that thing with sl1982. Flogge didn't even have a chance to get that because he was away for the holidays. I agree with sirmonkey that I will stop once he's caught up.

Races are supposed to be for fun, that's it. There's no reason to get all sour grapes over outside factors that neither one of you has any control over, especially after going into sl1982's thread and asking for points (after the race started I might add). If you stay in the F@H game long enough, you'll probably get points that aren't yours. It happens.

A while back I was in a race with digital_exhaust and in the middle of it his PPD went from 5,000 to 20,000 (something like that) and would have flew by me like I was standing still if it kept going long enough. Neither one of us knew who was doing it, though we discussed a likely theory privately. :p

Cliffs:
-Its all good fun, nothing personal.

well i know i am the winner dispite who gets to 500k first, they said as soon as he caught up they would quit, yet they continue to fold for him....
the entire premise of the race is moot now... and i did have fun untill all this intervention..
and asking for Sl1982's points is kosher IMO, since HE posted the thread saying he was giving them away.. i was just lucky enough to see the thread, and reply accordingly.

Can we take a chill pill (or even a warm tamale) and enjoy the fun challenge ? :D In the end, everyone always win on the way toward a cure.

well i know i am the winner dispite who gets to 500k first, they said as soon as he caught up they would quit, yet they continue to fold for him....
the entire premise of the race is moot now... and i did have fun untill all this intervention..
and asking for Sl1982's points is kosher IMO, since HE posted the thread saying he was giving them away.. i was just lucky enough to see the thread, and reply accordingly.

nope i quit.. im folding for agrfan again.. i quit folding for flogge as of an hour ago when i woke up :p

I quit as well, it's not my fault the servers update slow. My power went out last night so I FOR SURE quit. 2 of my 3 (laptop has battery) of my computers were off.

Back