The first game you have ever played

Arcade = Pong
Console = Combat on a Atari2600.. It is the game that shipped with it back then..
PC = Cat & Mouse on a Commodore.. Stupid game really.. Your mouse was a small white box that was continually chased a larger white box whitch was supposedly the cat...
I remember copying the game from a magazine.. Typed it in, in basic.. Could you imagine trying that with todays games???

First game I played was Super Mario Brothers on the NES when I was like 4 as well, or at least the first game I remember.

First game = Super Mario Bros. on NES, I was 8
First *real* PC game was either shareware DooM (Knee deep in the dead, ftw!) or Strike Commander from Origin

Great games either way, oh good old boot disks.

First console game I think was Pick AX Pete on the Odessey. Computer game would be Pharohs Tomb.

I'd have to say Atari Pong or Combat! on the Atari 2600.

I think it was moonraider, or moonraker, forgot the actual name. Atari 2600 when I was 6.

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
came with my Creative Soundblaster w/ 1x cdrom combo pack

Good times

Pong or some variation on an old APF TV Fun Unit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APF_TV_Fun

These came out around 76 and I was born in 77. I was maybe 3 or 4? Only vague memories of it really. I remember it more as sitting broken in my uncle's closet. Might not be officially the first one I played but it's the first one I remember.

Champions of Krynn on the C64 for computer games, Astrosmash on the Intellivision for console ;)

The Atari 2600 was my first game system. I don't remember what the first game I played on it was... Would have been in the 1985-1986 time frame. I would have been six or seven.

the actual first pc game i played was King's Quest from SIerra games on an old 386 machine back in the 80's i wanna say

Maybe "Astro Wars"? It was made a year before I was born....
grandstand-astrowarsdg-thumb.jpg

I also remember the first time I played Super Mario Bros, on a friends offical NES monitor (couldn't find a picture on google.... dammit!) Also remember the first time I played Super Mario World - man these memories are awesome...

Also another fridn of mine had a 250(or somethin)-in-1 NES cart, with all the really REALLY old NES games... that thing rocked!

first computer game was the warcraft 1 demo... I was playing on a 386...

wolfenstein 3d... other early FPS games... I really don't remember it much.

The first game I played was Pong. I played it on a contraption my grandfather built specifically to play that game. This would have been around '77 so I would have been five. He built it a few years before I played it, but I wasn't able to get my grubby hands on it until then. ;)

Same, though I think I had the stor bought version. Odyssey?

First game I ever played was the Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt combo for the NES (i think)

First game I ever owned was Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (which I got with my Game gear for xmas, boy i was so excited, 6 batteries to last that thing for 2 hours, then I got an A.C. adapter)

oh and i also got Tailspin that day for the gamegear...

First Computer game ever. I was 7 years old.
My father had a huge HP 40lb laptop. He programmed checkers for the both us of. Black and green 5" by 4" screen.. lol
He had to purchase more memory cards just to run the damn app.. I still remember installing the memory cards. My first foray into hardware upgrades.

Atari 400.. I had 20 or so games..

My first real game that changed everything for me was Kings Quest 1 released for the
IBM PC Jr. In fact I still have this PC stored at my mothers home in the garage. Crappy part is that I lost the boot disk!! RRRrrrrr.

wow i dont even remember!

well i guess the first real PC game i played was wolfenstein 3D....hell yeah :cool:

The earliest game I remember playing was Asteroids, probably around 3 years old. Earliest computer game was Zork, that was around 5.

The first video game I played in my house would have been some Pong-type game on my Odyssey.

We got an Atari VCS after that and Combat! would have been the game.

My first game was either Pac-Man or Pong for the 2600. My parents wouldn't get me a 2600 (I was only 5-6), but my neighbors had one.
The first games I ever owned were SMB/Zelda for the NES...Christmas of '86.

Frogger on the 2600. I was 4 I think. I got a NES for my 5th birthday and that's where it really started. Be interesting to see how many of us got into IT because of gaming.

The first game I ever played was The Manhole when I was five, on a 2x86 IBM compatible system my grandfather bought for my family. It was a leet machine back then, I think it cost around $5000.

My first console game was Super Mario Bros./Duckhunt on the NES.

Hrm, first games I remember playing were...poker, and this cat and mouse kinda game. Both on the Vic20.

I think I was something around...4/5-ish.

Mine was some computer game where you played a farmer and you had to run around hitting gophers to keep them from eating your carrots.

hard to remember, the furthest i can remember is donky kong country super nintendo.

Dude, that gun....if you went outside with that now you'd be arrested immediately! :D

Really? How so? I don't have it anymore as the the house I lived in as a child burned down, but still why would a toy gun get someone arrested?

Back