The Facebook Fired

HardOCP News

[H] News
I just knew there had to be a site like this out there. Thanks to Edward Cabarles for the link.

As social media (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.) becomes more and more popular, it intersects more and more with professional lives and careers. We are now even seeing cases of online activity leading to a termination of employment. I’m calling these people the “Facebook Fired.” This blog will attempt to record all instances of Facebook and other social media impacting real world careers. Hopefully this blog will serve as a warning to be careful about what private data you choose to make public.

Surprising, considering there was a federal precedent set where companies were made to give those positions back to people because it's protected speech under a national labor law even in cases where those terminated were not part of a union.

Too bad they can't do an article on all of the people NOT hired for new jobs because most employers now check that stuff before offering people jobs.

Not to be critical, but most of these idiots got what they deserved.

yep great thing about the internet is you see all the stupid people easily they post for the world to know. So instead of hiring a person just to see they were a jackass at the end of the probationary period you just look on facebook and save your company alot of money.

Won't have this issue ever.

I speak my mind, and I don't hide from my statements.

But these people are making some just stupid statements.

You're a Royal Guard talking shit about the new princess?

Derp, seriously.

Surprising, considering there was a federal precedent set where companies were made to give those positions back to people because it's protected speech under a national labor law even in cases where those terminated were not part of a union.

Company just uses a different excuse.

Back