"The Edison" Corsair 5000D Airflow Build

izzypizzy

Gawd
I've always loved this section of the forum, and am very happy to be contributing today.

This is my first PC build since 2014, and my last was just a rehash of a much older PC where I re-used the case and hard drives. So this is quite exciting as it's my first ground-up build in a VERY long time, and it's also the first time that I've really taken my time with the cable management and aimed for a very specific aesthetic.

I am calling this build "The Edison". I've always loathed lighting in cases, the neon pulsing colors and light effects that look like they are straight out of Tokyo Drift totally turn me off. But RGB has come a long way, and only just this year while researching my new build did I discover to what lengths you can customize RGB, and then the idea hit me for my build.

This computer matches the aesthetics of my home, I have edison bulbs pretty much everywhere, I am such a fan of this type of lighting, it's like dining in a hipster restaurant that serves cocktails over giant clear ice cubes. My desk has such a cozy feel, I can't get over it, I can't stop staring at my computer. I work from home, as a leather worker, and everything happens in my office, behind and to the right of my computer are my worktables where the crafting magic happens, and on the computer I manage my orders, my website, deal with customers, and of course, game. I am in this office a lot, and when I first bought my house and set up my office, I was in a hurry because of moving delays that left me very behind on work. I never had the opportunity to spend time on the aesthetic or flow. This new computer build has given me the inspiration to completely revamp my office and make my time spent in here a little bit more joyful. (I love my work, but a pleasant work environment goes a long way!)

Specs and then pics:

Corsair 5000D Airflow w/ optional wood panels
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk
AMD 7800X3D
AMD 7900XTX Reference w/ Cooler Master Vertical GPU Mount V3
G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 64GB 6000MHZ CL30
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000
EK Nucelus AIO CR360
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB x2
Arctic P12 RGB 120mm x 7

And since these peripherals are new as well:
Dell AW2723DF 27" 1440p 240hz (280hz overclock) IPS x2
Razer Basilisk Pro V3
Razer Mouse Dock Pro

_MG_1214.jpg_MG_1223.jpg_MG_1206.jpg_MG_1224.jpg_MG_1229.jpg_MG_1234.jpg_MG_1238.jpg_MG_1258.jpg_MG_1260.jpg_MG_1262.jpg_MG_1264.jpg_MG_1275.jpg_MG_1277.jpg_MG_1283.jpgIMG_6834.jpg

And just for fun, here is a before pic.
IMG_6689.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_1206.jpg
    _MG_1206.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 0
  • _MG_1229.jpg
    _MG_1229.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice! The first time I seen the Fractal Design's North case I was like damn I want one :D
Now Corsairs' gettin in on the woody option as well, lol

Fix that cable mess under the desk :p lol. Just kidding looks good buddy.
Don't you even! I spent like a solid 90 minutes dealing with the under-desk mess lol! Got a surge protector mounted under there and probably 20 zip ties! The only thing not secured under the desk is the audio cable between speakers, it's very thick and doesn't bend, so I figured I best leave it, I don't mind it:)

Thanks bud!

That's a really nice build, and great specs to boot.

One question:
Do you experience any performance drop by using the vertical gpu scheme?
What gpu riser (brand) are you using?

That's a really nice build, and great specs to boot.

One question:
Do you experience any performance drop by using the vertical gpu scheme?
What gpu riser (brand) are you using?
Thank you!

No performance drop, the Cooler Master V3 is a great mount, it's quite adjustable and allows enough distance from the side panel for adequate airflow. It was hell to get ahold of. I ordered off Amazon, first one that arrived was a vertical GPU mount from another brand whose name escapes me atm. Second time around it was a Cooler Master V2 (PCIE 3.0), and finally on the third try I got the one that I ordered lol. It was sold out everywhere at the time and I was dealing with random third party sellers on Amazon.

No performance drop, the Cooler Master V3 is a great mount, it's quite adjustable and allows enough distance from the side panel for adequate airflow. It was hell to get ahold of.
The vga riser has came a long way then if there is no performance loss.
I am actually tempted to do this kind of build with vga riser but I have fallen in love with Asus AP201 (White version).

Stumbled across this whilst googling for a way to create an edison globe look for my pc. Like you i'm not a fan of all the standard rgb.

Would you mind sharing details on how you achieved the look? I've been trying to get this style glow through rgb colours but it always looks washed out or more red than I would like. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stumbled across this whilst googling for a way to create an edison globe look for my pc. Like you i'm not a fan of all the standard rgb.

Would you mind sharing details on how you achieved the look? I've been trying to get this style glow through rgb colours but it always looks washed out or more red than I would like. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I’m out of town atm but when I am back, I’ll send over the RGB values for you. It probably won’t be an exact match if you’re using different fans than me, but it might get you on the right track.

Back