The Easy Mouse

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Oct 19, 2011.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

While this concept mouse looks like it would be easy on your wrist and forearm, I can't imagine trying to play games or use it for precision stuff.

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

I can see one problem with it now just looking at their "design" phase.

Its only comfortable if your forearm/hand is actually resting on the desk, however what if your have skinnier hands, than the ergonomic designing goes out the windows, and what if you have large hands? you couldn't use the mouse because your hand would be lifting it off the desk.

3. Azhar

Azhar Fixing stupid since 1972

Gun grip stance. Interesting. Being tall though, I'd imagine it "trips" a lot.

I like my Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 keyboard/mouse combo. The mouse is large enough to rest my entire hand on it comfortably.

4. N2OInferno

N2OInferno Limp Gawd

Microsoft made something kinda similar to this a while back. Not sure if they still do. I was working retail at the time and I never saw one sell.

5. alienz

alienz Limp Gawd

Try the evoluent mouse if you think this thing could help your arm fatigue. It really does make a difference.

6. pankkake

pankkake Limp Gawd

It's just a pretty copy of the Evoluent VerticalMouse.
    Which by the way is awesome and has a real middle button (pretty useful for Linux users for instance).

7. Virtualarc7

Virtualarc7 Limp Gawd

it is ugly, i'd get tired of defending the huge lump of plastic on my desk to everyone who sees it

8. nakedhand

nakedhand 2[H]4U

More appropriately this mouse could be called "The Deltoid Killer".

So in order to properly use this mouse you have to lift/push your arm slightly. Not only is it incredibly imprecise, but "clawing" or finger manipulation seems totally out of the question with this grip.

A good mouse needs to be workable by a combination of palming and clawing. It makes no sense to move the entire arm (if you want to avoid injuries in the long term) at all times. The less shoulder activation involved the better. This joint is not designed for micro manipulation, like the fingers (doh!).

The specific rotation of ulna and the radial bone sure is ergonomic. How ever the rotation resulting from normal grip mice, is not a problem. In my opinion they focused on the wrong thing here.

9. Cherub

Cherub n00b

Even if this is better for one's wrist/forearm, it would be hell on the shoulder and simply shift the problem. I can't imagine using this with even a slight rotator cuff or impingement problem.

10. oROEchimaru

oROEchimaru [H]ardness Supreme

didn't this concept win awards a few years back, is this the "for market" version?

the part that would be bad is if it has weight, which is hard on the wrist/shoulder. However having a natural handshake can be helpful.

11. Kromix

Kromix Limp Gawd

a 45 degree angle semy pistol grip that can be clawed and an elbow pad would be a lot better...

12. Jospeh

Jospeh [H]ard|Gawd

so...they designed this mouse from a bunch of oddly shaped dildos?

13. DeathPrincess

DeathPrincess [H]ard as it Gets

From the looks of it...controller > this mouse

It is kind of...phallic...:confused:

14. oROEchimaru

oROEchimaru [H]ardness Supreme

which will confuse the heck out of me since i'm a lefty and use a mouse right handed.

15. BDS23

BDS23 Limp Gawd

That is a win.

16. MrAgmoore

MrAgmoore [H]ard|Gawd

17. TheBuzzer

TheBuzzer HACK THE WORLD!

someone should just make a playdo mouse where you can change the shape to anything you want. Than have a software that allow it to have pressure points as buttons

18. beowulf7

beowulf7 [H]ardForum Junkie

The flaccid penis mouse? :eek: