The dumbest case ever is now on sale. Someone needs to get fired.

My friends dad would love that case. He is into model trains.

ROFL. The price is the bad part. If it was maybe around 150 or less, not that I would consider buying it.

hey look they even give you straight railroad tracks, perfect for the desk to trashcan route

Would be a neat display piece in the living room that could double as the htpc :)

This would be so cool for around the xmas tree, sucks they didn't make curved pieces.

But still its totally awesome that they made it.

I will not be buying one.

But if my grandfather liked computers he would buy one.

Wait who is the target demo?

Maybe this wasn't such a great idea.

Here I was expecting a new Antec LanBoy Air or the successor to the Thermaltake Level 10.

awesome lets build a train pc that can only move 2 ft forward then hit reverse!
love how they only put 1 hole for watercooling.. really lian-li wtf is that gonna do for us?
no pci slots.. talk about a waste of energy and hard earned cash

Cons: There are no cons, my computer is a train now.

/thread

Remove rail road and put rubber wheel on! Then maybe get a RC car motor that can be powered by the PSU

Gotta build a PC with this so I can finally get on track to play my Steam-powered games. I bet it can handle the Source engine games well, even if Half-Life 2 is an on-rails shooter. At another crossing, I can also try the new platformers out there. Switching it over to pull the freight of some turntable music can really prove it's not a one-tracked endeavor. With enough locomotion, I bet this idea can really be engineered. Add some Windows 8 and it'll be as easy as taking the metro! Well, that may derail it, so I'll leave that idea at the station.

correction: the future of computing is here. someone needs a big promotion

What? That case is cool. Heck even if you don't think its 'worth it' remember Lian Li had a snail case a while back.. Train > Snail.

PC enthusiasts are a cheap bunch for real.. My girl wants an Audi A5 - that's like 20k more then a Subaru for looks. Now thats blowin money. This - its small time. You get a cool case and working PC.. And that case looks to be very high quality as well. Lian LI is probably taking a bath on that - they just want to have some fun.

@GuyClinch what you meant to say is:
PC enthusiast are like sheep and fashion. Just the other day my girlfriend wanted an Audi A5 just because it looks nice on the outside and it will match her handbag, when I could get her an Impreza for 20k less, has better performance, light weight, and still 4 doors!

I'd get it and put it in the living room with liquid smoke hooked up to it for when the great nieces and nephews come by. Have Train Simulator running on it for kicks.

If only this has an expansion slot for a tv tuner card and cost about $230 less than it does now. I would consider getting it for an HTPC in the living room.

Possibly even adding a 5.25" slot in the front of the train, where the cow guard attaches to the tray so it slides out when you need to insert a DVD/BD.

The version linked has extra tracks, a motor, and a steam machine. It's a special edition of a special edition product for those that want it.

The variant without the extras is significantly less. It is still expensive, mind you, and it is certainly not for the masses. Nevertheless, even if it doesn't strike a chord with you personally, I like the idea of case manufacturers truly going "out there" and giving us options like this should we want them.

All in all, it is a fun and interesting concept for a niche crowd.

If Lian Li makes a version thats a walking Mad Cat, then they can charge whatever they want and I will still buy it, niche product for a niche price.

The reviews make it.

"A superb invention on the part of Lian Li. I find myself wondering how I ever lived before; I realize now that I was missing out during the years in which I was not a proud owner of this superb enclosure. As a lifelong and avid fan of the show Thomas the Tank Engine, my only complaint is that this train lacks the characteristic markings present on the engines on that show. However, I have found a shop that will make me a body kit! Anyone else interested in one should contact me; furthermore, if you too are interested in cosplaying as Sir Topham Hatt, you should contact me as well!"

"I'm in the process of bartering with a local metalworker to craft me extra track so I'll be able to ride this around my basement while I type words I made up into spreadsheets."

In for 2. Time to see who is truly faster in a real world race, AMD or Nvidia.

Choo choo mothafu****s

Wow, hating on a case that you are not required to buy. If this were a case of the day posted on the front page, would you still shit on it? I mean, is it okay when it's a custom case, but if it's retail then it's no good? I thought it was creative, and pretty cool looking. I'm not saying you have to like it, by all means, do you. But the thread title is a little crazy, IMO.

Wow, hating on a case that you are not required to buy. If this were a case of the day posted on the front page, would you still shit on it? I mean, is it okay when it's a custom case, but if it's retail then it's no good? I thought it was creative, and pretty cool looking. I'm not saying you have to like it, by all means, do you. But the thread title is a little crazy, IMO.

I dunno, I think it's pretty dumb too. If it was hand made by a modder it'd be cool but it's made by Lian Li..

I think it would look nice in a room as a stealth itx media center.

Way over priced for my budget though.

What? That is a dumb as shit comment. Look at my sig ass...does it look like I like cheap fuck plastic? What the Hell man?

To top it off this case IS dumb as shit.

Some people I swear...no sense...

You seem to be taking the existence of this case quite hard... It's fine to not like it, but why do you not like it to the point that it makes you angry? It's a neat idea... it's certainly creative. For people that are into trains, or just appreciate computers stuffed into things that don't look like computers... it's cool.

What exactly is the problem?

Back