The Duke is 5 Euros on Steam

probably belongs in the hot deals sections.

do the deals stack with like a 50% off coupon i have one ? for 2.50 i would bite.

Got it free on Amazon with promo code. It says it's for Mac, but it activated on Steam. Won't play it unless I run out of other games to play. ;)

Gearbox is taking note right now -- even if they manage to screw up the upcoming Aliens game, people will still buy it in droves just based on the source material. One gaming website called DNF a "review-proof" game. Boy is it ever true :D.

One gaming website called DNF a "review-proof" game. Boy is it ever true :D.

I think a lot of people who bought it without reading any reviews got exactly what they wanted. Also, I used the $5 off coupon and paid $0 for it on Amazon, which is about what it's worth.

Gearbox is taking note right now -- even if they manage to screw up the upcoming Aliens game, people will still buy it in droves just based on the source material. One gaming website called DNF a "review-proof" game. Boy is it ever true :D.

I knew long before it came out (based on previews, videos and the demo) I was never gonna pay full price for it, if you did, it was out of your own ignorance. They gave plenty of warning. When I finally picked it up as part of games pack (so I consider it basically free as I wanted the other games in the pack :p), I thought the reviews were a bit harsh. It's not a great game by any means, but the reviews got on this little bandwagon to destroy it far worse than it deserved. I actually felt the pacing and gunplay was ok.

EDIT: In fact I remember IGN doing a whole fucking long winded video about the toy car section which made it sound like they'd been in the car for ages and it was confusing where you had to go etc etc... when in reality the entire toy car section was only a few minutes and I didn't feel it was drawn out at all. I can understand if you didn't like it, different strokes for different folks and all, yet they decided to make a whole fucking video about that one section. It was like when people were reviewing it they had to give it as much shit as possible to stay in the "cool kids" group or something.

Last edited:
I knew long before it came out (based on previews, videos and the demo) I was never gonna pay full price for it, if you did, it was out of your own ignorance. They gave plenty of warning. When I finally picked it up as part of games pack (so I consider it basically free as I wanted the other games in the pack :p), I thought the reviews were a bit harsh. It's not a great game by any means, but the reviews got on this little bandwagon to destroy it far worse than it deserved. I actually felt the pacing and gunplay was ok.

I felt this exact same way. I got it for $5 on a Steam sale, and I thought it was okay. As someone that played the previous games, it was fun to hear the one-liners again. Some of the vehicle sections sucked, but they were pretty short and so it wasn't that bad. Also, there is an option that allows you to carry four guns instead of two. If I could only carry two guns it would have sucked a bit harder.

Got it free on Amazon with promo code. It says it's for Mac, but it activated on Steam. Won't play it unless I run out of other games to play. ;)

I'm in the same boat. Had an extra promo code, and already got GTA IV, Dead Space 2 for free, Bulletstorm for 1.99, etc. The code was about to expire, and DNF was 5 (free), so I got it. Not sure if I'll play it, but it was free.

Thanks for the heads up, got my copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual, Australians are forced to pay extra, its $12.50 here. I got mine for $6 when it was on sale on Amazon.

Not even worth $5 in my opinion, 3D Realms should pay me for the time I will never get back spent playing this atrocity.

I felt this exact same way. I got it for $5 on a Steam sale, and I thought it was okay. As someone that played the previous games, it was fun to hear the one-liners again. Some of the vehicle sections sucked, but they were pretty short and so it wasn't that bad. Also, there is an option that allows you to carry four guns instead of two. If I could only carry two guns it would have sucked a bit harder.

Ditto.................i liked the game.....T&A....too.

Came here to make the joke that'd accept their $5 for having to clutter up my steam list with this crap game, but I see I'm late to that party.

Yeah i know people like to trash DNF cause it's the cool thing to do (like with the Kardashians), but the fact is that this game is not that bad. The metacritic score of 54 is completely unfair.

It might not have been the most innovative shooter of all time, but boss battles were good, girl models were hot, level design was creative, and it was relatively bug free (software bugs that is).

I'd say it's at least a 7/10 which is what far worse titles have gotten.

Came here to make the joke that'd accept their $5 for having to clutter up my steam list with this crap game, but I see I'm late to that party.

Yeah, approximately 6 months late.

After playing demo I just can't see coughing up 5 bux for crappy game

There should be a Steam achievement for buying Duke @ $5.00. (it would be a bigger incentive than playing the game)

BTW, deal ends today.

It may be worth $5 but it's not worth my time. I played a couple hours of it. I want my two hours back.

It might not have been the most innovative shooter of all time, but boss battles were good, girl models were hot, level design was creative, and it was relatively bug free (software bugs that is).

I'd say it's at least a 7/10 which is what far worse titles have gotten.

qft

I've paid 65 euros for the balls of steel edition and i don't regret it one bit :)

Can't wait to try "the doctor who cloned me" DLC, but first i have to finish the game for a second time on the "damn i'm good" setting, I just finished the duke burger level last night so it won't be long i guess :)

Too much prejudice against a game that admittedly isn't great but certainly not as bad as many seem to make it out to be.

This was one of the better €5 purchases i have made from steam and the game is mildly entertaining and mindless fun compared to some other turds i have bought, some of them even for full price.

Too much prejudice against a game that admittedly isn't great but certainly not as bad as many seem to make it out to be.

This was one of the better €5 purchases i have made from steam and the game is mildly entertaining and mindless fun compared to some other turds i have bought, some of them even for full price.

If you say so. I wouldn't play it for free after the demo.

Back