The Division - officially announced for PC!

Just an FYI, the AK 74 is a nice Blueprint, as is the Vector. Neither require Div Tech to craft, have noticeably stable Stability (by comparison) and do good damage.

Mod the the Vector out with Horizontal Stability, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Extended Mag and Headshot damage. Mod the AK with Stability, Accuracy, Weapon Damage, Ext. Mag / ROF and Headshot damage. They are both in my inventory and I use them regularly.

Of course, all that may change next week. ;)

I've stopped using my Vector (got bored with it) and switched to a Super 90 just to try something new...I love it. Bought the Super 90 blueprint from the BoO. I mainly use my M1A now until they're close enough for the shotty. I don't really notice a big difference in killing speed between it and the Vector. Vector was 165k dps and the Super 90 is 85k dps (55k per shot). My first time using it in the DZ I destroyed 2 rogues with it in a 2v1 situation, probably what made me fall in love with it.

why are those Daily Missions always the same?...it's been Russian Consulate for the past few days...or does it work like the Challenge Modes where only 4 missions are available as Daily/Challenge missions?

I've stopped using my Vector (got bored with it) and switched to a Super 90 just to try something new...I love it. Bought the Super 90 blueprint from the BoO. I mainly use my M1A now until they're close enough for the shotty. I don't really notice a big difference in killing speed between it and the Vector. Vector was 165k dps and the Super 90 is 85k dps (55k per shot). My first time using it in the DZ I destroyed 2 rogues with it in a 2v1 situation, probably what made me fall in love with it.

i picked up a HE Tactical M870 the other night and i've been using it just to fuck around, for a change of pace. it's not particularly great but still fun to use. haven't tried it PvP yet just strictly PvE so far.

The shotguns are cool with the one is none talent, as long as you have reasonable aim at the head you can keep firing without reloading. Still they are damn slow when it comes to melting armor. The SMG with crits just seem to work much better up close.

I definitely have to start playing the DZ with you guys. I'm getting slaughtered by rogue agents. It's getting ridiculous now. Everyone's rogue. This is starting to remind me of GTA V online. :dead:

I'll have to take a look at that. I finally bought the MP-5 blueprint and got a Deadly / Brutal roll on my second attempt. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Its ROF burns through ammo quickly, but it melts bosses with a scan. I think I like it even more than my Vector! It's not getting your DPS numbers, but it's in the 150's with my current build.

I definitely have to start playing the DZ with you guys. I'm getting slaughtered by rogue agents. It's getting ridiculous now. Everyone's rogue. This is starting to remind me of GTA V online. :dead:

Feel free to join us. We all get Rogued from time to time, but it's happening less and less for me (1.1 will likely change that dramatically).

Tonight 2 of us went up against a full squad who attacked us during an Extract. They lost 2 HE's to us for it. They came back and tried again, failed again, and then avoided us for the rest of the night. There were a couple of other pairs that tried their luck while we were extracting later, they didn't fair any better. But then we ran into 2 guys that seemed to have an endless supply of medkits and a never ending Survivor Link. 3 of us chased them for about 30 minutes and we could only take down one at a time. They killed one of us about as frequenlty. Don't know what they had for gear, but they were tanky and DPS'd. Probably glitching, but it's hard to tell. All in all a good night. I hit DZ lvl 69, but I'm still pushing for 75 before the patch (if not higher).

When going to the vendors I sometimes find items that, according to the menu, show an increase in some of my stats but then after buying it it shows different stats in my inventory. Happens with weapons as well and this after removing all mods from said equipment. Am I the only one exp this? LVL 30 and Rank 37

eh, never trust the stats. They are kind of based on bonuses from your primary weapon and gear. If you switch weapon the numbers change. Instead look at the actual stats(armor, firearms, stamina, electronics) and compare them to what you have.

For gear I made a cheatsheet for purples level 30s:

Optimal range 16-18%
Headshot Damage 16.5-18%
Critical Hit Chance 6-6.5%
Accuracy 15-18.5%
Stability 26-30%
Horizontal Stability 37-43.5%
Magazine Size 75-85.5%
Critical Hit Damage 26-31%
Rate of Fire 20.4-23.5%
Weapon Damage 9.5-11%

Basically to determine if a piece is good you want at least one stat in the upper range. Below, turn it into materials. Don't waste time, anal-izing it, it won't make the numbers go up. HE will have much better.
There are other stats like reload speed, threat anything, initial bullet stability, which IMO is a waste of attributes so I just junk them.

eh, never trust the stats. They are kind of based on bonuses from your primary weapon and gear. If you switch weapon the numbers change. Instead look at the actual stats(armor, firearms, stamina, electronics) and compare them to what you have.

For gear I made a cheatsheet for purples level 30s:

Optimal range 16-18%
Headshot Damage 16.5-18%
Critical Hit Chance 6-6.5%
Accuracy 15-18.5%
Stability 26-30%
Horizontal Stability 37-43.5%
Magazine Size 75-85.5%
Critical Hit Damage 26-31%
Rate of Fire 20.4-23.5%
Weapon Damage 9.5-11%

Basically to determine if a piece is good you want at least one stat in the upper range. Below, turn it into materials. Don't waste time, anal-izing it, it won't make the numbers go up. HE will have much better.
There are other stats like reload speed, threat anything, initial bullet stability, which IMO is a waste of attributes so I just junk them.

I have had instances where for example it (the item in the shop) would show an increase in DPS but a decrease in firearm. How does that work or am I reading it wrong and missing something?

I understand that some weapons the DPS is important like SMG since the spew out bullets and then there’s guns like the sniper/marksman rifle and shotgun that you should look at the damage of per bullet because there rate of fire is low.
I just don’t know how to compare items from the vendor with that of my equipment when after buying said item and equipping it the stats (DPS, Health etc.) goes down and not up as was the case when comparing it.

Accurate stats and comparisons have been discussed a lot in the subreddit for sure. Frrak we had a pretty efficient run on the daily's save for that one time no one could revive me heh. I think I got some loot but didn't check any before logging out and immediately going to bed.

Remember everyone, convert your materials on Monday before the patch changes that whole structure.

(And for those on controllers, when you upgrade your materials, you can hold down "A" and then hit "B" when the prompt on the screen comes up.)

Accurate stats and comparisons have been discussed a lot in the subreddit for sure. Frrak we had a pretty efficient run on the daily's save for that one time no one could revive me heh. I think I got some loot but didn't check any before logging out and immediately going to bed.

Remember everyone, convert your materials on Monday before the patch changes that whole structure.

(And for those on controllers, when you upgrade your materials, you can hold down "A" and then hit "B" when the prompt on the screen comes up.)

Thanks, ill see if i cant find the answer there.

When going to the vendors I sometimes find items that, according to the menu, show an increase in some of my stats but then after buying it it shows different stats in my inventory. Happens with weapons as well and this after removing all mods from said equipment. Am I the only one exp this? LVL 30 and Rank 37

That's the inventory DPS bug. You have to log out and then log back in to fix it.

those appear to be some pretty decent bonuses. I think I would have to go with striker.... or nomad :)

no, pretty sure it is armor. Which armor is a bit of a cluster right now. there are too many possible bonuses making crafting something useful a potshot. If you get say 3 things right you can fix one thing, but I have found it to be hard to get 3 things right.

Yea, those hunting boots to purchase were increasing my DPS...but it was really what my Marksmen Rifle DPS was at...and the item above it was my SMG, which was the lower DPS.

I'm beginning to wonder how much more time I'll really end up spending on this game, I'm starting to wonder if it's ultimately for me. The entire concept of the DZ caters to assholes. I'm a team player type of person, I like to help people. Unfortunately, it's a play style which always gives DZ assholes the first strike opportunity. And if you get killed as a solo player in the DZ by the time you respawn the person who killed you's rogue timer is done and they've disappeared with no risk of retaliation.

That and the way everyone has exploited every mission in order to farm so many phoenix credits and crafting materials that half of the people in the DZ are walking god rolls.

I'm beginning to think I'd rather go play a game where player skill is the primary deciding factor, and battle lines are clearly drawn. The emphasis on gear and the gear grind has it's merits, but it creates a playing field that is no where near level most of the time.

Yeah but team up with a group of 4 in the DZ and you can have a good time. A group of 4 of us were just running around the DZ tonight and we smoked 2 rogues, they tried running away but never had a chance. Granted, it was 4 vs 2, but I never seem to have a shot vs other players. So that got that blood pumping knowing we killed those fools.

I say stick with it after the patch. Massive says guaranteed HE drops after any named boss kill. Team up with some of us, do some challenge missions. A few of us here did Russian Consulate yesterday and I want to say it was fairly easy even on Challenge mode. Keep trying to level up, get better gear, that's what makes it fun for me. I just bought that Pakhan today and that thing is a beast. Try different weapons, different builds, not everyone has to run with Vector and M1A.

I think the patch is going to change a lot of things, particularly in the DZ. Personally I think we're going to see an increase in Rogues with all the High Ends flying around. Survivability may become even more important, so start looking at your gear. Where it makes sense, try to roll useless stats into Armor. By that I mean, go to your calibration tables, keep crit chance and crit damage, Pulse bonuses and weapon damage (SMG damage, etc), but junk stats like "heal on kill", trade out for "Armor" because it will increase your damage mitigation. You can do this via mod slots as well. Obviously Stamina will help this too.

Just for an example for those who may have never dug into this stuff, my generic build is roughly 2200 Firearms, 2400 Stamina and 1700 Tech. This has served me well so far. Ignore the numbers if they are over or under yours, just pay attention to the percentages in relation to one another. I have 4900-ish armor (see this stat by panning down in the "Character" tab), by rerolling "Major Abilities" on my chest piece, kneepads, etc. It has buffed my tankiness nicely.

Anyway, my thought for the day. Hope it helps somebody.

Last edited:
When it comes to the DZ your health and armor should come first. Try and get your max 65% mitigation through armor. Buff your stamina. Then buff your firearms. It's suuuper important to have good survivability.

I can see me wearing 4 pieces of Striker's Battlegear, and 2 pieces of Sentry's Call. Stuff should get wrecked nicely with that combo of talents.

I don't think you get the bonus without the entire set....

for the heal on kill/critical damage... that shit keeps me alive :)

If anyone needs more and fast Phoenix credits, hit me up if you see me online and we can do Lexington Event Center on challenge. I think I've got that one down pretty fast, knowing how to door glitch skip that basement section altogether. Another note if you haven''t done it yet, when you get to the rooftop, book it hard left over where the hostage is. So much easier to take them out from over there, then trying to take them on right outside of the elevator. I was in an awesome group yesterday where we must have done 5 runs in 20 minutes.

I don't think you get the bonus without the entire set....

for the heal on kill/critical damage... that shit keeps me alive :)

4 pieces of Battle Gear will get me all its bonuses + the talent. 2 pieces of Sentry will get me its 100% Headshot Damage. Two gets you the minimum, three pieces grant 2 bonuses and 4 pieces bestow the full monty. Since we can wear 6 pieces of gear, you could even do 3 & 3. I like the way they did it, seems like it will allow for some decent versatility.

Also "heal on kill" is nice, but not as effective as having additional Armor. You have to get the kill to recieve the bonus, which makes it an occasional asset. Where as armor mitigates all incoming damage, like a fulltime passive, so you get more use out of it. You can also stand up under more fire, allowing you to increase your kill rate.

Overall it just serves you better imo.

Was in a team of 4 last night hunting the rogues. Turned into my fave type of game now. Play normal then when some asshole starts killing the lower ranked players go after him or them. Other players always tell us where they went or tag along. The rogues eventually quit.

Yeah I too like playing as a DZ Warden. We need more people like that.

I agree, I love those situations. My favorite DZ experience so far is still seeing a guy go Rogue on a solo player trying to extract. He got the drop on him but couldn't kill him before I showed up. The Rogue put up a decent fight, but I out geared him (wish that was always the case). Killed the Rogue and ran over to revive the solo player right before his death timer ran out. The guy was speechless, it was awesome. These are the days I love the DZ.

Then there are days like last night, when you're having a decent run looting mobs and ranking up, and then you run into the same group of Rogues over and over again, even after relogging. No matter what you do, you just can't seem to get a leg up on them. Everything seems to go against you. You can't keep line of fire on them, your incendiary rounds won't load, your group keeps getting split up and isn't communicating (including me because I'm so focused on not dying), your medkit button seems to think you're joking and refuses to acknowledge your frantic spamming of it, the Rogues seem to take endless damage, have endless medkits and never-ending Survivor Link. Right as you're about to finally down one of them after expending 5 magazines on him, another one fire bombs you / sticky bombs you / shotguns you in the face. And then you're there again, watching your XP slip away while a band of asshats do jumping jacks on your dying corpse. Then you realize there is more to life then getting to DZ level 90 before the 1.1 patch. :LOL:

--

Oh, and by the way...

Last edited:
I guess I'm getting old, but when I started pc gaming cheaters were shunned. I'm having a hard time understanding the seemingly widespread acceptance of using exploits to farm credits and crafting materials, in a multi-player game where gear can and does (on a regular basis) give a substantial advantage in pvp combat. I just don't see the honor in it, and I guess I'll never understand the level of acceptance I'm seeing. Hell, I'd call it a level of encouragement, as if it were perfectly acceptable. There are literally thousands of players sitting on maxed crafting materials, and enough credits to buy the moon.

Edit: I guess at least some of the apparent acceptance stems from so many people doing it, that others decided to do it in order to be competitive.

Last edited:
4 pieces of Battle Gear will get me all its bonuses + the talent. 2 pieces of Sentry will get me its 100% Headshot Damage. Two gets you the minimum, three pieces grant 2 bonuses and 4 pieces bestow the full monty. Since we can wear 6 pieces of gear, you could even do 3 & 3. I like the way they did it, seems like it will allow for some decent versatility.

Also "heal on kill" is nice, but not as effective as having additional Armor. You have to get the kill to recieve the bonus, which makes it an occasional asset. Where as armor mitigates all incoming damage, like a fulltime passive, so you get more use out of it. You can also stand up under more fire, allowing you to increase your kill rate.

Overall it just serves you better imo.

Sounds great and all...do they tell you what parts of gear are available for gear sets? Is it not specific to chest/gloves/holster/mask or something specific like that, rather each set are available in all gear pieces?

I guess I'm getting old, but when I started pc gaming cheaters were shunned. I'm having a hard time understanding the seemingly widespread acceptance of using exploits to farm credits and crafting materials, in a multi-player game where gear can and does (on a regular basis) give a substantial advantage in pvp combat. I just don't see the honor in it, and I guess I'll never understand the level of acceptance I'm seeing. Hell, I'd call it a level of encouragement, as if it were perfectly acceptable. There are literally thousands of players sitting on maxed crafting materials, and enough credits to buy the moon.

Edit: I guess at least some of the apparent acceptance stems from so many people doing it, that others decided to do it in order to be competitive.

I'm also an old school gamer, and I began this game feeling much the same way you do. I was drawn to the story, to the idea of being the good guys going back into to pull a city back from being swallowed up by evil. I avoided the DZ until I was level 30 and to this day have never gone Rogue on purpose (well once when I couldn't avoid being attacked). So, by and large I agree with you.

That doesn't mean I didn't farm Bullet King for a day, or Hornet for another day. That I don't make use of the backpack glitch to carry 20% more ammo & health packs. Why have I done this, because I hate wasting time, and I HATE getting Rogued. I've no real interest in PvP in this game, I don't go out wanting to go Rogue and typically only square off against Rogues when I have to or to support my squad. The inexperienced Rogues are not an issue, but they are also not the norm. Most the Rogues I run into are not accidental and not inexperienced. They are also using every advantage at their disposal, all the glitches I've mentioned, a few I'm aware of but have never tried... and likely a few I'm completely ignorant of. Does this make it right or "honorable? No. I won't even pretend I'm standing on the same moral ground you are lamenting. I do it to survive, to not hate the game before it gets fixed to the point these are less of an issue. Also, I would never do it to give myself an unfair advantage on an unwitting player. That may be the only thing separating me from the breed of Rogues I disrespect, but right or wrong, it's enough for me.

Last edited:
Back