The Division - officially announced for PC!

Dude, take a step back and look at how many hours played you have so far... can you really say it's fair to have a legit game experience for multiple hundreds of hours right out of the box for $60, when other games you're lucky to push 40 hours?

I'm not saying it's perfect or anything (far from it) but I'm always amazed when people put that much time into a game and then complain about it.

Dude, take a step back and look at how many hours played you have so far... can you really say it's fair to have a legit game experience for multiple hundreds of hours right out of the box for $60, when other games you're lucky to push 40 hours?

I'm not saying it's perfect or anything (far from it) but I'm always amazed when people put that much time into a game and then complain about it.
I haven't upgraded a single piece of gear over the last 100 gameplay hours. ALL of my gear is crafted, and by the time I reached level 30 & DZ Rank 50, I pretty much had enough mats to craft a full set of proper ilvl 31 gear. I've since spent all of that time farming items (none of which were upgrades), which I then convert into crafting mats to craft other gear (none of which are upgrades) and I still have nothing to show for it.

In other words I got about 30 hours of meaningful gameplay along with around 100 hours of meaningless farming. It was literally a waste of time. My character today is the same as he was 100 hours ago. Completely identical.

The content is fine, by the way. I have no problem farming DZ or Challenge Modes all day as long as there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Farmed 500+ of every yellow crafting mat this weekend, just crafted a few dozen various pieces (mostly weapons) and zero upgrades. It's just not worth it. I could blow through all of my mats and maybe find one upgrade for one slot, if I'm lucky. My gear isn't even that good, it's just impossible to get all the simultaneous rolls you need. It takes maybe 5-10 crafts per slot to get a "very good" piece. After that you need 100+ rolls to replace it.

Without Bullet King, it just shows how ridiculous this grind is. You could farm mats 12 hours per day, 7 days a week, and it would be a waste of time. Division Tech by itself is also a huge problem. And obviously, your hopes of actually finding an upgrade via loot are nil.

And even if you get a PERFECT piece, the amount you gain is a few % extra health or damage. You would have to repeat that process on every slot to gain anything substantial. And now we're into the realm of the impossible -- there just isn't enough time in existance to accomplish that.

Is this their idea of a "loot treadmill"? Because I've seen a lot of those and this is by far the worst way to do it. There's just no reason to keep playing. The carrot on the stick is just miles and miles away. Can't even see the carrot anymore, let alone try to catch it.

The loot system is broken, the crafting system is broken, the stat roll system is broken. The gear curve is basically a few days long, and then *poof* it's gone. Contrast this to a game like Diablo 3, where I played my Witch Doctor for over 1,000 hours and still had gear within reach. Maybe Massive will fix this game over the course of 4 years like Blizzard did?

Why are you even playing a game if you're spending all this energy farming immaterial bullshit? I just don't get it. How is that possibly fun?

But what do you mean by "light at the end of the tunnel?" If you're referring to 100% best in slot gear for everything, would you not be complaining about "where's the better loot?" immediately?

But what do you mean by "light at the end of the tunnel?" If you're referring to 100% best in slot gear for everything, would you not be complaining about "where's the better loot?" immediately?
You have to remember Bullet King is a lot faster than regular farming. It's an exploit. What I did in 3 days would probably take around 2 weeks in Challenge Modes / DZ.
And I'm not even talking about perfect gear, I'm just talking about upgrades. The problem is getting gear that's borderline non-upgradable is VERY easy. Loot variety is small.

Each armor slot has 5 possible talents, and you get to choose which Primary stat you roll. You only need to get "the best" talent out of 5 along with Major stat rolls. You also have the ability to re-roll a stat with Phoenix Credits.

The reliance on crafting needs a heavy nerf, combined with a heavy buff to High-End drop rates. Allowing players to spam crafts until they get near-perfect gear basically ruins the grind, despite how rare some crafting mats are.

Last edited:
[H] The Division:
  • Hardforum - UPlay
  • USMCGrunt - USMCGrunt0307
  • Spidey329 - Kael_29
  • Stryderxx - Stryderxx
  • AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
  • Aeonrevolution - Steam Community :: [TB] æon
  • TheNoid - superNoid
  • budd74
  • Wikidlad - WikidBoo
  • Shandy247
  • KickAssCop
  • ghostwich
  • Frraksurred
  • purebooyah
  • gentoo - Cutsmann

Updated my info in the list. Figured out my old login info. Username is now just purebooyah.

I killed my guy. :(
But I found a much better one.
They all scale to your level.
I only get 2 blues so I guess it is time to level up :)
No need to die, just run a path, snip a charger, run back until the minimap clears and xp is awarded
Collect loot every 5 times or so

Y8DZ0DY.jpg

Bullet King takes 20-25 seconds per kill so he is the fastest. All you have to do is queue for one of the Hard dailies, knock it out, and after it's done everyone will leave and you can go farm Bullet King.

I left my game running all weekend to hold onto my BK lobby lol.

You guys complaining about farming mats have never grinded Diablo 3 out LMAO

Come back and complain about the Division once you have every slot with an ancient item on a D3 character and your only hope for an upgrade is getting another ancient, of the same item, with like 10% higher crit damage.

You guys complaining about farming mats have never grinded Diablo 3 out LMAO

Come back and complain about the Division once you have every slot with an ancient item on a D3 character and your only hope for an upgrade is getting another ancient, of the same item, with like 10% higher crit damage.
Diablo 3's gear wall takes a few hundred hours to hit. And then you have competitive stuff like legendary gems, Paragon, and GR's to keep you going, as well as multiple classes (alts) you can play. I hit Division's gear wall in less than 50 hours, ~20 of those were leveling up, and the upgrade path is much smaller than "10% higher crit damage" per piece. Like I said, I played over 1,000 hours on my WD in RoS.

If this game had D3's loot system I would be ecstatic.

Challenge Modes don't have rankings. DZ Rank caps at 99. It's like they intentionally crippled any type of competitive gameplay.

[H] The Division:
  • Hardforum - UPlay
  • Spidey329 - Kael_29
  • Stryderxx - Stryderxx
  • AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
  • TheNoid - superNoid
  • budd74
  • Wikidlad - WikidBoo
  • Shandy247
  • KickAssCop
  • ghostwich
  • Frraksurred
  • purebooyah
  • gentoo - Cutsmann
  • Kvothe - TheKurgan57
Count me in too, I'm pretty far behind (kid takes up all my damn gaming time), but I figure I'll catch up eventually. :D

Diablo 3's gear wall takes a few hundred hours to hit. And then you have competitive stuff like legendary gems, Paragon, and GR's to keep you going, as well as multiple classes (alts) you can play. I hit Division's gear wall in less than 50 hours, ~20 of those were leveling up, and the upgrade path is much smaller than "10% higher crit damage" per piece. Like I said, I played over 1,000 hours on my WD in RoS.

If this game had D3's loot system I would be ecstatic.

Challenge Modes don't have rankings. DZ Rank caps at 99. It's like they intentionally crippled any type of competitive gameplay.

Diablo 3 had been out for what, 2 years by the time RoS came out? Division has been out for 2 weeks. I'm sure things will change and we'll have more content eventually.

[H] The Division:
  • Hardforum - UPlay
  • Spidey329 - Kael_29
  • Stryderxx - Stryderxx
  • AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
  • TheNoid - superNoid
  • budd74
  • Wikidlad - WikidBoo
  • Shandy247
  • KickAssCop
  • ghostwich
  • Frraksurred
  • purebooyah
  • gentoo - Cutsmann
  • Kvothe - TheKurgan57
  • jmaker
Count me in too, I'm pretty far behind (kid takes up all my damn gaming time), but I figure I'll catch up eventually. :D

Add me also.

I haven't had this much fun with a game since the original Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament. I am lvl 30 and still wandering the streets and doing missions. DZ scares me to be honest. Anyone still on the fence, do it. This game is a blast!

I haven't had this much fun with a game since the original Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament. I am lvl 30 and still wandering the streets and doing missions. DZ scares me to be honest. Anyone still on the fence, do it. This game is a blast!

100% agree with you on this. Just hit 30 last night and I loved the story line so far and the higher level areas are littered with LMB punks.. or as I call it 5.11 wannabe commandos.

100% agree with you on this. Just hit 30 last night and I loved the story line so far and the higher level areas are littered with LMB punks.. or as I call it 5.11 wannabe commandos.

30 last night too. Excited to step into the DZ and get more gear. Also, the future content laid out over the coming months looks delicious.

[H] The Division:
  • Hardforum - UPlay
  • Spidey329 - Kael_29
  • Stryderxx - Stryderxx
  • AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
  • TheNoid - superNoid
  • budd74
  • Wikidlad - WikidBoo
  • Shandy247
  • KickAssCop
  • ghostwich
  • Frraksurred
  • purebooyah - pure_booyah
  • gentoo - Cutsmann
  • Kvothe - TheKurgan57
  • jmaker - jmaker
  • Smutacus - TomcatTech

Added my name to the "official" list

Last edited:
RIP Bulletking.

I did farming him for the first time last night. I killed him for about 10 minutes and just couldn't see myself continuing. It was mind-numbingly boring so I quit.

If they changed it so the PvE bosses respawned maybe once or twice a day, I could see myself running to each one though. I enjoy the environment and the game mechanics enough to forgive the repetitiveness until something new is released.

[H] The Division:
  • Hardforum - UPlay
  • Spidey329 - Kael_29
  • Stryderxx - Stryderxx
  • AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
  • TheNoid - superNoid
  • budd74
  • Wikidlad - WikidBoo
  • Shandy247
  • KickAssCop
  • ghostwich
  • Frraksurred
  • purebooyah - pure_booyah
  • gentoo - Cutsmann
  • Kvothe - TheKurgan57
  • jmaker - jmaker
  • Smutacus - TomcatTech

Added my name to the "official" list

Looks like my name along with a few others has been removed from this list, WTH???

I haven't upgraded a single piece of gear over the last 100 gameplay hours. ALL of my gear is crafted, and by the time I reached level 30 & DZ Rank 50, I pretty much had enough mats to craft a full set of proper ilvl 31 gear. I've since spent all of that time farming items (none of which were upgrades), which I then convert into crafting mats to craft other gear (none of which are upgrades) and I still have nothing to show for it.

In other words I got about 30 hours of meaningful gameplay along with around 100 hours of meaningless farming. It was literally a waste of time. My character today is the same as he was 100 hours ago. Completely identical.

The content is fine, by the way. I have no problem farming DZ or Challenge Modes all day as long as there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I think you should take some time off and reevaluate. Division will continue to receive content updates throughout the year but for now you've essentially beat the game. 30 hours is more than enough to have made it worth purchasing. It was never meant to be competitive in a skillful sense as the only form of leaderboard they have is essentially a list of who has the most play time. Pretty sure the dev team wasn't expecting people to play this game like an MMO which was bad marketting in my opinion whoever first called it an MMOFPS. This game is basically Diablo + Destiny, an RNG shootem and lootem until the next content update. No one ever really attains the perfect gear in these games because the roles are completely random

Last edited:
Downloading patch, 2.12 GB. It asks to install or gives an offline option, so.... for those not finished farming....

I know it's not 1 or 2. I remember walking around those northern zones and came across that. I think I'm DZ32 right now and barely stepped foot in 4 thru 6. Those lower 3 are still fun to walk around in.

Also don't forget the subway. As soon as you enter the SW checkpoint there's a subway entrance. Head down there for a good close quarters fight with decent loot.

I know it's not 1 or 2. I remember walking around those northern zones and came across that. I think I'm DZ32 right now and barely stepped foot in 4 thru 6. Those lower 3 are still fun to walk around in.

Also don't forget the subway. As soon as you enter the SW checkpoint there's a subway entrance. Head down there for a good close quarters fight with decent loot.

yeah it must be a higher DZ because i've spent enough time bombing around DZ01-DZ03 and i've never seen that street. looks awesome, i'm going to explore the upper DZ's this week (i'm DZ level 30 at the moment)

Uplay Rewards items that I've unlocked that are supposed to show up at the Rewards Vendor still aren't there. Anyone else have that issue?

Uplay Rewards items that I've unlocked that are supposed to show up at the Rewards Vendor still aren't there. Anyone else have that issue?
What rewards are you looking for in particular? It took me a while to realize there were multiple "tabs" I could switch between to see the other rewards.

What rewards are you looking for in particular? It took me a while to realize there were multiple "tabs" I could switch between to see the other rewards.

Rainbow Six outfit for example. I've used all the tabs unless I'm really daft. (Might be ;) )

This is your own fault for mindless farming. You have no one to blame but yourself. Go outside or play another game or something.

the fact that it was originally posted on the official Division twitter account makes it even better :D

Back