The Division - officially announced for PC!

Anyone need a key? I have 2 extra's...First 2 peeps to private msg me - I'll message back with a key.

both gone - thanks all.

Last edited:
I love that appearance (clothing) is separate from armor...makes customizing your appearance just a fun little thing to do versus having to worry about defense

I really wish I could play. I cannot figure out what is causing the game to cause my PC to start stuttering after a minute or two in game. There is really no reason for it, and it's the only game that does this. It's almost like my CPU is being overloaded or something, but a 4.5ghz 2600k should still be plenty.

Anyone else have this problem?

My bash or whatever you want to call it is on my M4 button.

pretty sure it is also tab

I don't remember any 'bash' setting in the keyboard mapping section...I need to look again when I get back in the game...I remapped Tab to show the Map (I always remap a bunch of keys in any PC game as I like to use the arrow keys for movement and re-arrange a lot of keys to be close to them)...what was the default Tab function?

I don't remember any 'bash' setting in the keyboard mapping section...I need to look again when I get back in the game...I remapped Tab to show the Map (I always remap a bunch of keys in any PC game as I like to use the arrow keys for movement and re-arrange a lot of keys to be close to them)...what was the default Tab function?
I use to play like that back in 2000 when I first started playing CS.

There's got to be a Melee action button. It's R3 on the PS4

In the beta, bash fights between players is awesome. I remember this dude and I having a duel and we both ran out of clips and just rolled into each other bashing each other... Lmfao good stuff

I just looked through the entire keyboard mapping list and there's no setting at all for melee or bash

No idea why mouse 4 is doing it on my PC but this was the only thing I found in the various junk I've seen so far. There's also no holster weapon command in the key bind list and it sure seems like there should be from running around NPC interactions. Probably several missing bind options so far.

p8x9Ay2.jpg

Dunno, tab activates my scope and I don't remember remapping it.

thanks...this helped me figure it out...for some strange reason it's bound to the 'Zoom In' key...doesn't even list melee as a secondary function

I recently enabled Parkour Mode in the Settings which automatically vaults or climbs obstacles for you...makes it easier then always having to manually press the key...Auto-hiding the HUD is nice but if your health is less then 100% then the Health Bar constantly stays on the screen...I wish it would go away completely at all times but I get the reasoning behind it

running same cpu with no issues...latest vid card drivers? the usual suspects..try disabling any anti virus/spyware detector...hell close anything you don't need during play =P

I'll add this again;

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/these-are-the-division-closed-betas-known-issues/1100-6434181/

maybe disable vsync?

I really wish I could play. I cannot figure out what is causing the game to cause my PC to start stuttering after a minute or two in game. There is really no reason for it, and it's the only game that does this. It's almost like my CPU is being overloaded or something, but a 4.5ghz 2600k should still be plenty.

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
could someone explain something to me...which of the 2 weapons I'm comparing in that image is the better one?...the equipped one is showing a DPS of 2367 at Level 4 with DMG of 280...while the other is DPS 1509 Level 8 with DMG of 1299...so what exactly is DPS?...so is DMG the most important factor?...is a Level 8 weapon better then a Level 4 one?

why do they show the DPS in front of all the weapons and not DMG?...they make it seem like the higher DPS weapon is the better one

qqoju7yh.png

your comparing a single shot sniper rifle to a assault rifle. your 1 bullet does HELLA damage while the assault rifle does less per bullet obviously

could someone explain something to me...which of the 2 weapons I'm comparing in that image is the better one?...the equipped one is showing a DPS of 2367 at Level 4 with DMG of 280...while the other is DPS 1509 Level 8 with DMG of 1299...so what exactly is DPS?...so is DMG the most important factor?...is a Level 8 weapon better then a Level 4 one?

why do they show the DPS in front of all the weapons and not DMG?...they make it seem like the higher DPS weapon is the better one

qqoju7yh.png

semi auto vs fully automatic fire. DPS - Damage Per Second. Whole lot of dmg in one shot vs smaller dmg in multiple quicker shots.

Well, it depends. If you are up close and personal....your higher damage will take longer to get more shots off. Your Higher DPS has a higher rate of fire, hence the higher DPS.

If you are at a distance, use the higher DMG. If you are closer, use the Higher DPS.

If you are grouped and not the main target, use the Higher DMG...so on and so forth.

Situation based, keep both on you.

DPS is damage per second, or basically damage over time.

If you took out varying factors like, ammo capacity (unlimited ammo), and missing a target (every bullet hits) over time a higher DPS weapon would be better every time to one that has a lower DPS.

But you have to take into account a weapons other stats, rate of fire, how often you have to reload and and your own personal accuracy as well as the weapons recoil, and even the weapons damage range drop off. As well as rate of fire.

You also need to consider the bonus that is on the weapon, if you look at that M1A, it has +90% headshot damage, so you are actually going to hit for almost 2500 damage when you hit them in the head. You also have to consider the ammo a weapon takes, you only get 100 bullets for sniper/marksmen rifles which means you will run out of ammo relatively fast with a DMR so you can use the M1A to take out a few people at range, and then swap to the assault rifle as enemies close in to spread your ammo usage around.

I just grinded out that Hospital story mission on Hard...man that was annoying...every enemy takes an insane amount of damage plus they flank and charge you while throwing grenades every few seconds...that's one of the early level missions too, I can only imagine how annoyingly difficult the higher level 'Hard' missions will be

matchmaking is pretty nice in this game...I like the way they separate it for Missions, Dark Zone and Free Roam...I'm glad they released the beta so close to release as it gave me a chance to get used to the mechanics, gameplay, map, customization and overall feel of the game

Last edited:
How easy is it to squad up? Also does it have in built voice chat? Sorry didn't read full thread.

It does have built in voice chat...although I haven't tried it yet...it is in the settings. I can hear other peeps in area chat..so not if there's a way to toggle so only your group can hear..would think so.

How easy is it to squad up? Also does it have in built voice chat? Sorry didn't read full thread.

as easy as selecting your friends name and clicking join squad.

in game voice chat broadcasts to your squad, as well as locally around you to everyone.

yeah jumping an and out of groups is super easy...normally I hate games that encourage/force people to play in a squad and penalize/punish solo players but something about this game is drawing me in...the story mode seems fine for solo but for Dark Zone, squad play seems mandatory

I'm doing ok solo so far...the hardest area now is that sports store..that everyone seems to love and hangout there..and kill each other..LoL. I'm almost decked out in full purples now...and almost have enough for the damn yellow rifle....decided to armor up then get it..lol.

It's a good thing I can't shoot inside the dk safe zones..lol..some of those shop keepers are just asking to be shot in the face...so obnoxious..ala - "Hey Stupid!, Over Here!!"

Game is pretty fun, may end up picking this one up, granted the final release has no hiccups. Got myself the best assault rifle in the beta, but I have to grind real quick to level 8 to use it :D.

Overrall good experience I had with the beta. ONE HUGE problem that is prominent in the Dark Zone. That is baiting people to become rogues. It's so easy to shoot a person once or twice and get away with it and many times the person will be jumpy and retaliate with no trigger discipline and earn themselves a rogue status. Which gives the baiter the advantage to go ahead and freely attack and kill the rogue, with the aid of other goodwilled Divisioners. Once your baited rogue is dead, you just go ahead and loot 'em.

had some fun tonight with some buds and of course our lady friend squirrel gets us into some rogue troubles. But had this fun and intense 120 sec rogue status evasion come out of all this :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnVUHxMyvo

It's a good thing I can't shoot inside the dk safe zones..lol..some of those shop keepers are just asking to be shot in the face...so obnoxious..ala - "Hey Stupid!, Over Here!!"

I generally find that to be the weakest part of Ubisoft games: some solid writing combined with some of the shittiest nonsense anyone's ever heard. Unity was well done but Far Cry 3 was hilariously bad. Seems like The Division is somewhere in between.

There's one part of the story where the woman who has her face all busted up who can't join you says something like "such and such was doing this before you were even masturbating to something or other." It's an odd attempt at denigrating the player that wasn't warranted, doesn't make the woman any more tolerable or remotely endearing (likely the opposite,) and doesn't serve any attempt other than to pander to what a 13 year old might find funny.

Outside of the vendors, the game seems pretty well done in regards to voice acting and writing. Some dark humor would certainly suit the game's world quite a lot more than some of the garbage that I've heard so far.

Hey PolonyC2 - I think I just saw you in game with that wicked green gun...LoL...I'm on as Xerack07.

This is where I'm at gear wise right now.
Eqf1Rqz.jpg

I'm surprised there is no giant armor stat on here. Armor mitigates damage, this should be a huge stat to in pvp no?

Last edited:
Just seen a 123 post thread on steam people canceling pre orders already...

Reading the steam thread I think you're exaggerating a bit. I'm keeping an eye on it, but so far its not blowing my mind. Looks like another generic console shooter with grindy RPG elements to mask shallowness. So you're a hardened manly american man sent to whipe out gangs from the streets in a dystopian future . Typically miltia oathkeeper wet dream. No offensive just not compelling to me. Yeah I know its Tom clancy.

Update – 1/31/16 – 10:00AM PST: Over the last few days, we’ve seen an incredible amount of excitement for the game, leading to many of you registering on the waitlist for a chance to join The Division Closed Beta. We’ve been working very hard to let as many players as possible join while still maintaining a smooth experience for everyone.

Earlier today, we announced that we are now inviting as many players as possible from the waitlist, in addition to those who had guaranteed pre-order access. We’ve started sending invites with priority given to those who signed up first.

In order to allow everyone who has access to fully enjoy the Beta, we’re happy to announce we’re extending the duration by 24 hours for all players. As a result, servers will remain open until Tuesday, February 2, 12PM CET | 6AM EST | 3AM PST.

Back