The Division 2

you guys know a reliable way to get better LMGs? They rarely pop up.

Also, how in the hell do you get enough sskill power to actually use mods outside of the weapon ones? I don't get it. I really liked the div 1 way of stuff. I seriously DO NOT understand div 2s setup for this stuff at all.

No reliable way I know. In Division 1 we used to joke about it being "*insert gun or gear piece here* hour", because you'd pick up 3 or 4 of the same thing in a row often times. Division 2 seems to be the same way. If I loot a shotgun, I'm sure to loot 2 more right after. Once an LMG drops for you, run to your nearest Control Points and see if you can loot a couple more and keep the best one. (y)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
No reliable way I know. In Division 1 we used to joke about it being "*insert gun or gear piece here* hour", because you'd pick up 3 or 4 of the same thing in a row often times. Division 2 seems to be the same way. If I loot a shotgun, I'm sure to loot 2 more right after. Once an LMG drops for you, run to your nearest Control Points and see if you can loot a couple more and keep the best one. (y)

Swear all i get is shot guns and shitty s ipers

I just sell all the skill mods, they seem pretty much useless when compared to the cost to equip and the benefits gained.

I just sell all the skill mods, they seem pretty much useless when compared to the cost to equip and the benefits gained.

This is why I started a 2nd Character to level to 23 (maybe 26? Don't remember). This way I can craft Blue mods with low enough requirements to use on my Main. You can get up to 6 charges for your Chem Launcher this way, plus shortened cooldowns to reduce its cooldown to 10 seconds. Priceless in those "oh sh*t" moments. They said they will be more balancing on those eventually, but not planned for the next couple patches anyway.

EDIT: More on this:

This come from a REDDIT post Massive made today, which you can read here. (Haven't figured out how to insert Reddit posts yet)

Last edited:
like this
This come from a REDDIT post Massive made today, which you can read here. (Haven't figured out how to insert Reddit posts yet)

Maybe this is what you're talking about?

Just copy and past the post directly or use the hyperlink option when posting here.

Maybe this is what you're talking about?

Just copy and past the post directly or use the hyperlink option when posting here.

Yeah I had that link in my post. What I'm talking about is a function on this forum that allows you to post a Reddit post the same way we do an image or video. I've seen people do it, I just cannot seem to find the code.

I finally made it to WT2 last night. Its nice that the game throws so much loot at you but at the same time it can be overwhelming trying to sort through it when you finish something. The whole recalibration thing is still confusing to me so I have way too much junk saved that I probably just need to scrap. I hope they make some adjustments to that system in the future to make it less cumbersome.

I finally made it to WT2 last night. Its nice that the game throws so much loot at you but at the same time it can be overwhelming trying to sort through it when you finish something. The whole recalibration thing is still confusing to me so I have way too much junk saved that I probably just need to scrap. I hope they make some adjustments to that system in the future to make it less cumbersome.
One of the worst parts of this game is managing inventory. I find it quite frustrating.

Yea I find myself having to deconstruct 450 level weapons or lower......it quite annoying. I currently at GS 474.

I'm by no means comfortable managing all this loot but this is what I try to do.

At the end of a mission/bounty, I'll go through all the !'s and religiously mark things as junk or favorite. I'm pretty good about just junking stuff that I don't immediately need that's an upgrade for my current build or have one specifically really good talen/attribute that i'm looking for. 90% of the stuff I get is junk, especially now that everything is dropping at 500.

The game throws so much at you, planning for some far off build in the future by Vaulting everything that might work for that doesn't work, especially with how little space we have.

You'll have a clearer mind and be less frustrated if you just junked everything you didn't want to use. Believe me, you'll be getting more to replace it in 5 minutes.

Speaking of bounties, I matchmade for a Heroic one the other night.

O baby those guys don't screw around. You absolutely cannot get caught out or you are going down.

Luckily we always had one guy stem his bleeding while we all ran back so we didn't lose the instance and got through it in the end.

Speaking of bounties, I matchmade for a Heroic one the other night.

O baby those guys don't screw around. You absolutely cannot get caught out or you are going down.

Luckily we always had one guy stem his bleeding while we all ran back so we didn't lose the instance and got through it in the end.

I'm at the point I'm almost not even going to bother with Challenging. I was in several games with some high end guys and everyone was commenting about how there is some kind of misbalance that needs to be patched and so forth.

Even in certain situations on Hard it's like I have no armor at all. Two shots from a grunt you're dead. I realize what these games are about since I'm a Div1 vet and now into this but it does seem like the bullet sponge enemies and the player being a pank could stand to be balanced out a little bit more.

I'm at the point I'm almost not even going to bother with Challenging. I was in several games with some high end guys and everyone was commenting about how there is some kind of misbalance that needs to be patched and so forth.

Even in certain situations on Hard it's like I have no armor at all. Two shots from a grunt you're dead. I realize what these games are about since I'm a Div1 vet and now into this but it does seem like the bullet sponge enemies and the player being a pank could stand to be balanced out a little bit more.
Right, I know that massive has said that there are some mechanics that don't work right with armor. I hope they can figure out that because obviously the glass cannon builds rule right now. They really do need to re-think the armor structure because I've wrecked by a sniper when I have had 3/4 armor. It should be that we do a 2 shot HS on purple guys and they can 1 shot us.

Challenge difficulty is tough, but its absolutely doable. If you have a good team (i've only ever done random matchmaking) with some effective CC abilities, you can keep the rushers at bay and work the enemies down.

My build right now its basically a glasscannon Rifle/Marksmen Rifle build so i'm squishy as hell. If i stay in cover i can pop out and chunk down Elites pretty quickly so i feel effective.

All in all, Challenge mode is doable so I wouldn't deprive yourself of those drops.

like this
I tend to think there is something strange happening with scaling. Like the game will scale if a lower level person joins. BUT... then it seems that the multiplier gets stuck in the game. Then the enemies become spongy or will oneshot you. It is just strange. Anyway regardless I like to run challenging, since more enemies = more loot drops. Not heroic, screw that. The only difference on that seems that the enemies use special ammo and you are all the time getting staggered or shocked or whatever.

The only thing i keep for recalibrating is the +% to elites. Everything else gets sold (purple) or deconstructed (yellow) if i get above a certain number of items.

I'm by no means comfortable managing all this loot but this is what I try to do.

At the end of a mission/bounty, I'll go through all the !'s and religiously mark things as junk or favorite. I'm pretty good about just junking stuff that I don't immediately need that's an upgrade for my current build or have one specifically really good talen/attribute that i'm looking for. 90% of the stuff I get is junk, especially now that everything is dropping at 500.

The game throws so much at you, planning for some far off build in the future by Vaulting everything that might work for that doesn't work, especially with how little space we have.

You'll have a clearer mind and be less frustrated if you just junked everything you didn't want to use. Believe me, you'll be getting more to replace it in 5 minutes.
I try to take this approach but its hard when you are trying to up your GS and cant seem to find anything that you like better than what your currently using. I think I just need to be less picky about what I'm using until I get to WT5 and then start trying to optimize things. I would be nice if there was a better way to upgrade things to a higher GS when you find something you like. That's one thing I really like about Destiny when you find a weapon you like you can just keep infusing it to a higher level.

eh, weapons I don't think you can raise. Gear you can raise to its "max" if you change a stat. Changing talents do nothing for it, then that gear piece is locked from ever being more. I think damage to elite stat on masks goes up to 45, add the +15 damage to elites talent and you are set. I would discard anything with less than 30% dmg elites, the numbers are just too high and too valuable.

eh, weapons I don't think you can raise. Gear you can raise to its "max" if you change a stat. Changing talents do nothing for it, then that gear piece is locked from ever being more. I think damage to elite stat on masks goes up to 45, add the +15 damage to elites talent and you are set. I would discard anything with less than 30% dmg elites, the numbers are just too high and too valuable.

Ha, yeah my build currently consists of a lot of DTE and Hard Hitting.

I played the beta and really enjoyed it. I was thinking of getting the full game, but i wasn't sure if this would really hold my attention for more than a week or two. Is there much change in gameplay from the first 10 levels or so or is it more of the same. What are your guys thoughts on this who already have put many hours into it.

The whole recalibration thing is still confusing to me so I have way too much junk saved that I probably just need to scrap. I hope they make some adjustments to that system in the future to make it less cumbersome.

Congrats on WT2! I'll give you my $.02 on recalibrating:

BASICS

• You can only Recalibrate a piece with a similar piece (ie: an LMG with an LMG)
  • You can only Recalibrate an Attribute with a similar Attribute (ie: a Red stat with another Red stat, you cannot change a Blue stat to a Red or Yellow)
  • Changing Talents does not affect Gear Score, increasing Attribute amounts does. This only applies to Gear, not Weapons. Weapons do not seem to be eligible for Gear Score increase (yet).
  • The piece you take the Talent or Attribute from, will be destroyed in the process
  • Once an item is Recalibrated, only that Talent or Attribute can be recalled again in the future, we cannot recal multiple aspects of the same item.
WHAT TO SAVE

• Some Talents only roll on certain Gear pieces, such as Unstoppable Force only rolls on Chest pieces, Clutch only rolls on Gloves, etc. If I find lower GS items with these Talents, I'll toss 2 or 3 of them in my Stash. There are some decent videos on good Talents online.
  • After Talents we look at Attributes, the Red (offense), Blue (defense) and Yellow (skill) perks you find on Gear pieces. The fewer Attributes a gear piece has, the higher those Attributes can roll. Gloves, Mask & Holster can roll with a single Attribute, which is ideal for the strongest build. With that in mind, GS500 items that drop with a good Talent and a single Attribute, I will throw in my Stash also. Those Attributes can be rerolled to suit my needs later.
TIPS ON RECALIBRATING

• By improving the Attributes of a Gear piece, you can increase its GS by a maximum of 15 levels (GS500 -> GS515). There is a guage at the top right of the Recalibration screen that will show you how much a new Attribute will affect it.
  • You can recalibrate an Attribute to any other Attribute of the same color, so if you have a good piece, but its got Pistol Damage or some other perk you don't want, so long as you have a similar piece with a Red Attribute you do like, such as Weapon Damage, CHC, or AR Damage, you can replace it with that.
  • There is a cap to how much you can improve any Attribute, but it will tell you that if you choose one higher than the cap. It will still let you Recalibrate it, but try to find one that is equal or just over the cap so you are not wasting a good piece. For instance, if you have a piece with 30% Damage to Elites, you may not want to use it on a piece that is capped at 5% Damage to Elites.

--

In regards to Challenging and Heroic difficulties, Massive has said that there is a bug with the way the AI sees the Player's hit box, and the result is they are always more aggressive than intended. They are hoping to have a fix for that in the next client side patch. Also, like others have said, there is still a remaining bug with Armor, along with a couple other minor contributors. They acknowledged there is a fix in the works

^^

Wouldn't it be so cool if that exact explanation was in a little "How-To" tab in the Recal station?

Massive... comon!

Yeah the game doesn't really do a good job of explaining crafting and recalibration. I learned way more from reading reddit and here than I did from the actual game.

Yeah the game doesn't really do a good job of explaining crafting and recalibration. I learned way more from reading reddit and here than I did from the actual game.
This statement can applied to literally every aspect of the game from crafting and recal to story and basic UI navigation. I think the only game I've seen that's more obtuse is EVE and thats only likely because I've never played it.

The other issue I find to be bullshit is the way our abilities have these massive cool downs but the enemy techs can spam their drones, turrets etc all day long.

too be semi fair, the AI is really stupid and pretty broken, especially after the last patch. I see them doing just stupid crap from standing there doing nothing to firing in the opposite direction of me. I just down two bosses today because they didn't do anything. One stood in cover on the front of a bus and did nothing. the other sat behind cover and was shooting 90 degrees away from me at a wall....the entire time.

Eh, every game struggles with this. Sequels can often be particularly bad because they assume most their player base already knows. They did make some improvements during the campaign, but overall I agree the game sucks at explaining things. It seems to be popular practice anymore to let the Youtube community act as your Tutorial system.

Eh, every game struggles with this. Sequels can often be particularly bad because they assume most their player base already knows. They did make some improvements during the campaign, but overall I agree the game sucks at explaining things. It seems to be popular practice anymore to let the Youtube community act as your Tutorial system.

At least it's not as bad as destiny 2 in that regard

I finally got around to finishing Tidal Basin and moving up to WT5. I can't say I really enjoyed the mission much.

So now what? Is the grind for gearsets and GS500 even worth it at this point?

like this
This week's Vendor Reset:

TL;DR - Nothing, don't waste your time. Watch the video anyway because he tends to explain what is good on what pieces, and what is not. It is informative, just not in the way you expect.

Wait, what? Oh.... very interesting.

Also, activating the little panel next to all the displays in this Museum drops a key to a secret loot room. You're welcome.

--

I thought I understood the Bounty system. I did not.

Last edited:
like this
its kind of cool that they added clans but the 50 member cap is pretty damn small. compare to other games with a 1k cap.

As for that bounty video, the log out/log in, I think that will likely get patched since it was popularized on youtube :(

its kind of cool that they added clans but the 50 member cap is pretty damn small. compare to other games with a 1k cap.

As for that bounty video, the log out/log in, I think that will likely get patched since it was popularized on youtube :(

No doubt. I've seen Youtubers stack up to 15 Bounties using that exploit. Doubt it will last long.

So far as Clan size goes, I'd like to see it get bumped to 100 at least.

--

Black Tusk on Challenging or higher can be rough, especially with the current "overly aggressive" bug, but saw some good tips on Reddit today:

Last edited:
So I finally got this and am having a lousy time right from the start. I get a Delta-03 connection error every time I am in the middle of the first mission.

Edit: On the eighth or tenth time I was able to play long enough to get through it. What a great first impression.

Last edited:
So I finally got this and am having a lousy time right from the start. I get a Delta-03 connection error every time I am in the middle of the first mission.

Edit: On the eighth or tenth time I was able to play long enough to get through it. What a great first impression.

Indeed that sucks. DX11 or 12? AMD or Nvidia?

DX11 is currently the most stable; Nvidia is supposed to have a Driver update this week. Occasionally quitting the game and restarting will move you to a better Server. Doesn't make up for your crappy first impression, but hopefully it will help future experiences.

Indeed that sucks. DX11 or 12? AMD or Nvidia?

DX11 is currently the most stable; Nvidia is supposed to have a Driver update this week. Occasionally quitting the game and restarting will move you to a better Server. Doesn't make up for your crappy first impression, but hopefully it will help future experiences.
DX12 with a 980TI. I was using DX12 trying to get a little better performance since my card is old. I seem to be getting 50-55 FPS at 2560x1440 with all of the settings turned up.

Back