The Division 2

The world of Division 1 as sold, was VERY appealing to me, but then what I watched of gameplay just didn't do it for me. I can't even remember if I played on a "free Xbox one" game rental via Redbox.

I'm going to watch some gameplay, but should I expect more of the same, better visuals, more refinement overall?

Trying to decide if I want to keep my AMD rewards code with this, DMC5 and RE2 and just unsure.

I hate to break it to you, while the fight mechanics are good in Anthem.....the world is way more empty than D2.....and zero Endgame content.

Well to be honest i bought it for my son. He is having a blast with it. I am only comparing a mission in tried to Anthem to Playing the first two missions of the Division 2 and basing it on my personal fun factor alone.

The world of Division 1 as sold, was VERY appealing to me, but then what I watched of gameplay just didn't do it for me. I can't even remember if I played on a "free Xbox one" game rental via Redbox.

I'm going to watch some gameplay, but should I expect more of the same, better visuals, more refinement overall?

Trying to decide if I want to keep my AMD rewards code with this, DMC5 and RE2 and just unsure.

This all depends on what you like. Do you like RPG's? Are you historically a fan of Tom Clancy games? If no to either of those, than I would not recommend it. If yes, than Division 1 is super cheap right now and has a TON of content; try it first. That would be the least expensive way to test if you're going to like this sequel. It is similar in most ways, with many improvements, and some downgrades here and there.

I hate to break it to you, while the fight mechanics are good in Anthem.....the world is way more empty than D2.....and zero Endgame content.

Well, so was The Division when it launched. The campaign was great and the end game was nearly empty. Anthem is a typical EA launch right now, that said it's a new IP & genre for BioWare. It's just going to need time. If the man enjoys it, just let him enjoy it.

I personally found this game really dull. Lots of running where that is all it is with no enemies. Not a big fan of just running and using cover every single fire fight. That mechanic needs some more flare to make it interesting. I bought anthem for my son and while it has problems I can say the mission I played there was a lot more fun and satisfying that this game.

I dint care for the playstyle of either but the divisions running feom mission to mission with noithing in between is no different than anthems flying from mission to mission with nothing in between

I dint care for the playstyle of either but the divisions running feom mission to mission with noithing in between is no different than anthems flying from mission to mission with nothing in between

Completely disagree for multiple reasons.

First - You can easily link up and replay missions however you want.

Second - While running around the city there are plenty of random events, capture the flag type of hotzones, the dark zones for PVP, open PVP in the normal city, etc.

There is *far* much more to do in this game compared to Anthem.

Completely disagree for multiple reasons.

First - You can easily link up and replay missions however you want.

Second - While running around the city there are plenty of random events, capture the flag type of hotzones, the dark zones for PVP, open PVP in the normal city, etc.

There is *far* much more to do in this game compared to Anthem.

the person I quoted stated how much they hated running from mission to mission in division 2 and I was pointing out anthem is the same except you fly. division 2 does have a ton more to do/explore/discover when you are in route to a mission waypoint. Anthem is fly to x on the map, kill waves of adds, fly to next x with no distractions in between.

I dontlike the 3rd person combat of either, but the beta of the division 2 has far more content than the release of Anthem thats for sure. If I HAD to buy one or the other it would be division 2

Well, so was The Division when it launched. The campaign was great and the end game was nearly empty. Anthem is a typical EA launch right now, that said it's a new IP & genre for BioWare. It's just going to need time. If the man enjoys it, just let him enjoy it.

Anthem isn't going to exist soon, they are banning people left and right at the moment.

There are a TON of people that don't like Anthem, I get that, totally understandable.

What I don't understand is those people feeling the need to try and convince us that like the game to NOT like the game. Same thing happened with Fallout 76.

It's like they're upset we like the game and they don't. Very strange.

Two complaints:

I've played the private Beta, Technical Test and now the open Beta-and all I'm doing is repeating the same missions as what was in the Private beta, but it does appear that there is some more missions in the open beta (played for about 2-3 hours Friday)

Other issue is more or less direct control over the physical attributes of my character-but for some reason I remember the first one being like that.

I got the game for "free" with my R590 purchase in December for my old PC-so I'm happy with it so far and looking forward to the full release, but not playing the start of the game over again for the fourth time.

There are a TON of people that don't like Anthem, I get that, totally understandable.

What I don't understand is those people feeling the need to try and convince us that like the game to NOT like the game. Same thing happened with Fallout 76.

It's like they're upset we like the game and they don't. Very strange.

We're free to give our informed opinions just like you. And willing to call you out on being flat out wrong. Look back I defended the shit out of Anthem.....after 2 weeks of play that changed....that changed big time. I can get over the bugs and shit, that wasn't my problem. My problem was the out right lies on content and end game.period. May is the earliest they are going to introduce new content, I'll revisit then but it doesn't exist right now.

We're free to give our informed opinions just like you. And willing to call you out on being flat out wrong. Look back I defended the shit out of Anthem.....after 2 weeks of play that changed....that changed big time. I can get over the bugs and shit, that wasn't my problem. My problem was the out right lies on content and end game.period. May is the earliest they are going to introduce new content, I'll revisit then but it doesn't exist right now.

But he's having fun, so doesn't that make you wrong?

Anthem was always being marketed as a "games as a service title."

You shouldn't be expecting all the content day 1.

As for Division 2.. I'll be putting Anthem on hold while I play dv2.. Then come back when they have had a month to add some new stuff.. Then i'll repeat the same thing when it happens with dv2.

Debating why someone should or shouldn't enjoy a game is pointless. We're all going to have different opinions. Presenting opinion as fact is where things fall apart. EA pushed a game out that wasn't ready, from a Developer that has never made these kind of games, and employed all their usual greedy tactics. This is not news, this has been going on for years; its why we don't preorder and buy on release day 90% of the time. That doesn't mean Anthem will never get fleshed out... also doesn't mean it will. At the end of the day, it's your money, spend it how you want. Live with your own decisions.

Last edited:
Anthem was always being marketed as a "games as a service title."

You shouldn't be expecting all the content day 1.

As for Division 2.. I'll be putting Anthem on hold while I play dv2.. Then come back when they have had a month to add some new stuff.. Then i'll repeat the same thing when it happens with dv2.

I agree....but it has NO end game content till May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A breakdown of yesterday's Stream. Lots of good info here:

EDIT: The full Stream:

Last edited:
upload_2019-3-4_23-28-24.png
I don't mind it, might just pick this one up, granted I'm only playing as a n00b.

Guess thats it for me until the 15th or when ever amd rewards decides to give me a key.....until then!

I'm just curious, for those that ordered the editions that come with collectables, i.e. Phoenix or DZ Edition. Have you received your stuff yet or even an email from Ubisoft?

Marco saving us some time and effort:

TL;DR
Accuracy works well on LMG's, waste of time on anything else.
Stability works well on Rifles, waste of time on anything else.

These stats can also be had through Gear Talents, without the negative attributes added to Weapon Mods.

Last edited:
Launch Trailer:

EDIT: NVIDIA releases D2 drivers version 419.35

Last edited:
Preorder off of U-Play you can get Far Cry Primal, Watch Dogs 2 or Ghost recon Wildlands for free your choice. Not sure if I have the time to play The Division 2 otherwise I would pick it up. I know the game is cheaper off Epic but who wants to support those guys.

Preorder off of U-Play you can get Far Cry Primal, Watch Dogs 2 or Ghost recon Wildlands for free your choice. Not sure if I have the time to play The Division 2 otherwise I would pick it up. I know the game is cheaper off Epic but who wants to support those guys.

Its not cheaper on Epic. Cheapest I've seen is 10%+ on Humble (if subscriber) or on Greenman gaming.

Is it? Nice, ordering off Epic then.

That State of the Game was awesome. They talked about a shitload of end game content. Feel free to watch it, they didn't spoil any story content.

And we still know nothing about raids, exotic weapons, exotic gear, gear sets, WT 5.....etc. This is making me giddy.

I upgraded to the Gold edition. I can't wait until next Friday to play.

That State of the Game was awesome. They talked about a shitload of end game content. Feel free to watch it, they didn't spoil any story content.

And we still know nothing about raids, exotic weapons, exotic gear, gear sets, WT 5.....etc. This is making me giddy.

You mean next Tuesday ;)

Gold gets you 3 day early access, so Teusday the 12th. Plus, if you purchased through Uplay, you get a free game (choose from Far Cry Primal, Watch Dogs 2 or Ghost recon Wildlands)

--

Hard|OCP Clan

As soon as I unlock Clans in-game I will create ours and post it on here. It takes a minimum of 4 members before anything we do starts to count towards Clan Perks. I figured we might as well take advantage of everything we'll be doing during the Campaign so I'll get to it asap. I'm guessing there will be 6-12 of us, but we'll have room for 50 if we want to get that big. We can figure all that out then.

Gold gets you 3 day early access, so Teusday the 12th. Plus, if you purchased through Uplay, you get a free game (choose from Far Cry Primal, Watch Dogs 2 or Ghost recon Wildlands)

Just a note for anyone that hasn't ordered yet; you also get to choose one of those titles if you order from GMG.

Just a note for anyone that hasn't ordered yet; you also get to choose one of those titles if you order from GMG.

Yeah I got mine there, will probably end up picking up wildlands as that seems the least bad of the 3. (I have watchdogs 2 on the ps4 and it's pretty bad imo, the driving is terrible)

--

Hard|OCP Clan

As soon as I unlock Clans in-game I will create ours and post it on here. It takes a minimum of 4 members before anything we do starts to count towards Clan Perks. I figured we might as well take advantage of everything we'll be doing during the Campaign so I'll get to it asap. I'm guessing there will be 6-12 of us, but we'll have room for 50 if we want to get that big. We can figure all that out then.

I’ll join asap. You and I are already linked up on Uplay (my username is AnArrogantMoose).

Does anyone know the actual release time? Typically games release at midnight EST so for me it would be 9pm PST on March 11th.

I’ll join asap. You and I are already linked up on Uplay (my username is AnArrogantMoose).

Does anyone know the actual release time? Typically games release at midnight EST so for me it would be 9pm PST on March 11th.

I'm EST so for me it unlocks at midnight on the 12th. For you I'm not sure if it unlocks at the exact same time or it will unlock midnight local time.

Back