The Day Before

Who's keeping the electricity on? And is the Governor running Woodbury?

I saw this video earlier today. Looks pretty good. But yeah I'd need to see a little bit more to make a judgement. So far it looks aw'ight.

Bump this game is on Epic
but the Steam version you can't buy it just yet.

I got it mixed up with Days Gone my bad maybe if games would come out with more original names.

Haha I wish this game was out already. I hope it's better than DayZ/Infestation/etc., I loved those games for what they were worth but they all left a lot to be desired.

100% spot on with The Division clone thing though, wow.

I'll play it for sure. TD1/2 some of my favorite games, ever. Still play TD1 Survival and some Underground now and then.

EDIT: Was just watching one of the other gameplay YT vids and the guy walks up to a soda machine and bangs his fist on it, exactly like in TD. Wonder if they bought some assets?

The game is transitioning to Unreal Engine 5, and as such has been delayed to March 1, 2023.

https://archive.ph/MFT8K (Source: IGN)
1651767006407.png

It could be but alot of it I never saw before game is still suppose to be out next year even if there is nothing from the Devs.

I wanted to add this to the "what are you looking forward to in 2023" thread, but I have not seen an update in probably a year. As Armenius said the video above has been available for quite awhile. I suspect they will not hit the March 2023 date.

I don't know what kind of work/re-work has to go on moving to a new game engine but it has been crickets since that announcement. I hope they can produce the game, as I am highly interested. It's like Division with zombies.

There are videos out showing that this game while not a scam, is so over promised to basically be a scam.

The Day Before launches on March 1, 2023 enhanced with ray tracing and DLSS 3...

The Day Before | Exclusive 4K RTX ON Gameplay Reveal

Environments looks great. I can’t put my finger on it but something about that gameplay loop looks mediocre to me. I’m still excited for this game, but I’m interested in seeing more gameplay videos.

If anyone is wondering, they own the app they were promoting. The gameplay loop probably feels off because it's not actual gameplay lol.

Environments looks great. I can’t put my finger on it but something about that gameplay loop looks mediocre to me. I’m still excited for this game, but I’m interested in seeing more gameplay videos.

the gameplay and graphics look good but I wish this wasn't an MMO

It literally looks like The Division 2... which I am ok with, if the game play and content are equivalent.

It looks considerably worse than what they first showed us. Reality probably slapped them in the face and made them realize that they need to at least try to deliver what they were promising.

Gameplay looks mediocre because it looks considerably worse than the game it's trying to ape (The Division).

The gunplay in that RTX video looks really bad, especially at 0:36.

8 month delay because of a trademark issue?...has to be more behind it and they just used the trademark issue as a convenient excuse...the developer says that when the game was first announced the trademark was available...and afterwards someone filled out an application to register the name

the lack of any meaningful gameplay footage this close to the original March 1st release date tells me that it was going to get delayed

Yeah they said the removal was a bug yesterday afternoon. Then many hours later, they say it's a trademark claim they learned about 1 week ago.
Doesn't add up.

The non-final action was filed back in November. Why did Fntastic wait an entire year before submitting their trademark application? The individual who currently holds the trademark didn't file the application until 4 months after the game was revealed. I'm sure that as soon as Fntastic provides the additional information that the whole thing would be cleared up quickly. The whole thing is just an excuse to continue stringing people and investors along.

Individual: https://uspto.report/TM/79314174
1674659950024.png

Fntastic: https://uspto.report/TM/97242891
1674660002771.png

The trademark thing is total bullshit. How about just change the name to The Evening After and forget to trademark that too.

Back