The Day Before

Watched a few videos. This looks so bad. Which is too bad as this is a genre of games I enjoy.

I will watch the drama unfold as that looks more interesting then the game.

Watched a few videos. This looks so bad. Which is too bad as this is a genre of games I enjoy.

I will watch the drama unfold as that looks more interesting then the game.
I want something that looks like the original trailers.....only people like rockstar could pull those type of graphics off though.

Screenshot_20231208-080930.png

Can't be that bad this is only the 2nd game I saw with Overwhelming Negative reviews. Plus it has 11k reviews.

seems like a totally different game then what was promised...apparently it also has a ton of bugs and server issues...a total disaster...of course the developer can always lean into the excuse that the game is in Early Access

Didn't see that one coming at all. I am shocked, completely shocked.

Before taking on such a large scope game, maybe they should finish their previous projects ( think they still had a few games in early access) and take on a smaller project. They could have made a 2d zombie game offline or peer to peer co-op zombie game and compete with 7 days or Project Zomboid as an example. Instead of trying to make a game that competes with a AAA game( The Division) in terms of scale and scope.

That assumes they even cared about making games and instead of just trying to cash a quick check.

So many red flags were given - someone posted a video of the devs history too... nope, didn't matter to many.

Let's hope steam is able to shell back all the refunds.

Yap, knew that was going to happen.

A lot of my friends are playing Once Human (Netease developer) The open beta is currently going and its getting rave reviews from a lot of people.

Game will be release on steam as well. But you can download the open beta and play today.

https://www.oncehuman.game/

Devs looked at Gollum and was like we can do better. 🙃

Game no longer available for sale on Steam so at least no more can be waste their money on this...

Yap, knew that was going to happen.

A lot of my friends are playing Once Human (Netease developer) The open beta is currently going and its getting rave reviews from a lot of people.

Game will be release on steam as well. But you can download the open beta and play today.

https://www.oncehuman.game/
What does one have anything to do with the other?

Not suprised at all how this turned out, but I am slightly suprised they closed up shop 4 days after the release of thier game though. I expected them to try stringing people along with all sorts of promises, and then abandoning it in a few months like all their other games.

Not suprised at all how this turned out, but I am slightly suprised they closed up shop 4 days after the release of thier game though. I expected them to try stringing people along with all sorts of promises, and then abandoning it in a few months like all their other games.
It was an early access release. They probably saw the paltry sales, how quickly they were falling off, and the rate of refunds.

Well that was a expensive waste of time for the developers. Who knows how long the game was in development for.

Seems some people think the "developer" lost money, it cost them less than $5k in assets and they relied on free labor to put those assets together.

The scam is them hoping not everyone refunds, 40k copies = roughly $1.2 million in their pocket after Steam takes their cut.

inb4 they launch a kickstarter to finish the game and a bunch of people fund it and spoilers, it's another scam. People are just too stupid

Seems some people think the "developer" lost money, it cost them less than $5k in assets and they relied on free labor to put those assets together.

The scam is them hoping not everyone refunds, 40k copies = roughly $1.2 million in their pocket after Steam takes their cut.
Everyone is going to refund the game doesn't exist.

Clueless Russian startup developer who thought they could sell their game on hype and develop it with volunteers strikes again.
Nope, this developer has a history of doing this, just with a lot less hype previously.

if Steam de-lists a game due to it being incomplete or some fault of the developer, Valve should provide automatic refunds

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-wild-eight-left-for-dead-dozen

The rights to Wild Eight and 8point were bought by the publisher, Hype Train, several years ago.
The names and the game itself aren't associated with Fntastic anymore.

Response from HypeTrain:
https://www.eurogamer.net/the-day-before-publisher-apologises-for-game-as-steam-refunds-open

Could just be lies to cover their ass, I guess.
You're right, they are technically separate, but not really.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDayBefore/comments/18hcmtk/fntastic_mytona_more_lies/

What is it with gamers and killing zombies? Why are they so fascinated with them?

Back