The Coolermaster Gallery

Cathodes off:
HPIM1174.jpg

Cathodes on:
HPIM1181.jpg

some more new pictures.. board one night and started re arranging some more wires and installed the HR-03 plus.

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

then found me a fan laying around that fits the HR-03 and installed it and drop my temp to 45C

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Nice job, thebeephaha. I love that case! Also awesome job on modding that sound card...how did you do it exactly?

Seriously...is it really that hard to remove pictures from a quote if all you're going to ask is a question like "are the fans loud?" :rolleyes:

][V][AGIC;1031704995 said:
Well from one picture i count 9 of them so 25db each equals loud.

Actually its very quiet with all the CM fans on high, like, its quieter than my friends Antec 900.

There's your problem. ;)

Seriously....

But really my 120mm Cooler Master fans are supposedly around 19db at full speed so more likely around 25db in reality but I run them very slowly with my fan controller and I honestly can't hear all 9 of them over my power supply which is now my loudest component next to my 8800 Ultra when its fan kicks in of course.

If I turn all of them up, its still very quiet. The only fans that get remotely "loud" are my Antec VCool and my SilverStone FM121 which is like a friggin wind tunnel.

Now, be easy on me. This was with NO MODDING at all to speak of. Well, I removed the metal mesh off the top of the case successfully in one piece in case I ever want to re-install it. I also broke out that crappy plastic design that resides under the mesh too.

wc3%20002.JPG

ROFL. Funny eh? Works though.

wc3%20004.JPG

Messy, yes.. but I don't have a window and I threw it together really fast so w/e. Maybe I'll re-do the wiring this weekend after I stop by Home Depot for some zipties.

wc3%20008.JPG

Pretty clean looking I suppose.

wc3%20007.JPG

I'm sure you've all seen that.

wc3%20011.JPG

And finally, a pretty cool pic I snapped. I have to apologize for the pictures. I was really lazy and just put the camera on Auto. As you can see, the ISO was pretty high which resulted in some graininess on the blacks but w/e.

Specs of the watercooling are:

D-Tek Fuzion w/a Backplate that came with a Zalman CNPS8000
MCR-220 (Push-Pull) -- 2x yates pulling, 2x lian li fans pushing
AquaXtreme 50z pump
T-line + DD plug
Distilled w/a hint of Pentosin G11 + PT nuke
7/16" Masterkleer
MX-2 Thermal Paste

n39708940_31730773_9062.jpg

n39708940_31730775_9583.jpg

n39708940_31730776_9849.jpg

n39708940_31730777_102.jpg

n39708940_31730778_362.jpg

I found 3 fans located at the top of the case cools better than a fan occupying every fan slot. Do you guys notice a loud whirring sound from fans placed directly on the panel? That is one of the reasons I made the duct out of two gutted fans. I also wanted to cool the northbridge better.

So you're blowing the warmed air from your radiator into your case...?

Yeah but..
  1. It's not really that much warmer.
  2. Cooler air into rad --> cooler CPU temps
  3. I have a side fan, GPU gets tons of cold fresh air so thats no big deal.
  4. Even "warm" air blowing down over the mobo helps with cooling PWM, RAM, etc..
After XMAS I'm going to do a LOT of modding to the case.. so be prepared.

Heres the wiring now, cleaned up a good bit.

wiringgoodness%20002.JPG

I know this is kind of an older case, but ya here goes:
Untitled-1-1.jpg

dsc_6678.jpg

pc2.jpg

hddust.jpg
<-- dont mind the dust. :(
ninja1.jpg

It's just the first generation of cavalier, umm the pictures aren't consistent, two hard drives in one. One HDD in the last couple pics, anyway, I posted chronologically, so the Final computer has the abit board, but upped the HSF to a Ninja Rev.A, and dropped the two hdd setup for a single larger one (and SATA) and swapped the Optical drive for a SATA one. I still have a couple things left to do.. like venture to an 8800 series card eventually, and then get the side panel window replaced, as it is pretty ugly and scratched and drilled up for a 120mm fan i had mounted there before.

I know it's not the best case, but it's my first real case for my computer and I've had it for 4 years or so.

It looks pretty clean good job on the wires. Is that a bungee cord holding your hd?

Yes... the best ghetto mod ever. I just bought a pack of tarp clamping bungee cords, untied them and then created a suspension system out of them. Kills all the hdd vibration noise for like $4.. but now I have a bunch of bungee cords with nothing left to do.

Yes... the best ghetto mod ever. I just bought a pack of tarp clamping bungee cords, untied them and then created a suspension system out of them. Kills all the hdd vibration noise for like $4.. but now I have a bunch of bungee cords with nothing left to do.

Seems like it would work well to reduce noise. Does it hold up well to transport in the case or do you have to remove the drive?

Seems like it would work well to reduce noise. Does it hold up well to transport in the case or do you have to remove the drive?

I have to be much more careful when transporting. I normally just leave the drive in, but put the case horizontal so that drive can't really swing bad and forth wildly, it has worked so far.

"GOLIATH"

This is my fileserver. CM Stacker 830 chassis.. One 320GB and three 500GB hard drives serving up 4 other desktops + HTPCs in the house. The guts are pretty tame but they do the trick.

On the 26 I'll move my computer from the Thermaltake Tsunami into the Cooler Master Stacker 832. This thing is freakin' gigantic! Love it, just hope the side panels don't rattle.

Very nice setup, I have the same/similar case, the only problem has been, how do you nicely tie off/route/hide the cables coming from the fans in the fan door?

I have 4 fans on the door, and no matter how I configure the cables, it's just turns out messy. The fan cables are all connected together with standard 4-pin molex's, and are connected to the fan on the back, which is connected to the PSU.

Any help would be much appreciated.

After almost a month I finally got settled on a board and config for my fall upgrade. About time too, cause the HDD's were driving me nuts, moto tubes HDD suspension FTW!! And I don't remember if it was this or the "rate my cables" thread, but someone used electrical tape on the back of the board plate to keep everything in line. THANK YOU!!! I've always used zip ties and it would take forever, but tape keeps the cables much closer to the board. And there's no "scrunching" like w/ zippies either!

One of these days I really need to paint this thing...

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_0008%20%5b800x600%5d.png

IMG_0010%20%5b800x600%5d.png

IMG_0012%20%5b800x600%5d.png

Im intending on buying an aftermarket CPU cooler, any ideas that would fit on this motherboard, just being a bit cautious of the GigaByte heatsink. Ill be taking it out of the wooden thing soon because im not too sure how much I like the airflow down the side (you can see if pushed it over to the right hand side!)

I wasn't going to drill more holes in the tray so I did the best job a noob could do!

Do you have holes in that cubby? Personally, I'd never let a tight case like that hide in a box...

No, the back and front is open but thats it. Thats why im moving it out in about 2 minutes, im not fond of the airflow, although rivatuner is telling me GPU temps are 55c (old fan) on idle and Everest Ultimate BETA is telling me this: http://www.ohupload.com/files/1198763822.jpg

Where can I get the full edition of non-BETA Everest Ultimate?

Go to lavalys.com, it's $20 bucks. Great program.

That pic has GPU temp listed @ 55C too.

Very nice setup, I have the same/similar case, the only problem has been, how do you nicely tie off/route/hide the cables coming from the fans in the fan door?

I have 4 fans on the door, and no matter how I configure the cables, it's just turns out messy. The fan cables are all connected together with standard 4-pin molex's, and are connected to the fan on the back, which is connected to the PSU.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have the same case with 4 fans in the door. The wiring is really simple to do actually. I use the small channels of plastic around the fans to stuff the wires into. Then i use small cable ties to hold it all together. Just takes some time and patience thats all.

I have a question about the coolermaster cases.

I was looking at them, and i would like the PSU to be in the bottom, and i deffeniantly want a coolermaster, but i have this PSU Coolermaster PSU

and right now, in the top of my case, it vents down, i was wondering if anyone has it, if its hard to get it to fit upsidedown when you put it in the bottom?

I have a question about the coolermaster cases.

I was looking at them, and i would like the PSU to be in the bottom, and i deffeniantly want a coolermaster, but i have this PSU Coolermaster PSU

and right now, in the top of my case, it vents down, i was wondering if anyone has it, if its hard to get it to fit upsidedown when you put it in the bottom?

I know for sure the RC690 case has a fan vent for the PSU so the PSU can be either way. Just make sure your PSU has long enough cables.

Back