The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentok1982 said:
Thanks to greenman100 for opening my eyes! I have added another column to the database, the
Operating Sytem (OS) coulmn can now be found after the BIOS column. I thought this was a good
idea because many people are going to start using Vista soon.

What about stability in other operating systems?

Still no reply from lvlarvin , also code LB089 looks to be a great overclocker.

Dude please understand , I changed the board from P5W64-ws to this EVGA , I have searched hi and lo to find the settings for this board , i have wrote to you and no reply , then wrote on this thread hoping somebodyelse whould show me how its done.

I know I have a very overclockable cpu but I dont know how its done on this board.

I haven't seen many people if any do this with this board , usually they are struggling after 3.5ghz.

Please if anybody else has seen his settings or his screenies please pm me them.(the one he has used to prove his overclock)

My pc shuts down about 3-5 times a day by it self and when you have spent a lot of money on your system and it does this I asure you it will cheese you off.

Also with the overclocks you see a pattern and the settings he has are way off and doesnt help a person make out if this should be what it is. I used this chart to overclock others pc and I see the settings average them out and hey presto , so bad or fake overclocks mess this all up. So please prove this is true and I can try this on my board , also help EVGA with a bit of positive feedback

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

EVGA have not made a lot of boards and the boards they have made are not getting too much of a good feedback if you look here , the guys who have got it right are lucky but there are more guys that haven't got it right. So understand lvlarvin and some screenies of the overclock with Ntune monitor please.

Your overclock on the leader board is green meaning that they exist , please somebody point them out to me.

Thankyou all and have a nice day

Here's my 3300Mhz OC.

User Name: f1ip
Stability: 9hrs Orthos Small FFTs link

CPU name: E6400
OC: 3304Mhz
Stepping: 6 B2
Week: L631
Code: A611
Vcore: 1.392

Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Thermalright Ultra 120 w/ 120mm Scythe S-flex 1600rpm silent fan.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6
Bios Version: F7

RAM brand: OCZ Platinum Rev.2
RAM rated speed: 6400
RAM actual speed: 826
Latency: 5-5-5-12

nooh said:
Still no reply from lvlarvin , also code LB089 looks to be a great overclocker.

Dude please understand , I changed the board from P5W64-ws to this EVGA , I have searched hi and lo to find the settings for this board , i have wrote to you and no reply , then wrote on this thread hoping somebodyelse whould show me how its done.

I know I have a very overclockable cpu but I dont know how its done on this board.

I haven't seen many people if any do this with this board , usually they are struggling after 3.5ghz.

Please if anybody else has seen his settings or his screenies please pm me them.(the one he has used to prove his overclock)

My pc shuts down about 3-5 times a day by it self and when you have spent a lot of money on your system and it does this I asure you it will cheese you off.

Also with the overclocks you see a pattern and the settings he has are way off and doesnt help a person make out if this should be what it is. I used this chart to overclock others pc and I see the settings average them out and hey presto , so bad or fake overclocks mess this all up. So please prove this is true and I can try this on my board , also help EVGA with a bit of positive feedback

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

EVGA have not made a lot of boards and the boards they have made are not getting too much of a good feedback if you look here , the guys who have got it right are lucky but there are more guys that haven't got it right. So understand lvlarvin and some screenies of the overclock with Ntune monitor please.

Your overclock on the leader board is green meaning that they exist , please somebody point them out to me.

Thankyou all and have a nice day

What kind of overclock are you trying to achieve? Are you cooling with water or just air. Youll find that most top off around 3.4- 3.6 on air. And beyond that with water skys the limit....... i have found 3.4 highly stable and cool with very little voltage increase.

Have you taken a look at the Nvidia 680i pdf on overclocking...... it has some very good pointers specifically for this board and bios. I found it much easier then reading an OC guide for other boards other then 680i platform. With very little tweaks i top off with air at 3.7ghz....... but it would be retarded for me not to cool that baby with water.

Heres a link to the PDF of the Guide.

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf

CounTDookU23 said:
What kind of overclock are you trying to achieve? Are you cooling with water or just air. Youll find that most top off around 3.4- 3.6 on air. And beyond that with water skys the limit....... i have found 3.4 highly stable and cool with very little voltage increase.

Have you taken a look at the Nvidia 680i pdf on overclocking...... it has some very good pointers specifically for this board and bios. I found it much easier then reading an OC guide for other boards other then 680i platform. With very little tweaks i top off with air at 2.7ghz....... but it would be retarded for me not to cool that baby with water.

Heres a link to the PDF of the Guide.

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf
I am glad you too are seeing the bigger picture .

How did this guy get in to the leaderboard , also it being green lettering without a screenie. I am so frustrated with this board and then you get a guy who claims he has 4ghz on air stable using the same board where most people with the best air solutions gets to 3.5ghz also using a zalman 9500 , I have a zalman 9500 and its no where near better performance than a scythe infinity , the board proves this so why the change with this overclock , its going against everything acheived by the leader board.

I am sorry to say this but unless the guy cant proove this with a screenie I find it hard to believe , also most of the other people who have submited there details know its part of the rules . This guy is fibbing us and the leaderboard and has no respect for it , he hasnot replied to any threads have asked him this info.

I don't want proof for the leaderboard ( thats mentok's business and I don't want to argue with what goes on the leaderboard and what doesnt , his board his business)but only that I can see potential in my board cos at the moment I cant see the potential.

If this guy can show his ntune monitor and that it is stable at 1.45Vcore ( I doubt that very much) then I can try this with mine cos I need that extra power for getting the max out of my card , I mean thats why I bought the board in the first place , also paid more than my last board., it just doesn't add up right , thats it nothing more and he is bringing false hope to people with the board and the same components he has.

Thanks for the reply and please point me to the screenies of his findings if there is any

centvalny said:
680i board vcore droop .05V. If Nmonitor reports 1.45V then it actually 1.4V.
That just makes the matter worse and proves that its not real the overclock that is submitted.

I am glad you too are seeing the bigger picture .

How did this guy get in to the leader board , also it being green lettering without a screenie. I am so frustrated with this board and then you get a guy who claims he has 4ghz on air stable using the same board where most people with the best air solutions gets to 3.5ghz also using a zalman 9500 , I have a zalman 9500 and its no where near better performance than a scythe infinity , the board proves this so why the change with this overclock , its going against everything acheived by the leader board.

I am sorry to say this but unless the guy cant proove this with a screenie I find it hard to believe , also most of the other people who have submitted there details know its part of the rules . This guy is fibbing us and the leader board and has no respect for it , he hasn't replied to any threads have asked him this info.

I don't want proof for the leaderboard ( thats mentok's business and I don't want to argue with what goes on the leaderboard and what doesnt , his board his business)but only that I can see potential in my board cos at the moment I cant see the potential.

If this guy can show his ntune monitor and that it is stable at 1.45Vcore ( I doubt that very much) then I can try this with mine cos I need that extra power for getting the max out of my card , I mean thats why I bought the board in the first place , also paid more than my last board., it just doesn't add up right , thats it nothing more and he is bringing false hope to people with the board and the same components he has.

Thanks for the reply and please point me to the screenies of his findings if there is any

A few things from your response.

You seem to be locked in on one persons outcome on this board. There is clearly a full chart that shows you what ppl are topping off at on air. You cant give the board a bad review just cause one guy says he hit 4ghz on air...... with very low voltage. As im sure you have read on many OC guides that many things come into play when it comes to how far you can push your OC. Either the chip, the memory or the board itself on top of ........... all kinds of voltages and memory timings used to really push the platform.

With that said, your outcome is not guarantied to be 4ghz or more even if he did post screenies and his settings. Unless he lives in a refrigerator i don't see how one would hit 4ghz on air and run stable at full load for hours and not cook the cpu. But thats just my opinion.

Anyways before jumping from one platform to the next do your research first and not after so you're not disappointed.

Dont take offense to this.......... just my observation.

CounTDookU23 said:
A few things from your response.

You seem to be locked in on one persons outcome on this board. There is clearly a full chart that shows you what ppl are topping off at on air. You cant give the board a bad review just cause one guy says he hit 4ghz on air...... with very low voltage. As im sure you have read on many OC guides that many things come into play when it comes to how far you can push your OC. Either the chip, the memory or the board itself on top of ........... all kinds of voltages and memory timings used to really push the platform.

With that said, your outcome is not guarantied to be 4ghz or more even if he did post screenies and his settings. Unless he lives in a refrigerator i don't see how one would hit 4ghz on air and run stable at full load for hours and not cook the cpu. But thats just my opinion.

Anyways before jumping from one platform to the next do your research first and not after so you're not disappointed.

Dont take offense to this.......... just my observation.

If you see someone running 4 GHz on a e6600 wouldnt your curiosity be piqued?

I honestly think theres something flaky about thta whole 4 GHz scenario but i mean come on. Might as well see how exactly he got to it, right?? It is likely the e6600/680i record. On Air.

nooh said:
That just makes the matter worse and proves that its not real the overclock that is submitted.

Why do you say this ??, is it because you cannot get an E6600 to run/bench @ 4.0GHz ???
:rolleyes:

4.0GHz is certainly not uncommon using the right board/chip/stepping, I have achieved well over 4.0GHz using both the Anus P5W and P5B Dlx boards as have many many others too numerous to mention here :rolleyes:

Thankyou guys for the support.

There is this reason about what I said about the Vcore and the reason for it is this , I have overclocked a lot of c2d and I have noticed that after 3.5ghz the upping the Vcore becomes very silly , You have up more vcore for very little gain whilst before the 3.5ghz the gain considerably higher and worth of upping the Vcore.

For example when you first start to overclock most of the people will get about 400mhz gain without upping anything , this gets lower and lower until you hit about 3.5ghz (on the E6600)

After that things get silly with upping the Vore , you up 0.1 Vcore for about 10mhz , this gets lesser and lesser.

So guys my point is this , also look at all his components and how couls he possibly mange that.

I tried this on a P5W64-ws and I got 93c on load wiith 4 hours orthos , using a Infinity at only 3.78ghz and with 1.47vcore , whilst he gets 40.8ghz with 1.45 Vcore using a Zalman 9500.

I have a Zalaman and I overclocked a pentium d to 4.8ghz and using a scythe infinty I could go another 200mhz more , I know from the chart what component is capable of what .

I want the leaderboard the express real components with real figures. There hasn't been one overclock I have done that I haven presented a screenie , I mean its one of the rules..

Pmed him days ago and still no reply , I want to try this on my board

@countdook23 , when you get your next board and next core 2 duo pm me and I will show you the power of the leaderboard made by mentok and how easy it is to overclock if you know and understand what you need and should look for whilst overclocking.

I have overclocked quite a few boards with settings I give to the opporsite person and all he does is put them in his BIOS setup and then run Orthos , so this said its overclock like these that mess this all up. Also rubs salt in your face when you buy the same board and you know what it can do and what it cant do and this guy shows us the impossible

@alphaone - please know what your talking about before you say something. I have P5W-64-ws , a P5B deluxe wi/fi and a 680i , you dont have to tell me what is possible and what is not.

For your information on air it is very unlikely possible , so please do your research before you start chatting , I respect everyone and what they say , use hard evidence for what I say and the board reflects everything I am saying , if its not on the board until now I doubt it very much that it will be possible all a sudden with a Zalman and if it is then maybe zalman can cash in on a advertising campaign. Not asking for a lot here , only what was asked from me and 99% of the others who have submittied there overclocks.

This board should reflect truth and you don't have to tell me how capable my board is , I know that.

@countdook23 , when you get your next board and next core 2 duo pm me and I will show you the power of the leader board made by mentok and how easy it is to overclock if you know and understand what you need and should look for whilst overclocking.

Is this what its about? You want to be the top dog on air........ Never did i say you it was "Lek omfg impossible" i just pointed out the fact that you focus on one guy on the chart. If your prowess at overclocking is so l33t then how come you cant push it to 4ghz by just looking at all the other 4ghz + entries. A water cooled or air overclock is going to require the same amount of voltage to get it to that point. Again, not every cpu, ram or motherboard will respond to the same settings guarantied.

Do you even care about performance? I mean your other thread from the link you provided speaks for itself ........ Look i understand you're enthusiast but when do you sit back and not fixate on some chart or that some other guy is getting a higher oc then you.

The truth is the options of what that may lead to , another 965 or 975 or 680i , i have them all.

ALso the hassle of redoing everything again , man the amount of times i have done that this year is unbelievable.

No more , I let my frustration out in the review , I think thats as good as it gets.

CounTDookU23 said:
Is this what its about? You want to be the top dog on air........ Never did i say you it was "Lek omfg impossible" i just pointed out the fact that you focus on one guy on the chart. If your prowess at overclocking is so l33t then how come you cant push it to 4ghz by just looking at all the other 4ghz + entries. A water cooled or air overclock is going to require the same amount of voltage to get it to that point. Again, not every cpu, ram or motherboard will respond to the same settings guarantied.

Do you even care about performance? I mean your other thread from the link you provided speaks for itself ........ Look i understand you're enthusiast but when do you sit back and not fixate on some chart or that some other guy is getting a higher oc then you.
This is what I was scared of ,and it was unavoidable.

Look mentok your board and I am greatful towards that , Take my overclock out and just do that if this means I am jealous , honest to god it has nothing to do with that

This is what its about

http://cpcff.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11314

False hope , this is what this is promising me , I knew that there will be one guy at least who is going to say this and for that I have a remedy and that is take my overclock out , I don't want to be in a board where its about winning , I hate that , yes I would like to be a board which HELPS reflect how components behave with other components.

I have been lucky to check in total of 11 Core2Duo boards and I have to say I know what is expected off them , I was lucky to get highest on air , I emphasize the LUCKY cos I had no idea I would et something like that and I also know what it takes to the cpu to get that.

Mentok you have my permission (not that you need it) to take my over clock out but I want this board to reflect the truth and sometimes people like CounTDookU23 thinks thats a crime.I am 32 years old and jealousy to me is childish and a loser thing

This is a waste of time , I asked if anybody could point me to the screenies of this guys overclock , no they cant do that but they know how to cheese somebody off. Many peope have beaten me on water and I have congratulated them so why on water I havent done that cos I know you cant , well not at least with what he has.

Another thing I am glad that this is happening infront of other people on this thread , this way I can express exactly how or you feel about this.

One other thing , countdook there is something I have to say regarding what you wrote and that is about the possibilaty of what air brings and water. You are right that its only voltage difference but your forgetting what voltage brings and that is heat.

When I did mine I saw after 1.5vcore my cpu will throttle , like i have said before I have a zalman and a infinity , also a arctic 7 freezer pro , i have been lucky enough to try them on all and I have to say clean winner is scythe infinity and also the board reflects that. Check for yourself.

My experience is not vast , but I have studied mentok's hard work and I am really proud to even be in that board but if you think its jealousy then please take it out , this is no bluff .

This board is hard dedicated work and I don't want to be in a board where I am competing with people who think lets get in without any hard work and dedication and lets hope nobody see's that I have missed anything.

Also Countdook all you had to do is point me to the proof , I am fair here and I am sorry but you seem to be arguing with very little experience , my experience reflects the board and this goes against the norms and what is expected by the board.

I really cant see why this looks unfair and you are arguing me for something you dont value , which is he truth.

How hard can it be to post one screenshot? Obviously quite hard if there's nothing to show. ;) Otherwise, we probably would have already seen a screenshot.

Cuthalu said:
How hard can it be to post one screenshot? Obviously quite hard if there's nothing to show. ;) Otherwise, we probably would have already seen a screenshot.
Thanks for that mate , and no CountDook he is not jealous . Sorry but just had to clear that up

please help with the situation at hand and dont give remarks like 1000 words , also us being girls makes it actually better , cos boys are actually more bitchy and fight more. Also please learn how to count , no where near a thousand , your 1 line was your attempt of a good post ,I work a little harder for mine , cos this thread is a serious thread , it has dedicated hard work written all over it.

Please respect that.

Here you go lil girls...NOW be Gone!

ocxt6qq7.jpg

c wasnt to hard was it now?

Also ntune monitor please , thats what I wanted to see .
That has all your bus speeds and voltage.

And Sorry if you thought I was digging at you but its all about proving on this thread.

Please Please Please Monitor , the Nvidia one which looks like this

This will give me hope with this board cos up til now things have been really bad , especially the dual net

Grrr...I hate new stuff. I don't know how to read that damn NV panel...CPU-Z + Core Temp FTW!!

@nooh,
Just looking at your NVmonitor I'm running a higher FSB with lower voltages with the exception of FSB voltage. Either your overvolting, or not all boards clock the same & the overclocks are cpu dependent. My vcore set in bios is 1.5v, nvmonitor shows 1.5125v for some reason. My vdroop at load is 1.440v

10 hours v2.jpg

thenemesis said:
@nooh,
Just looking at your NVmonitor I'm running a higher FSB with lower voltages with the exception of FSB voltage. Either your overvolting, or not all boards clock the same & the overclocks are cpu dependent. My vcore set in bios is 1.5v, nvmonitor shows 1.5125v for some reason. My vdroop at load is 1.440v
Thanks nemes , you are a nice man , this is the info I have been looking for.

For the past four months I have been using the 975x and 965 chipsets and all are very similar in overclocking , whilst the Nvida one is a differnt ball game all together. I am flying today and going abroad but thanks for the info .

Also to lVlarvin , I am very sorry for everything but I only wanted this info , so thanks all for that and to IVI arvin congratualtions you have the highest overclock on air and you deserve it , you have shown me how the board works , after I get back I am going to try this , I wish I could try now but I have to get ready for my flight.

Take care all and If I have offended anybody I am very sorry for that , also if you still think I did this because I was jelous and I deserve to pay a penalty then be it so , take all my overclocks on the leaderboard out as penalty .

Bye , also jodiuh that is so true , cant everything just be standard ?

@nooh, if you look back here you'll see I already had this info posted. Also it appears there's a screenshot from marvin quoted on that page too.

LOL , that is so weird , if you look at his post on that page he has taken it off his post and then somebody has quoted him.

Anway its good it all cleared up but it would be nice of him to show his Nvidia monitor , it helps that little more.

DermicOC.jpg

This is my quickie to see how far I can push it without a lot of effort.

User Name: DermicSavage
Stability: Quick and dirty 2 hour Orthos

CPU: E6600
OC: 3501MHz
Week: L630
Code: B016
Vcore: 1.50

Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Scythe Infinity

Motherboard: EVGA Nvidia 680i
Bios Version:
Operating System: XP MCE 32bit

RAM brand: G.Skill
RAM actual speed: 778
Latency: 5-5-5-15

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=143807

Going to run 3.3GHz 24/7, so now it's time to tweak everything out :D

lvlarvin said:
Here you go lil girls...NOW be Gone!

ocxt6qq7.jpg

I'll probably get flame for this, but oh well.... ;) If you guys take a look at the picture carefully, the picture has been edited (I'm not talking about this System Properties...) My brother runs a e6600 w/ the Evga 680i and the Zalman 9700. Load temp for 3.5 oc is ~ 61C for Speedfan. CoreTemp obviously has to be higher....this guy temp is only ~45C :confused: Just posting my thoughts.

Darkatom said:
^^^isnt that a little hot?

Yea it is XD

I just wanted to see how far I could push it and it wanted 1.5v to get that far.

No way in hell am I running that 24/7

Right now Ive got a stable 3.3GHz OC at 1.4v and chillin at around 58C on load ;)
Still a little hot I suppose in the end.

Ah, thats more like it. Do you think its a bad chip? Or is that what usually takes to reach 3.5 on a e6600 ?

DragoonTD said:
I'll probably get flame for this, but oh well.... ;) If you guys take a look at the picture carefully, the picture has been edited (I'm not talking about this System Properties...) My brother runs a e6600 w/ the Evga 680i and the Zalman 9700. Load temp for 3.5 oc is ~ 61C for Speedfan. CoreTemp obviously has to be higher....this guy temp is only ~45C :confused: Just posting my thoughts.
Looks to me the screenshot was taken while Idle therefore temps won't be high. Just my observation.................

Actually, if you look closely at the guys pic, you'll see 1.275 VID in core temp. I've got a bud running a his 6600 on air and it's getting low temps too. Some of them are indeed very, very special. If his ambient was 16C, that could be possible on air. If not, maybe he's on water?

EDIT: Lol, yeah ^^^ what he said. :D

Hello,

this is my third CPU so far ...
User Name: famich
Stability: 10H Orthos
CPU name : E6600
OC: : 3807 MHz
Week: : L630
Code: L630A754
Vcore: 1.5V

Cooling: Water
Cooler brand/model: Alphacool Nexxos XP

Motherboard: ASUS P5WDG2 WS Professional Bios Version: 0408
Operating System: XP SP2
RAM brand: TeamXtreem
RAM actual speed: 846
Latency: 4.5.5.16.5

Vcore = 1.43 volt
motherboard = Asus P5B-E plus 0304 bios
Memory = Micron 2x512 D9 value RAM
Ram speed = 926, 5-5-5-15
Vdimm = 2.3 volt
Cooling = Apogee BlackIce 120.2 swiftech
CPU = L630A753
Speed = 462.8 x 8 = 3700

DragoonTD said:

Both Orthos and Coretemp have bug when using a E6600 with Multi lower than 9. look at my post #971 you will notice tat.

Only CPUz read the correct speed.

DragoonTD said:
OH, my bad. Continue on...

hi dude .. i'm not saying you wrong .. i just suspect Lvlarvin's 4.0 result .. unless he shown us a cpuz screenshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back