The Best Keyboard Ever Is Back

How can it be the best keyboard ever without RGB LEDs?
'Cause after you've been typing on one for 30 years, you don't ever need to see the keyboard. Everything is done by touch. I use a '97 black model M13 design with the embedded trackpoint, with a MS trackball mouse on the side. Both fit into my keyboard draw. I don't think I ever look at them other than when cleaning the trackball bits. Like it so much I picked up an extra should it ever break....but I think this thing will out live me.

IMG_20170710_201617.jpg
What model number do you have?

"M" stands for magnificent ...

model-m-jpg.14869

Nice.

I never had one that old... At lest not since my first one I had with my 286 back in the day, but that one is long gone, and I can no longer check labels.

I have a more modern Lexmark made grey Model M, a Museum condition Black Model M13 Trackpoint II, and a couple of Unicomps I use as my daily drivers.

3978720980_d3c727a917_o.jpg

5091177536_a2068d1217_b.jpg

I still have an IBM KB-7953. I used it for over a decade and only recently changed to a corsair K-70 because I wanted lighted keys for dark room gaming.

I still have an IBM KB-7953. I used it for over a decade and only recently changed to a corsair K-70 because I wanted lighted keys for dark room gaming.

Are those the ones with the IBM blue enter keys? I always love the aesthetics of those, but could never get over the rubber dome feel.

Back