The Anti-Fold Server

seapirate said:
I seem to be having a recurring problem. Every so often one or more of my machines will reset the userid to s. So about once a month or so, I have to do a audit and run cfgfold to make sure that the correct info is in the machines. Is there someplace I can make this more permanent or is it a bug?

What does /etc/foldconfig look like? It should have "USER=seapirate" in it (on the first line unless I miss my guess) (cat /etc/foldconfig to see the contents). What version of foldix are we talking here? The latest one has a few improvements - Prime95 and Memtest for stability testing, mostly.

The fact that running cfgfold fixes things seems to indicate to me that something is rewriting the foldconfig file. I haven't had this problem, and nothing else is supposed to change that file, so it's hard for me to figure out what it could be.

 
I am running the 0.9 version on all machines, but it has been a problem before. If something happens and the machine reboots they the settings are change back to the default. I have one new machine I added that has not done this yet, but the other 4 older ones do it.

 
I think this was just a problem in 0.9; there's a later version up.

Upgrading is going to be in 1.0 (I think :-/ ) so for now run "/etc/fold stop" and then "/etc/fold oneunit". That'll finish the current unit, and then you can turn them off and upgrade.

I can write out directions on how to upgrade if you like. You have but to ask.

 
Back
Top