The Altcoin Thread

Is anyone here interested in helping me test out my DOGE mining BC paying P2P node?

Right now AFAIK there is no way to automate the exchange process, so I would have to do that manually. If the coin hits Cryptsy, then it may possible to automate the entire thing.

Sent PM

there must be some real optimists about LTC given how the difficulty keeps increasing while the value remains below $20

and on the same note, muti-coin pool profitability is tanking, it is just about even with LTC now

http://i.imgur.com/uTbHdGA.png

One final update - the front end to this p2p node is pretty much complete. What I also need is someone to try and hack this, so anyone good at that kind of stuff (SQL injections) please PM me! Thanks! Miners still interested in helping alpha/beta test, please send me a PM! :)

15gzadk.png

there must be some real optimists about LTC given how the difficulty keeps increasing while the value remains below $20

and on the same note, muti-coin pool profitability is tanking, it is just about even with LTC now

http://i.imgur.com/uTbHdGA.png

Some of that increased difficulty might be attributed to pools like Ghash.io and their 2x reward week. Some of those people (like me), and it appears even at least one of the multipools, may not even be mining LTC right now if it weren't for the fact that Ghash.io is paying a bonus. After this promotion is over, I'm guessing the difficulty drops below 5000 again at least.

And it isn't surprising that multipools are losing profitability. There are only few alt coins that are even attempting to hold their value right now (and even those are slipping). I think the market picked its winners... those are the ones that continue to show signs of life while the rest are left to slowly flat line.

Last edited:
And it isn't surprising that multipools are losing profitability. There are only few alt coins that are even attempting to hold their value right now (and even those are slipping). I think the market picked its winners... those are the ones that continue to show signs of life while the rest are left to slowly flat line.

I got called a crazy troll a few weeks back when I said this was going to happen and that people should be careful about expanding their rigs.

I got called a crazy troll a few weeks back when I said this was going to happen and that people should be careful about expanding their rigs.

Zzzzzz.

The doom n gloom prognosticators will all be embarrassed, one by one. LTC or multipool, it's still profitable to mine altcoins, and that is the bottom line.

Last edited:

I'm still making hilarious profits. Especially considering I have zero actual effort put in.

Explain to me how you can have 6+ cards attached to one board when there are only so many pcie lanes available.

I seen those risers that appear to slot into a x1 but that is low bandwidth.

Even 3 cards would max with 8x8 and 4 on a standard Z87 board.

I have a single 750ti and although it can pull 280 I can only manage about $1.50 LTC a day.

That does not even cover the cost of power or the severe stress of running your GPU maxed out making it pointless.

Explain to me how you can have 6+ cards attached to one board when there are only so many pcie lanes available.

I have a single 750ti and although it can pull 280 I can only manage about $1.50 LTC a day.

That does not even cover the cost of power or the severe stress of running your GPU maxed out making it pointless.

Mining doesn't need full 16x lanes to work, 1x is perfectly fine.

All my x7 gpu rigs use x1 pcie lanes per card. All it needs.

Last edited:
With all that number crunching they only need x1 pcie? I would not have thought.
My card runs right at max TDP but I have no idea how much lane bandwidth it's using.
Apparently not that much.

In that case I could theoretically put 6 on my Z87.

With all that number crunching they only need x1 pcie? I would not have thought.
My card runs right at max TDP but I have no idea how much lane bandwidth it's using.
Apparently not that much.

In that case I could theoretically put 6 on my Z87.

on a msi z77a-gd65

Z4mSjiz.png

scrypt is only bandwidth intensive on the gpu itself, not between the gpu and the host.

Nice, I learned something new.

I was not aware the 200 family had that good of hash rates.

What cards are these?

Everything good will have its ups and downs. You were being a troll because you come here for no reason other than to be a troll. Either contribute to a forum or GTFO. I guess the other option is to just deal with being called a troll.?

I'll post it later today. At the LA state Capitol trying to get a pay raise, hah.

I've had 3x Asus 280x ordered since december from BH Photo for 320 each... I have 3 slots on my 2 rigs, but now I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order.. they are saying that they will be delivered early April(according to an email from their rep. after contacting Asus to confirm)

what to do, what to do....

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on [H] about BH photo ripping someone off who 'pre-ordered' GPUs... they eventually sent them but changed the price on him. Just be careful with that pre-order!

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on [H] about BH photo ripping someone off who 'pre-ordered' GPUs... they eventually sent them but changed the price on him. Just be careful with that pre-order!

Mine is already paid with paypal, but I will watch it. I did a search and didn't find anything about that... will keep looking though. I have been suspecting that they have filled orders placed later than mine but at much higher prices, because since my order was placed in early december, I can't imagine that they are still that far behind on their orders. I could be wrong though.

edit* I guess you were talking about this

I've had 3x Asus 280x ordered since december from BH Photo for 320 each... I have 3 slots on my 2 rigs, but now I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order.. they are saying that they will be delivered early April(according to an email from their rep. after contacting Asus to confirm)

what to do, what to do....

This is a no-brainer. Regardless of price any hardware order that takes longer than 2-3 weeks is a waste of time.

486 is pretty darn good for 1120/1250. What's your config, if you don't mind sharing?

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently he got all Hynix RAM 270s. I only have one of those and it's not stable at anything past 1000mhz at 1.100v. Good for 445 hash at 1000/1250 at 1.100v. The remaining 4 Elpida do a little worse, between 433 and 443 hash at 1000/1400 at 1.100v.

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently he got all Hynix RAM 270s.

Good point if they are Hynix.

I guess I'm probably about on-par, though. I've got my 3 Elpida 270s averaging 490 at 1150/1250.

486 is pretty darn good for 1120/1250. What's your config, if you don't mind sharing?

0JS5Dzx.png

All 270 undervolted to 1.1v. I don't know what ram they have. Never cared to look into it. Probably Elpida since they are all XFX.

I'm still making hilarious profits. Especially considering I have zero actual effort put in.

And did you JUST now buy all that hardware or have you had it for a while? I was only trying to caution people from spending thousands on their first set of hardware because it isn't always going to have a quick ROI (which it doesn't)

Everything good will have its ups and downs. You were being a troll because you come here for no reason other than to be a troll. Either contribute to a forum or GTFO. I guess the other option is to just deal with being called a troll.?

All I was doing was telling people they shouldn't spend thousands on new hardware, and that most people who are making good profit now paid for their hardware months ago, when it was cheaper, faster to mine (lower difficulty) and higher returns on the price. Please explain how that is trolling exactly?

Those of you who PM'd helping to test out my BC paying node, I will provide mining url and port, and website status links so you can check up on your miners later today. I had some hell setting up the dedicated node last night, but it's up and running now and the payouts from the P2Pool are finally starting to ramp up slowly (not sure why P2P does this, but it requires a few hours to fully get going).

wow ltc is heading back towards $20

it if breaks $20 it might be better to directly mine it again

On the next re-adjustment LTC difficulty is going to be double what it was this time last month. I guess most people got out of the other altcoins.

0JS5Dzx.png

All 270 undervolted to 1.1v. I don't know what ram they have. Never cared to look into it. Probably Elpida since they are all XFX.

My Elpida 270s won't break 400 hash if I run them at 1250 regardless of the core clock. They need 1500 to hit max hash. GPUZ will tell you which type of RAM you have if you're inclined to look.

wow ltc is heading back towards $20

it if breaks $20 it might be better to directly mine it again

I find it most interesting that the LTC/BTC ratio is climbing - up to 0.32 now from the ~0.25-0.27 it has been bouncing around in for months. Another guess is that ghash.io could be out in the markets buying to cover their massive promotion which is in turn, driving up prices relative to BTC. So... could just be a large scale pump to prep for a dump...

Those of you who PM'd helping to test out my BC paying node, I will provide mining url and port, and website status links so you can check up on your miners later today. I had some hell setting up the dedicated node last night, but it's up and running now and the payouts from the P2Pool are finally starting to ramp up slowly (not sure why P2P does this, but it requires a few hours to fully get going).

Cool looking forward to it.

My Elpida 270s won't break 400 hash if I run them at 1250 regardless of the core clock. They need 1500 to hit max hash. GPUZ will tell you which type of RAM you have if you're inclined to look.

I'm fairly certain it's all about miner settings. Running my 3 (verified to all have Elpida RAM) in sgminer with similar settings to r2h but at 1150/1250, I'm getting a pretty consistent 490 out of them.

I'm fairly certain it's all about miner settings. Running my 3 (verified to all have Elpida RAM) in sgminer with similar settings to r2h but at 1150/1250, I'm getting a pretty consistent 490 out of them.

At what voltage? I know I can get 490 hash out of all of my cards but I need at least 1.188v to get there. Not worth the extra wattage. I ran some tests all day yesterday based on feedback from the other 270 thread. I get the best hash/wattage ratio at 1.075v on the Elpidas at 1000/1400 and 1.100v on the Hynix at 1000/1250. Gives me about 440 hash per card (5), 2200 hash for 711W at the wall. To get 475 hash out of my cards I need 1.163v or higher for 850W power consumption. For 490 hash I need 1.188v or higher for 900+ watts.

5x440 = 2200 hash @ 711W = 3.09 hash/watt (1.075v - 1.100v)
5x475 = 2375 hash @ 850W = 2.79 hash/watt (1.163v - 1.188v)
5x490 = 2450 hash @ 900W = 2.72 hash/watt (1.188v+)

Miner settings are 2 threads, 8193 TC, lookup-gap 2, xintensity 4. Nearly identical to r2h's.

At what voltage? I know I can get 490 hash out of all of my cards but I need at least 1.188v to get there.

Well, what's the story? You're changing too many variables. Let's ignore voltage for now. Can you get better than 400 out of them at 1250 or not?

Personally, mine hash a little bit lower at 1250 than 1500, but 1250 is definitely a "sweet spot".

I tried 1250 on my Elpida's at stock 1.188v and they couldn't break 400 hash even with 1100 core. I'll try it again tonight to see if it was a fluke.

Back