The 2013 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

I posted this in the "rate my cables" section, but since it's the overall build as well I'll post it here too...

After six years, finally built a new rig:

Coolermaster HAF XM
ASRock Z87 OC Formula
Intel 4670K w/Noctua HSF @ 4.4ghz
2x Sapphire Vapor-x 7950's @ 1125/1425 (scored P15428 on 3dmark11)
Samsung 840pro 256gb ssd
G.Skill 2x8gb DDR1600
Seasonic x850
...and a couple of 1TB HDDs, an optical drive, and some Noctua case fans

945250483c2094c.jpg

The cables can do with some proper sleaving and the fan cables could be cleaned up a bit better, as could the PCIE power cables, but otherwise I am quite happy with my baby.

PC1.png

PC2.png

PC3.png

Very nice cable management. Extremely clean. :D
I posted this in the "rate my cables" section, but since it's the overall build as well I'll post it here too...

After six years, finally built a new rig:

Coolermaster HAF XM
ASRock Z87 OC Formula
Intel 4670K w/Noctua HSF @ 4.4ghz
2x Sapphire Vapor-x 7950's @ 1125/1425 (scored P15428 on 3dmark11)
Samsung 840pro 256gb ssd
G.Skill 2x8gb DDR1600
Seasonic x850
...and a couple of 1TB HDDs, an optical drive, and some Noctua case fans

945250483c2094c.jpg

Thanks, guys!

I like the poop colored Noctua fans, LOL. :eek: I like that they stand out and look different. And that they're all function. :D

I'm pretty stoked about this build, and super excited to play BF4 in a few weeks. I played the online beta a bit last night, but I'm more of a single player campaign guy. But the beta ran smooth as butter on my 120hz monitor at 1080p.

Some impressive builds here. Wish mine could compete.

Did the best I could with stock cable lengths and lack of cable management in the case.
x25vmp.jpg

Very nice rig, JayJapanB. I'm close to getting my own water cooling system, and I'll probably take some ideas from you :).

Oooh, and in a Lian Li PC90!!! That's like a relic almost! Great job though, looks awesome! Love the white sleeving.

Very nice rig, JayJapanB. I'm close to getting my own water cooling system, and I'll probably take some ideas from you :).

Cheers! It runs quite cool and extremely quiet. Best of luck!

Oooh, and in a Lian Li PC90!!! That's like a relic almost! Great job though, looks awesome! Love the white sleeving.

I think you must be thinking of a different case. This was released 2 years ago.
Thank you for the kind words though! :)

I always enjoy looking at these things. you guys really out did yourselves. Dispite my lack of money, I hope to join in this sharing of EPIC [H]ardware! :D

3rd time's a charm? Still a crappy phone camera and still a lighting noob, but here's my best effort so far...

Cqeciyr.jpg

Working off HD 4600 while waiting to see what AMD's new toy can do.

Took a snap of the VenX base after giving it a good lapping in preparation for Intel's latest nuclear reactor.

sAHbC3J.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!

I posted my new 900D Build in the watercooling gallery...thought it might make sense to post here too!

I was inspired by all the new cool 900d builds out there, so two months ago I decided to create a new gaming machine, but my challenge was to do all the bends in acrylic tube...no rotary or angle fittings!! I ended up only using 2 rotary fittings...I was close ;): It was an amazing learning experience!

The build is almost finished so I wanted to share a few pics!

My build log is HERE.

-M

900d-17Large.jpg

900d-1Large.jpg

900d-15Large.jpg

900d-13Large.jpg

900d-11Large.jpg

900d-10Large.jpg

900d-9Large.jpg

900d-7Large.jpg

900d-4Large.jpg

You, Sir, win this thread.
How long did it take you to create this beauty out of a man's rib?

You, Sir, win this thread.
How long did it take you to create this beauty out of a man's rib?

Thanks for the great complement!

I began gathering parts back in July and actually started the build in mid August. It took almost two months to put it all together...The most time consuming part was all the acrylic bending...some of the longer runs took upwards of 3-4 hours each :eek: There were a total of 8 separate tube runs..

I only worked on it when I had free time...which was early morning and late nights on the weekends....Family and work eat up the rest...;)

-M

Lol. Why you gotta shit all over my crappy air cooled, phone pic?!

Just kidding. I love the angular tubing. Do you put this case on your desk? Wow, just wow man. Good job!

Hello!

I posted my new 900D Build in the watercooling gallery...thought it might make sense to post here too!

I was inspired by all the new cool 900d builds out there, so two months ago I decided to create a new gaming machine, but my challenge was to do all the bends in acrylic tube...no rotary or angle fittings!! I ended up only using 2 rotary fittings...I was close ;): It was an amazing learning experience!

The build is almost finished so I wanted to share a few pics!

My build log is HERE.

-M

900d-17Large.jpg

900d-1Large.jpg

900d-15Large.jpg

900d-13Large.jpg

900d-11Large.jpg

900d-10Large.jpg

900d-9Large.jpg

900d-7Large.jpg

900d-4Large.jpg

trick or treat, I say big time treat :eek: very nice rig.

Lol. Why you gotta shit all over my crappy air cooled, phone pic?!

Just kidding. I love the angular tubing. Do you put this case on your desk? Wow, just wow man. Good job!

Not on my desk yet...but will be soon...Still need to add some white LED's to finish it off.

Thanks!!

-M

agreed, that's drool worthy! Orange and black go so well together also... prefect color scheme imo.

agreed, that's drool worthy! Orange and black go so well together also... prefect color scheme imo.

Truly awe inspiring. Wish I had the money for a build like that.
Nice work!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great complement!

I only worked on it when I had free time...which was early morning and late nights on the weekends....Family and work eat up the rest...;)

-M

The fact that it took so long because you don't have a lot of time I think shows how much care you put into it and obviously your skills :) I signed in just to say kudos, its a beauty.

2500k @ 4.5
gtx 670 @ 1250/7200
asus p8z77m pro
8gb hyperx 1600mhz
seasonic s12II 500W
intel ssd 160gb + 2.5'' hdd wd 640gb

The fact that it took so long because you don't have a lot of time I think shows how much care you put into it and obviously your skills :) I signed in just to say kudos, its a beauty.

Much appreciated! Thank you.

-M

for anybody who's curious, i purchased a sleeved 24pin cable from that shop out of china (http://www.moddiy.com), and I can say that they're definitely worth buying from

The sleeving (MDPC) is top notch quality, and the wiring is correct (I noticed that it wasn't 1:1 with my current 24pin cable, so I went through one wire at a time to verify each was getting the proper voltage)

kind of pricey, but not as expensive as those other shops on amazon

I would've sleeved my own cable, but seasonic cables are the hardest to sleeve, especially 24pin cables

so yeah, thumbs up to modDIY

New case, and psu's.

I plan on adding some fans and such, but it want to get my rig up and running.

CA_10271321045517-xL.jpg

3rd time's a charm? Still a crappy phone camera and still a lighting noob, but here's my best effort so far...

Cqeciyr.jpg

Working off HD 4600 while waiting to see what AMD's new toy can do.

Took a snap of the VenX base after giving it a good lapping in preparation for Intel's latest nuclear reactor.

sAHbC3J.jpg

Nice how you have the CPU reflection in the heat-sink copper base.

Back