The 2012 Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is from the future...per windows-8/7/2012 performance test. haha.

47453d66_7sx9a.jpeg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nothing special. Specs in Sig.
I have to clean up the cables and move some of the older HDDs to join the other external drives as Im planning on adding more SSD drives.

Cooling-
Stock corsair 2x 120mm on the front
stock corsair 200mm on the side
Corsair airforce silent 120mm as rear exhaust and lower intake
Cougar vortex on HDD cage blowing direct on the GFX.
H100 rad using gentle typhoons.

Here's my current system. My signature has all the specs of my system. I've done a few small mods to my case, I drilled holes in the top and added handles to make it easier to carry (my wife watches me play Mass Effect in the living room, so they help a lot). I also cut out the grilles for the front intake and rear exhaust fans to improve their airflow and reduce noise. I covered the cuts with rubber u-channel molding.

I did the best wire management I could in this case, it has no wire management options to speak of. Sorry for the blurry phone pictures.

side2.jpg

Side shot showing handles

side1.jpg

The guts

rear1.jpg

Rear fan sans grille

Finally took the time to add the casehandles I got from MNPCtech to my rig. Took the time to clean out all the dust too. Not bad for a 7 year old $30 case. :D
dscn0049as.jpg

dscn0051as.jpg

Finally took the time to add the casehandles I got from MNPCtech to my rig. Took the time to clean out all the dust too. Not bad for a 7 year old $30 case. :D

Looks good for the age. The fan grill really brings back some memories.

On a side note, it looks like your RAM is set up in single channel mode. For dual channel it should be one stick per set of colored ports (A1 and B1 or A2 and B2). That mobo goes against the normal 'match the colors' idea.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Im too lazy to pull the computer out and open up the case. :/

Lian Li case
Seasonic Platinum PSU
Noctua fans
Noctua CPU heatsink
Intel DX79SI motherboard
Intel Core-i7 3930K CPU
Intel 520 SSD
nVIDIA GTX 680 GPU
16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

23" NEC PA series monitor (hardware calibrated)
6500K backlighting

PS Audio power regenerator
Bryston DAC
Audiophilleo transport and PSU
Violectric amp
HiFiMan headphones

QNAP NAS
Cisco Router
Cisco Modem

Looks good for the age. The fan grill really brings back some memories.

On a side note, it looks like your RAM is set up in single channel mode. For dual channel it should be one stick per set of colored ports (A1 and B1 or A2 and B2). That mobo goes against the normal 'match the colors' idea.

Thanks for the head's up. I will re-check the manual. I had originally put this in Dual Channel according to the manual but I may have misread something. Thanks again. :)

i plan on getting 2 7870's but i have to pay for a car wreck and a ticket first do thats just a temp card for a while

makes more sense! have a 1kw in my closet in case I can build some trifire action sometime

i could go tri but when im done i want to be running around 75-80% of the psu which would make the system run at max efficiency for the most part maybe up or down for that but i need to get a gauge to see how many watts im useing right now

Figured I better post some updated pics for you guys after this bad boy made it to the front page. Couldnt be more pumped!

A few updated pics of my rig. Got some more sleeved cables, lightning and some noise blocker fans. I know the 24 pin looks awful but I dont really have anywhere else to route it currently.

P4rD0nM3, That is a awesome rig dude. I know you have looked at those 680's wondering how you can paint the GEFORCE GTX red. :p

Thanks. I've been taking photos using my phone all the time now so I decided to go the other route and bust out my DSLR. Night and day I say.

No Instagram on these photos.

WGeOT.jpg

NkNIJ.jpg

5gzFL.jpg

fRFcr.jpg

I'll buy some cable clamps tomorrow and see if I could make the back look like Logan Tom.

No DLSR at the moment. Here are some scatter shot pics = )
Apologies if the post is long. Feel free to skip!

fMHJUl.jpg

WYdF1l.jpg

836qEl.jpg

bmCh2l.jpg

geefBl.jpg

j9ONMl.jpg

tUnail.jpg

ZByh9l.jpg

Under Contruction
H7vnrl.jpg

ApqZHl.jpg

vd4qil.jpg

q7cBUl.jpg

KzdtAl.jpg

RlHF0l.jpg

XwkKHl.jpg

Had 7970's before :/
IFrt2l.jpg

qyLhAl.jpg

Last edited:
what was your reasoning behind disliking the 7970's?

I actually loved the cards themselves. But had too many driver BSOD's for my liking. Have not had any issues at all with the 680's though. Maybe the AMD drivers have improved by now, but my initial experiences with them kinda put me off going any further with them.

Luckily, I sold them before their prices dropped like a stone =)

I actually loved the cards themselves. But had too many driver BSOD's for my liking. Have not had any issues at all with the 680's though. Maybe the AMD drivers have improved by now, but my initial experiences with them kinda put me off going any further with them.

Luckily, I sold them before their prices dropped like a stone =)

ahh ok

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

Updated with a new Corsair AX1200I. and a little wiring rework. cant decide if i really like the individual sleeved look or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back