Status
Not open for further replies.
img0364pf.jpg

img0365mya.jpg

img0366gl.jpg

img0367sq.jpg

img0368ch.jpg

img0369cx.jpg

looks great, but i would make two suggestions.

1. put a backplate on that card

2. put the white rings on those fans

having the armor on the mother board and then having the pcb uncovered like that on the card was visibly jarring for me. and white would just clash less with the green accents on your board. i would also do something about the HDD cabling, as it looks out of place right now. i personally put mine in backwards and fished the cables threw the other side to hide it.

but then again... i'm probably more picky than most, even the silver screws would drive me up the wall. so feel free to tell me to stfu >_>

He probably doesnt have a backplaye on his MSI 680 for the same two reasons that i dont have one on my MSI 680... the only 2 backplates out there are EK and EVGA. Considering he has a Koolance block, and an MSI card, both plates just dont seem proper.

At least, those are the reasons I dont have one, but of course, his opinion may vary.

He probably doesnt have a backplaye on his MSI 680 for the same two reasons that i dont have one on my MSI 680... the only 2 backplates out there are EK and EVGA. Considering he has a Koolance block, and an MSI card, both plates just dont seem proper.

At least, those are the reasons I dont have one, but of course, his opinion may vary.

Exactly. I just cant justify the price of them right now. Plus from some other reviews the Koolance blocks dont work well with the Evga backplate.

Ill be getting a blue NZXT Led strips here soon so it should drown out the obnoxious sabertooth color scheme.

Ive got some sleeved sata power connectors on order so it should help clean that crap up over there as well. Also the stainless screws work well with the stainless gpu block and the rest of the case I think. Maybe if I had chrome fittings it would work better.

all valid points....

why oh why do they not offer the saber tooth in more color options? it's such a beautiful board, but those colors are going to fit into very vew peoples schemes.

all valid points....

why oh why do they not offer the saber tooth in more color options? it's such a beautiful board, but those colors are going to fit into very vew peoples schemes.

I KNOW! So aggravating. Corsair has some match ram out thats about it. I would paint it but they claim the coating on it helps dissipate heat so I'm not so sure about doing that ha.

the colors is the only reason i didn't get the sabertooth... damn asus making me get a more expensive board just so it will match T_T

i doubt painting just the accent colors would cause any problems with heat, it's not a very big area. i've seen other people who have done it, but didn't think to ask about the effect it had on temps.

made some serious changes to my rig got new feet, new fans, new power supply that i fully sleeved so now it perfectly matches FD color scheme , installed my new z77 sabertooth which IMO looks simply fantastic and here is the rig!

DSCF6224.jpg

DSCF6228.jpg

DSCF6212.jpg

DSCF6236.jpg

Those front fans are new NZXT Airlow series fans - they look really nice and move serious amount of air, so i definetily recommend them!
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I love the ballsy 24 pin in the tj07. It looks awesome!

That fractal is awesome as well. Love the sleeved psu. Makes the back so much neater without millions of extensions..

first of all i would like to say hello , so hello :).

i have done some modding to, not building hole new cases from scratch and stuff.
but i wanted to show you my rig/desktop :) .

the case is sunbeam trio. verry nice case except that its like 6 years old and the cable management is a impossible task cause there aint nice holes in the backplate :( .
maby you guys got some feedback ? :D

here we go :p.

specs

case : sunbeam trio
mobo: Asus sabertooth revo 3 p67
cpu : i5 2500k
gpu : Asus 560 direct cu|| with dual fans
hdd : caviar black 1 tb + samsung 500g
ssd : ocz vertex 4
psu : ocz modstream pro 700w

other stuff = bitspower ccfl controller , tacens sagitta 2 fancontroller , sharkoon neon tubes, some bitspower ledstrips ( outside) , tacens ice 120mm fans.

frontside
sdc12158y.jpg

side closed with blue and green neon on ( both can be turned on or off afcourse )
sdc12155j.jpg

top side
sdc12150p.jpg

side closed with lights off
sdc12149d.jpg

side open
sdc12148n.jpg

side open
sdc12147q.jpg

and 2 movies from my youtube channel to highlight the light.

this one is the most recent with new ledstrips installed in my desktop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGhx9krkLo&list=UU01V-Np_Kk_vTtdJDH1FakA&index=1&feature=plcp

and this is more for the switch system and ccfl controller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgU2cV75pw&list=UU01V-Np_Kk_vTtdJDH1FakA&index=9&feature=plcp

feel free to comment !

Using split tubing like that was what a lot of modders used back in the days before manufacturers started sleeving there cables.

Using split tubing like that was what a lot of modders used back in the days before manufacturers started sleeving there cables.

Indeed. My old ass Chieftec Dragon case still has the front panel wires in split tubing, haha.

Mullet, I see tons of space for water cooling in that case. Get on it!

Does that bottom fan even do anything?

Given my limited knowledge of thermal dynamics (heat rises...the end), I cannot imagine a fan at that location being much more than a 'look at me' item.

Yeah old habits are hard to break. :D

very nice mullet. interesting choice to tube the wires. i don't think i've seen that before.

Thanks dude.

Indeed. My old ass Chieftec Dragon case still has the front panel wires in split tubing, haha.

Mullet, I see tons of space for water cooling in that case. Get on it!

I got this case and stripped it for just that purpose only but the money I was going to spend I just got a good air cooler to hold me over but after all the fans I installed I got pretty good temps so I never switched over.

Does that bottom fan even do anything?

Given my limited knowledge of thermal dynamics (heat rises...the end), I cannot imagine a fan at that location being much more than a 'look at me' item.

I get asked this a lot. I have.

3 120mm in the front of the case. medium speed
2 120mm in the back. little lower then medium speed.

I have taped up ever hole and crack I could find. With this fan configuration ( more coming in then going out) creates positive air pressure in the case, which aids in dust entering the case.

The whole purpose of of good air cooling is changing the air in the case as fast as possible. The lower fan in the back, I noticed below the video card in that lower corner would heat up. I would rather the air be forced out of that lower corner then to have it drift up and be pushed out from the top fan.

Last edited:
kokonator said:
How did you mod the front of the case? Looks awesome.

It was pretty easy actually - i just removed front panel mesh and replaced it with a sheet of acrilyc. Then I used 4 and a quarter inch hole saw to make holes and spray painted the panel with flat black. And the fans i used are NZXT Airflow series.

It was pretty easy actually - i just removed front panel mesh and replaced it with a sheet of acrilyc. Then I used 4 and a quarter inch hole saw to make holes and spray painted the panel with flat black. And the fans i used are NZXT Airflow series.

It doesn't look like you have filters on the front fans, do you have any dust problems?

It doesn't look like you have filters on the front fans, do you have any dust problems?

not really i mean i clean it every week or two, which i kinda enjoy, but even after 2 weeks its not that bad, i dont have pets and my house isn't dusty at all.

EVERYONES house has dust... lol

But I personally cant get away with no filters since I live in a windy area. If I do, I have dust issues in no time flat.

I am extremely impressed with how well put together that Fractal is though. Good job!

EVERYONES house has dust... lol

But I personally cant get away with no filters since I live in a windy area. If I do, I have dust issues in no time flat.

I am extremely impressed with how well put together that Fractal is though. Good job!

thanx for a comment :D
and yes, u r right - dust is everywhere, what i meant is my house is RELATIVELY dust free :)

Last edited:
Sorry for double post
Alright here comes a picture spam time :D
My AF120's came today and 6pin bitfenix cable :D!!
So all done really except for a 7970 maybe :p but yea got some pictures, not the best.. i'll get some better ones when the battery is charged more but anyway here they are.

7168784193_6930dd0eb2_c.jpg

7353994742_0381073f16_c.jpg
Any particular reason why you don't have the other drive bay cages in the case and WHY do you have the SSD drive mounted vertically? Are you using double sided tape?

I see that you have the Corsair 650D case. The top I/O of this case has 2 x USB 3.0 plugs that from what I can tell cannot be used to plug in anywhere for the Asus Maximus V Formula board. Therefore, I have to route the two USB 3.0 cables out the circular port near the back and plug them directly into the I/O ports on the back of the motherboard.

Am I doing this wrong?

Graphic card : ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP

SSD: Corsair CSSD-F120GBGT-BK Force Series 120GB Solid State Drive

HDD: 6Tb seagate sata III total

PSU: Seasonic X-760 760 Watt Power Supply Unit 80+ gold

CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU (4 x 3.50GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 8Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

Motherboard : AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX

CASE: Aerocool XPredator Evil Black Edition Full Tower PC Case Orange and Black

RAM: GSkill 8GB (2x4GB)1866MHz DDR3 CL9.0 D/L Channel Kit Ripjaws X Red gaming memory

CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan Performance Quiet CPU Cooler AMD & Intel Use
Monitor : 24" Samsung Syncmaster

keyborad and mouse CybrorgV7 R.A.T 5
31352706141586023022.jpg

55964440999775960387.jpg

51369327357556278014.jpg

22524686915240158420.jpg

62083739579785727729.jpg

65919225624593706624.jpg

85395762684958724012.jpg

91357208563429999261.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.