*** The 100% Complete 3DMark05 Forceware Comparison ***

cornelious0_0 said:
Wow, I just can't win can I? I go to bed after doing another 7 tests, wake up, and there's another driver release. :rolleyes:

Ah well, I guess I'll give the 66.72's a shot and then do another 5 or so in addition to them right away.....and there'll probly be another couple driver releases in the next day or two with my luck. :p

HEHE sorrry to give ya more work Cornelious ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
I'll sit down after I've got all this testing done to play with my rig, but I will NOT be running any tests at any more then 440 core. The reason for this is because of all the PS/VS effects, HDR Lighting, and Dynamic Shadows, 3DMark05 seems to be ridiculously sensitive to video card overclocking. 450MHz on my core doesn't even artifact in Doom3, but it goes kinda nuts in 3DMark05 and eventually just locks up about halfway through Proxycon. I'll see how far I can push my system without going TOO far....because along with the core, the memory also starts artifacting a fair bit at 1300 in 2k5....unlike any other benchmark or game I own. I'm actually kinda happy that it's so sensitive, because that just means that if I go by 3DMark05 when I'm testing my clocks for artifacts I'll know for SURE that it'll be "clean" in all other games and tests I'll be running.

what kind of cooling are you using? I cant get my core above 420 (i think its power supply related) and I can get my memory no where near 1.3 Ghz. I cant even do 1.15 artifact free. What brand of 6800GT?

HEHE sorrry to give ya more work Cornelious

No problem bro.....it's all good.

I've got an update here, first off.....the 66.72's bench'd exactly 10 points lower then the 66.70's for me.....and considering the 66.72 drivers are actually WHQL certified I'd say that put's 'em ahead. The v1.10 Hotfix for 3DMark05 dropped my score with the 66.72's by a measely 3 points.....so I'm going to just assume that there was no effect. What I'd really like to see now is some before and after tests with X800 cards and their own "hotfix" drivers.

what kind of cooling are you using? I cant get my core above 420 (i think its power supply related) and I can get my memory no where near 1.3 Ghz. I cant even do 1.15 artifact free. What brand of 6800GT?

It's an Inno3D (read the sig dude :p ) 6800GT with the Arctic Cooling NV5 and AS5 all around. I have done the BIOS vmod to bump my card up to 1.4v from the stock 1.3v.....which did help out my overclock, with an after effect of my temps going up about 6 or 7 degrees.

cornelious0_0 said:
No problem bro.....it's all good.

I've got an update here, first off.....the 66.72's bench'd exactly 10 points lower then the 66.70's for me.....and considering the 66.72 drivers are actually WHQL certified I'd say that put's 'em ahead. The v1.10 Hotfix for 3DMark05 dropped my score with the 66.72's by a measely 3 points.....so I'm going to just assume that there was no effect. What I'd really like to see now is some before and after tests with X800 cards and their own "hotfix" drivers..

I'll be doing some later tonight hopefully :)

rancor said:
I'll be doing some later tonight hopefully :)

Good stuff, make sure you shoot me a PM when you're done and let me know how it went....I'm kinda curious, cus no official statement was made to say what the "exploit" actually had to do with, or if it was even something that was already being exploited.

Maulenstein said:
My systen runs on stock.

Gig of Cosair ram, 6800 GT, 3200+ AMD.

Only 3,898...

Wtf?

By 3200+ AMD do you mean AXP or A64? If it's an AXP and your GT is running stock clocks it doesnt surprise me that you'd be at about 4k. Everyone says that 3DMark05 is all GPU....but that's not entirely true with these 6800's.....going from 2.8GHz to 3.7GHz gained me somewhere in the region of 500 points. Even if it is an A64, if you're running drivers older then the 66.xx's it doesn't surprise me taht you're at 4k or so. My P4 at 3.5GHz with the GT at 400/1100 with the 61.77's only scores like 4300.....cutting the cpu down to stock and bringing the Gt down to 350/1000 would bring me right down to your score with those drivers.....so its actually not THAT low when you think about it.....3DMark05 is just kinda messed up. :p

Dojo | Warlord said:
sticky???????

no????

plz dont kill me.

Haha, I'm sure you're not in any danger bro. :p

I actually didn't get any time to run any more tests this morning or this afternoon so I'll make up for it tonight after work and get all 10 done at once.....almost done after tonight. ;)

I scored 4579 with my card @ 410/1100 on the 65.76's I forgot to change the oc, but i'm gonna try these 66.7x's at the same clocks and see how I do.

cornelious0_0 said:
Good stuff, make sure you shoot me a PM when you're done and let me know how it went....I'm kinda curious, cus no official statement was made to say what the "exploit" actually had to do with, or if it was even something that was already being exploited.

Well I got exactly 5300 points with 1.00 but ORB wouldnt let me submitt it
installed the patch and got 5294 points.
(both with the 66.72 WHQL)

Bastards.... lost 6 points.... but more importantly the 5300! :(

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=63669

*bump* and test of login

this thread already at top so not real bump...

cant post in offtopic...hmmmm

rancor said:
MIght want to try the 66.81 whqls just been found on nV's ftp, over at guru3d.com

ARRG$#$#%@##@

That's two fucking drivers releases in one day. ENOUGH already. My computer's going to boycott rebooting.

The Batman said:
ARRG$#$#%@##@

That's two fucking drivers releases in one day. ENOUGH already. My computer's going to boycott rebooting.

LOL tell me about it, I'm going to test it out tomorrow, to tired to do it now hehe

The Batman said:
ARRG$#$#%@##@

That's two fucking drivers releases in one day. ENOUGH already.

You think YOU'RE getting irritated? :rolleyes:

Well, I'm gonna be restarting here pretty soon, it looks like I've got aNOTHER driver to test before I keep going, and I wanna get 10 more drivers done tonight.....so I'll see you guys in a bit. ;)

I just installed them today, and they weren't whql for my ultra, but they gave another 150 point boost, which just put them right around my xt pe.

Guess what guys.........

I'M DONE!!!

Gonna get started on the graph now.....but man, I'm glad the testing is done.....32 drivers later. :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Another day, another Forceware driver....w00t!! :p

I gave the 66.81's a go today and they seem to work just fine. I did a 3DMark05 run with a stock system and overclocked video card (6800GT @ 440/1.10)........

3DMark Score - 5389 3DMarks
GT1 - Return To Proxycon - 22.7 FPS
GT2 - Firefly Forest - 15.6 FPS
GT3 - Canyon Flight - 28.3 FPS

No comparisons with other FW drivers tho - that's the first 3DM05 run I've done with an oc'ed GT.

coz said:
Another day, another Forceware driver....w00t!! :p

I gave the 66.81's a go today and they seem to work just fine. I did a 3DMark05 run with a stock system and overclocked video card (6800GT @ 440/1.10)........

3DMark Score - 5389 3DMarks
GT1 - Return To Proxycon - 22.7 FPS
GT2 - Firefly Forest - 15.6 FPS
GT3 - Canyon Flight - 28.3 FPS

No comparisons with other FW drivers tho - that's the first 3DM05 run I've done with an oc'ed GT.

Well the 66.70's have still proved to edge out the rest of them....and I'll be seeing if I can clear 6k later today....gotta get working on that graph for you guys though, cya in a bit. :)

Where's the VIVO -> XT version with the Cats / Omegas? :p

Don't tell me I have to do it. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
32 drivers later.
Sounds like that film - 28 days later.

I'm guessing that much driver testing could turn you into an enraged, flesh-eating zombie running around all over the shop. :p

The graph is done......yay!!!!! :D :cool:

As I have edited the first post to read, I will continue to stay ontop of new Forceware releases, and teh graph will be updated weekly.

Off I go to crank some tunes and not think about drivers for a few minutes. :p

Guru3d is down, does anyone know another place to get the 66.81 drivers?

Edit: Nevermind I forgot they were at Nvidias ftp.

Man that graph owns. Good job on the hard work!! Glad to see some numbers with all these drivers!!

BakedGoods said:
Man that graph owns. Good job on the hard work!! Glad to see some numbers with all these drivers!!

Thx bro.....it's nice to see some local boys showing their appreciation, and you'll probly like what I'm gonna be starting up pretty soon too. ;)

Great graph, but in the end this just proves each person must do their own tests....why? Well the weird thing is Is I get a better 3dmark2005 with 66.81's by a small margin (about 50 points, but consistenly) from 66.70's;

however, I have no problems at all with 66.70's; and the 66.70's have the edge in ogl and really beat the tar out of 66.81' with aquamark by about 1500 points.

Because of this, I"m staying with 66.70's; but I think 66.81's are really close.

Well, it 'least gives people a rough estimate if nothing else... That way they don't have to test every driver set and can just pick a few which are the more likely candidates to perform better. Then again, this is only one benchmark and doesn't point out any glaring faults a driver set may have in other areas (some which may not even be performance related, such as DVD playback)... :eek: Wish NVidia updated their official pick more often.

I realise that some ppl will still have to do their own testing....but I mostly just wanted to see how the differnent drivers stacked up against each other with the huge popularity of 3DMark05 right now.

What I've got planned next is to take my 2.8C and the 6800GT 100% stock clocks and run Aquamark3. Then what I'm going to do is raise the CPU clock by 50MHz at a time, and record the score each time. What I'm going to try and accomplish is to see when/where the cpu bottleneck on my GT starts to wittle away.....and when the increases from teh cpu clock are smaller and smaller....showing that the card is beginning to perform more as it should. Then I'm also going to do the same thign over again.....only with the video card at Ultra clocks.....to see what kind of differences their are between the cpu scaling of teh cards and when the gains of the overclocked processor start having less of an effect.

Impulse said:
We might not see cornelious again for months... :D

Oh don't worry, the Aquamark3 testing actually won't take as long as the 3DMark05 tests did....because I wont' have to install 30 different drivers while I'm doing it....just restarting to bump up the fsb between tests.....much faster. Doing it in 50MHz increments all the way up to 3.8GHz might take a little while.....but Aquamark3 is my favorite synthetic benchmark, and I actually like watching it. The Aquamark3 scaling analysis will be much more relative to more ppl though.....as anyone with a P4 and a 6800GT or 6800Ultra will be able to use it as a reference as to with what cpu clocks that their cards start to perform more as they should, as the bottleneck starts to fade away.

cornelious0_0 said:
Oh don't worry, the Aquamark3 testing actually won't take as long as the 3DMark05 tests did....because I wont' have to install 30 different drivers while I'm doing it....just restarting to bump up the fsb between tests.....much faster. Doing it in 50MHz increments all the way up to 3.8GHz might take a little while.....but Aquamark3 is my favorite synthetic benchmark, and I actually like watching it. The Aquamark3 scaling analysis will be much more relative to more ppl though.....as anyone with a P4 and a 6800GT or 6800Ultra will be able to use it as a reference as to with what cpu clocks that their cards start to perform more as they should, as the bottleneck starts to fade away.

Two things I would like to say:

1. Have you tried bumping up the resolution in 3dmark? I notice that the framerates hardly change from 1024x768 to 16x12 (and in between). This leads me to believe that this bench is already cpu limited with the GT for the most part. If you have the full ver. try bumping it up.

2. To help you in your proposed test, i suggest using Clockgen so you can pump up the FSB FROM WINDOWS! Very cool. You probably already know about it, but it saves countless reboots when testing as such.

Clock Gen

Thx for the tip oozish.....but I dont see my DFI board listed in the mobo list under DFI....but I'll give it a shot and see if it'll work neways. :p

Oh, and yeah....I'll maybe try a few tests later with different resolutions in 3DMark05.

EDIT: no dice.....chipset not supported.....anyone got links to another windows OC utility that I might be able to make use of with my Lanparty 875B mobo? I mean, I'm cool with all the restarts....but if there was a faster way I'd be willing to give it a shot. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Thx for the tip oozish.....but I dont see my DFI board listed in the mobo list under DFI....but I'll give it a shot and see if it'll work neways. :p

Oh, and yeah....I'll maybe try a few tests later with different resolutions in 3DMark05.

EDIT: no dice.....chipset not supported.....anyone got links to another windows OC utility that I might be able to make use of with my Lanparty 875B mobo? I mean, I'm cool with all the restarts....but if there was a faster way I'd be willing to give it a shot. ;)

darn, i was hoping your chipset would be supported. When I found that program I had already determined my maximum overclock by many, many restarts and i was like,
'oh man, that could have been so easy'.

LOL. Hopefully there is another app or mayb eyou could contact the creator and have your chipset added somehow. good luck.

oozish said:
darn, i was hoping your chipset would be supported. When I found that program I had already determined my maximum overclock by many, many restarts and i was like,
'oh man, that could have been so easy'.

LOL. Hopefully there is another app or mayb eyou could contact the creator and have your chipset added somehow. good luck.

I might at least just shoot them an email to see if there's plans to add any more chipsets at all.

And I'll start looking for other apps....although ClockGen was the only one I had every really heard of.

Back