• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

That was easy

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
9,320
Had a troublesome q6600.
It ran hot and didn't want to OC much past 331 FSB without some extra juice. (B0/SLACR BTW)

I got a second B0 q6600 and put in in that same system...much better. But what to do with that first q6600?

I had a conductive pen sitting around from my AMD XP modding days, what the hell....I'll pad mod that biatch.

5 minutes of work + 30 min. drying time later and it's running like a champ at 1333. Why will it run at 1333FSB (333) when it wouldn't go past 331 before? No clue. Still runs a bit hotter and with a higher default Vcore than the other B0, but it doesn't need a Vcore bump now so it's cooler than it was.

Pad mod good. Simple mod as well. Even BillR could do it. ;)
 
I'll keep that in mind when my Q6600 comes in a week or so.
 
Those pad mods are really easy, i did it to an E2180 and E2140 and it took maybe 4 minutes total. I'm jealous about the multiple quads, i can't afford one yet!



 
What's a B0? Never heard of that.

I know about G0 SLACR and B3 SL9UM.

And yes, the pad mod is pretty sweet. I did a E4500 to get 2.926. I used my old silver pen altough everthing you read swears you can't do it with a silver pen. I'm special in a [H]ard way.

 
I really shouldn't post and drive....driving distracts me. ;)
 
Back
Top