• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thank you santa!

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
Got my Senn HD-595's :D

Quick review ( just from average quality -128->220 MP3 )

Highs/mids are AMAZING! Seems like its lacking deep bass though, and when I say lack, I really mean LACK. I'm coming from HD-212 Pros and they deff have MUCH more bass. I'll update tomorrow. Gonna go test Batman beyond and CS:S :)


Update*

I donno if im gonna keep these...:( They really don't sound good!
 
I have never had a set of those... but it's always good to give it a few hours of breakin' before judging a set of new cans
 
Burn-in + amp and about the bass, they are "lacking" but thats just because the bass is "neutral" and "solid". You are used to listen bloated shitty bass :eek:
 
johto said:
Burn-in + amp and about the bass, they are "lacking" but thats just because the bass is "neutral" and "solid". You are used to listen bloated shitty bass :eek:
QFT. It's there and solid, just not boomy and over-emphasized
 
What I like about my 595s is it puts the bass where it's supposed to be. It emphasizes it in hip-hop & rap/R&B, techno/electronic and anything else where bass is really a main focus. In rock/alternative, blues and the such, it's more laid back so you can hear all of instruments/vocals clearly, but still have the tight bass there, just not over-powering the rest of the music. The 595's and any other hi-fi cans really produce the sound as it's meant to be, not bloated with bass.
 
Nice...

I'd like to try a pair of them but I'm not sure I want to invest in a complete new headphone system (because I'd have to go all the way with an amp and all)
 
BBA said:
Nice...

I'd like to try a pair of them but I'm not sure I want to invest in a complete new headphone system (because I'd have to go all the way with an amp and all)
This is why when I was researching headphones on Head-Fi, I took their advice and got the amp when I got the cans initially, instead of drawing it out over time.
 
Well I have it plugged into my X-Fi front panel, think an amp would make much diff? How much are we talking for a decent one?
 
Vertigo Acid said:
QFT. It's there and solid, just not boomy and over-emphasized

Actually, rather have louder bass because its much more fun.. you dont have discos with speaker systems that produce "neutral" bass, they produce deep banging bass becuase its fun, so screw the neutral sound.. Ofcourse theres difference between bloated bass and good quality bass.. it's possible to have loud good sounding bass and that would be the answer, not shy neutral bass..
 
hek1 said:
Actually, rather have louder bass because its much more fun.. you dont have discos with speaker systems that produce "neutral" bass, they produce deep banging bass becuase its fun, so screw the neutral sound.. Ofcourse theres difference between bloated bass and good quality bass.. it's possible to have loud good sounding bass and that would be the answer, not shy neutral bass..
I totally agree. One can does not fit all, and if you're looking for "fun" bass then they probably aren't your style. I wouldn't call it shy, however. They suceed in keeping the bass from being the focus, rather than letting it stay where the producer wanted it.
 
I also just recieved my olive pair of 595's for x-mas and I got to say they produce the clearest sound I have ever heard. At the same time it seems like they arent as loud as my old pc150's but then I did a simple test....I took my pc150's and put volume up all the way on them on a song and then placed them on my desk to see how they sounded when they were off my head. I did the same to my 595s and I realized that the 595s are just as loud if not louder but its so clear that it doesnt feel like someone screaming in your ear. I think that this is mostly because of what you all have been talking about as far as too much bass with most headphones. I dont know if this helps...but I'm very happy with my 595s.
 
Santa brought me a set of 555's... now if only I can afford something besides onboard audio
 
Definately AJaxx, less tin sounding. The soundstage on the 595 is much wider and controlled than your old cans. Thus the discrepency between them and the 595s even though you can tell the 595 is close to as loud.

The older HD595 were 120ohm cans and the newer version are only 50ohm. At 50 ohms, those cans won't appreciate an amp (when coming from the X-fi) as much as say a pair of 300 ohm HD580s. However, headroom is headroom. On the X-Fi, there is a little bit of headroom for the HD595 (none for the HD580), but adding an amp, something better than a cmoy will make those cans sound even better. Definately a good amp can push up the bass output without sacrificing or "over bloating" the treble and midrange.
 
My guess is anta made his own computer...

Probably would call it an ELF Rudolph Edition, and built if after learning all he "Nose" by having "Red" the forums here. My guess is it would "Sleigh" all the competion's computers... :rolleyes:


(And yes, i had to say it...heheh) :p
 
Back
Top