TF2 ruined?

hasoos

Limp Gawd
I was just playing TF2 and came across a medic with what seemed to be a never ending uber and something called a level 20 bonesaw. It wasn't too fun watching him run around, not concerned about anything, walking right up to gun turretts and taking them out with the bonesaw, killing about 8 team members, and then killing another turrett before it all ended.

Why are they screwing with a game that was already perfectly balanced? I don't get it.

Yeah, I saw some of that crap; gee, I hope they give the other characters upgraded weapons. I'd sure like to build a sentry that has a huge freakin range and at least two lasers that can point in different directions simultaneously.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the medic is just the first in the line of a whole bunch of new upgrades. Probably just wanted to show people what would be available when they released the gold rush stuff too.

I played some on the free weekend. Needless to say I was not impressed.

I haven't enjoyed TF2 since the medic update either...hopefully everything will go back to normal soon...

Yes I have been playing from the beginning. I loved the game until I ran into the uber medic that couldn't be killed. It makes the rest of the classes meaningless. Top it off, I don't know if I want to see the rest of the "enhancements". The game was perfectly balanced as is. You could hop on any time and rumble, and not have to worry about not being competitive with some guy who plays 24/7. Now if you don't play enough to get the "enhancements" you will get your teeth kicked in. That wasn't the point of the game, and to tell the truth, that isn't what it was sold to us as.

Yes I have been playing from the beginning. I loved the game until I ran into the uber medic that couldn't be killed. It makes the rest of the classes meaningless. Top it off, I don't know if I want to see the rest of the "enhancements". The game was perfectly balanced as is. You could hop on any time and rumble, and not have to worry about not being competitive with some guy who plays 24/7. Now if you don't play enough to get the "enhancements" you will get your teeth kicked in. That wasn't the point of the game, and to tell the truth, that isn't what it was sold to us as.

agreed. i didnt like bf2 for this and i didnt like cod4 multiplayer for this.

What you experienced was an exploit.

The exploit allows Medics to have infinite ubers. It'll be patched soon.

I just bought it because I had a blast playing over the weekend.
I haven't played on too many public servers, mostly played with people I know, so I haven't run into too much of the Medic stuff.

i didnt like bf2 for this and i didnt like cod4 multiplayer for this.
Me too, but since both these games were wildly successful, developers probably now think for a game of this type to be successful, they'll have to include the experience stuff. Really ruins it for casual gamers like me.

I'm confident that Valve will release and update for the glitch very soon...like they always do. I do, however, agree with what others have said in that they should have released upgrades for more than just the medic at one time. It would keep the gameplay more balanced.

What you experienced was an exploit.

The exploit allows Medics to have infinite ubers. It'll be patched soon.

yeah, since the update's been out for a few days I'm amazed it hasn't been patched already... maybe they're waiting to see if any other glitches come up to kill them all at once.

Anyways, depends on the server as far as the glitch. People that are assclowns about it are being kicked/banned until the game gets fixed :cool:

TF2 is definitely not ruined. Valve will fix the glitches soon. The OP had a bad experience because of a glitch in the game and not because of the new medic weapons which are great but not where the game is no longer balance. The most annoying part of the medic upgrades has been joining servers where almost everyone is a medic but things are getting back to normal.

agreed. i didnt like bf2 for this and i didnt like cod4 multiplayer for this.

Really? I like the stock BF2 weapons a lot (and played that game plenty in the day ;) ) and on COD4 the unlocks come quick and the BEST guns you get right away pretty much.

The M16 is still the best gun on COD4 (trust me...it is, i have played COD4 wayyyy too much and it just plain is the best gun), closely followed by weapons like the RPD and MP5 which you also get almost right away.

I can agree BF2 unlocks suck though as it takes so much play time to get them, at least with COD4 it does not take that much playtime to get the unlocks.

I bought TF2 a little while back. I've tried to play a few times and it was absolutely senseless !

Three headshots in a row, with a sniper, no less, and not dead? Wow, bullshit.

And the jumping (what jumping?) is so weak, I'm out of shape, lazy, and never was very good at jumping but I could jump 4x as high without trying hard.

Is there no "open door/use" button???

WTF is up with FPS games recently where you can't open & close doors??!? :rolleyes: COD4 looked awesome, but, it sucks because you can't do something so simple as OPEN A FRIGGEN DOOR wtf wtf wtf?!?

Try Urban Terror, it's free, and the gameplay is better than most of these recent games.

Yeah, TF2 is far from ruined. They just need to get more "packs" out soon for other classes. I was playing last night, was already better at not finding a dozen people playing medic. Hell, for a while I was the only medic on my team on goldrush. Glitches will be fixed, Valve has done a great job so far of fixing things (and balancing).

I might as well throw my TF2 experience in here. I've been playing TF2 since the Orange Box was released last year and I've loved the game play. I find it to be perfectly balanced and with the updates that Valve has released since I feel the game play has improved even more. However, the most recent update concerning the Medic upgrades I feel have inadvertently harmed the game play for the time being. My biggest beef with the update has been all the noobs playing medic and SUCKING asshole at it. There is nothing worse when you have a medic who is charged and ready with an uber who's healing you and you charge thinking he's going to hit his uber and he leaves your ass to get pounded by 40million sentry guns, and you all know thousands of other examples of shitty medics. I feel this well-balanced game is now being ruined by morons who insist on playing medic to earn some achievements and cool guns when in reality they'll probably never earn them all or when they do, never play medic again. I thought the class upgrades would be cool and all before, but now that I see what they've done, I really don't want to see anymore.

agreed, and every single heavy seems to have a medic with them, it's basically a Heavy + Medic game now. Bah.

Which can be remedied with a sniper+spy combo.

Every class in this game has an equally powerful counterclass.

Or my favorite. The Pyro kamakazi! Run up behind them, flame the medic and heavy. Hopefully killing the medic and the heavy goes down from burns or at very least making them waste an uber staying alive.

How about those dirty demos popping medics with one grenade? I still think demos are over powered. Much more than Heavy's

Scout's scatter gun is brutal up close. One or two shots up close and the medic is down before the heavy knows what happened.

If you know how to play your class you can take down any other class. That's the beauty of the game.

Yea I play demo 99% of the time and pwn faces with him. The demo is really the only class that can make it through just about everything except for good scouts.

The TF2 changes are great. Personally, I'm glad valve keeps updating the game.

But after reading them, I believe all of you have never encountered a high level medic with a high level bonesaw and what appears to be an Uber which last about 3 times as long. Because if you had, then you would realize all of the stuff you talked about would be moot as an ubered medic with a level 20 bonesaw comes up and slaughters you all, running around for about 40 seconds ubered, running up to you and chopping you down, even running up to fully built gun turretts and taking them down with his bonesaw and they fire helplessly on it.

Put it this way. I had an Ubered medic with a level 20 bonesaw, chase me 2/3 of the way through gold rush and run around in the back area near the spawn point for the offense for about 20 seconds just runnign around with his bonesaw destroying things. Uber the whole time. I surmise he could have won the whole map himself. That is how misbalanced it has become. Why play anything else?

All the servers i've been in with the infinite uuber they have banned that player. I don't think you are supposed to be able to use the new saw to recharge your uber while its already been activated. It could be a bug or a hack.

Yea I play demo 99% of the time and pwn faces with him. The demo is really the only class that can make it through just about everything except for good scouts.

QFT, the Demo is essential for both attacking and defending Goldrush.

As is the Heavy to keep people away from the cart, as is the Medics to heal everyone, as is the Sniper to harass distant enemies, etc ... :p

Yes, but when nobody ever goes those classes, its useless, lmao (The servers I play, they used to be good, now idiots are ruining it) . Seems like everyone on my team is either a medic / heavy and one or two scouts.

But after reading them, I believe all of you have never encountered a high level medic with a high level bonesaw and what appears to be an Uber which last about 3 times as long. Because if you had, then you would realize all of the stuff you talked about would be moot as an ubered medic with a level 20 bonesaw comes up and slaughters you all, running around for about 40 seconds ubered, running up to you and chopping you down, even running up to fully built gun turretts and taking them down with his bonesaw and they fire helplessly on it.

Put it this way. I had an Ubered medic with a level 20 bonesaw, chase me 2/3 of the way through gold rush and run around in the back area near the spawn point for the offense for about 20 seconds just runnign around with his bonesaw destroying things. Uber the whole time. I surmise he could have won the whole map himself. That is how misbalanced it has become. Why play anything else?

Exploit. EXPLOIT. E-X-P-L-O-I-T. Got that? For one, a medic cannot normally uber himself without having only his medigun out. For two, the "level 20 bonesaw" you keep babbling about is nothing more than a bonesaw that attacks 20% slower than the normal one and gives the medic 25% of his uber charge per hit. For three, you're a moron, and stop posting and preferably stop playing because you stank up TF2 servers with your shittiness.

I bought TF2 a little while back. I've tried to play a few times and it was absolutely senseless !

Three headshots in a row, with a sniper, no less, and not dead? Wow, bullshit.

And the jumping (what jumping?) is so weak, I'm out of shape, lazy, and never was very good at jumping but I could jump 4x as high without trying hard.

Is there no "open door/use" button???

WTF is up with FPS games recently where you can't open & close doors??!? :rolleyes: COD4 looked awesome, but, it sucks because you can't do something so simple as OPEN A FRIGGEN DOOR wtf wtf wtf?!?

Try Urban Terror, it's free, and the gameplay is better than most of these recent games.

lol....Is this post a joke? Why do you need an "open door/use" button when there's nothing to use and no doors to open? And did you even bother playing anything but sniper? Any other class it doesn't make a big deal where you aim. If the guy you're aiming at just had a medic on him, his health was probably higher than normal and a headshot probably wouldn't kill him...and if you "hit" a guy for 3 "headshots" than you probably didn't hit him at all.

This thread is dumb.

The initial complaint from the OP was regarding an exploit, which will be fixed soon (which many others have already pointed out).

These updates are the first in a series of updates for all the classes in the game. Valve will continue to release updates until the game is balanced well, like they always do. For the time being, the game is a little skewed, but certainly not ruined - its just a transitionary period.

/Thread

Exploit. EXPLOIT. E-X-P-L-O-I-T. Got that? For one, a medic cannot normally uber himself without having only his medigun out. For two, the "level 20 bonesaw" you keep babbling about is nothing more than a bonesaw that attacks 20% slower than the normal one and gives the medic 25% of his uber charge per hit. For three, you're a moron, and stop posting and preferably stop playing because you stank up TF2 servers with your shittiness.
Eloquently said, sir.

Steam Update:
Team Fortress 2

-Fixed unlimited UberCharge exploit
-Fixed charge effect getting stuck on the Kritzkrieg when changing class/weapons

Valve should have done 1 giant patch... honestly... Everyone would continue to play the classes they like, and try to earn achievements with their classes. INSTEAD they release a patch for the medic... people don't play medic to heal people and win, they just want to get the achievements...

Adding in achievement packs for classes makes people play those classes... It ruins the game for people who are trying to play how they normally play...

Goldrush is fun as fuck though... I love it... I just hate idiots medics who'd be more useful spamming rockets than healing.

lol....Is this post a joke? Why do you need an "open door/use" button when there's nothing to use and no doors to open? And did you even bother playing anything but sniper? Any other class it doesn't make a big deal where you aim. If the guy you're aiming at just had a medic on him, his health was probably higher than normal and a headshot probably wouldn't kill him...and if you "hit" a guy for 3 "headshots" than you probably didn't hit him at all.

I've killed heavies with headshots while they were being healed.

Have you not been reading your own thread? Maybe its better for the rest of us that you don't play TF2 anymore. Valve already has a patch that fixes the UberCharge exploit.

Back