Tesla To Unveil “Unexpected” New Product October 17

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What does Tesla have up its sleeve? This mystery product will be revealed before the company’s reported event on October 28, which is expected to include a new solar roof product, as well as a new PowerWall battery and Tesla charger.

…new information from Musk suggests Tesla will be revealing something new on top of all of the above. Some possibilities include a new vehicle (many have been looking for a Roadster 2.0 launch), or improvements to its autonomous driving features. The company recently launched its Autopilot 8.0 update, but Musk had suggested earlier in the year that the company is making progress on self-driving tech at a pace that might surprise most.

It could be anything.. it could even be a boat!

Good point. I'm not sure Tesla could tackle international freight -- it's a huge, stubborn industry -- but ever since windjammers stopped shipping, replaced by fast, bunker-fuel behemoths, a new market opportunity laid dormant. Slow, electric, autonomous shipping platforms could do some good. I'd like to see wind powered ships make a comeback before I die.

vacuum. dyson cant have all the glory now can he?

beer that glows. So when you piss in the hamper you cant say you didnt see where it was going and you were drunk.

a new and improved auto pilot that kills people at an even faster rate than the old one

a new and improved auto pilot that kills people at an even faster rate than the old one

While your troll is strong, Ill play, because if you really want to die, just get behind the wheel of a regular "stupid" car, you die faster and at much higher rates then any of tesla's vehicles.

While your troll is strong, Ill play, because if you really want to die, just get behind the wheel of a regular "stupid" car, you die faster and at much higher rates then any of tesla's vehicles.

my comment was made in jest but since you failed to see the humor, let's get down to business

How about a common sense comparison of Tesla's auto pilot to something like Subaru's Eyesight and see who the clear winner is.. (hint: it's not Tesla)... You want to know why? Because everyone else calls them driver assist while Tesla claims the car can drive its self while in fact it cannot do it reliably and as a result we are winding up with DEAD drivers as a direct result. YT is full of people demonstrating this tech while not paying attention to the road. This is WHY I DO NOT LIKE THEIR implementation. It is a danger to the rest of us.

my comment was made in jest but since you failed to see the humor, let's get down to business

How about a common sense comparison of Tesla's auto pilot to something like Subaru's Eyesight and see who the clear winner is.. (hint: it's not Tesla)... You want to know why? Because everyone else calls them driver assist while Tesla claims the car can drive its self while in fact it cannot do it reliably and as a result we are winding up with DEAD drivers as a direct result. YT is full of people demonstrating this tech while not paying attention to the road. This is WHY I DO NOT LIKE THEIR implementation. It is a danger to the rest of us.

Your so worried about Tesla's, meanwhile youre driving next to a stupid cunt putting on makeup, texting and updating her twitfacegram accounts; Ill drive next to a tesla anyday.

Your so worried about Tesla's, meanwhile youre driving next to a stupid cunt putting on makeup, texting and updating her twitfacegram accounts; Ill drive next to a tesla anyday.

such is life... machines are not infallible and as such should not be given complete control of a vehicle that can easily kill you.... and unfortunately for the rest of us, Tesla's solution is not solving the issue... I am all for driver assist, but I am not for total automation, the risk is too great at this point.

That is kind of a silly argument. You can close your eyes with Subaru's EyeSight, that's how good it is. See what I did there?

These people that buy Teslas tend towards the stupid that's all. It's not the car, it's the morons using driver assist wrong. Though I will say that Tesla has exaggerated a bit more than is reasonable in their marketing.

Almost no body really was digging the frunky sales pitch of a tesla soo. My guess is extra battery in place of the extra "frunk" space that no one seems to want in tesla vehicles.

Autopilot by definition is only driver assist, they're naming is correct but people don't understand definitions.

I'd like to see the tesla adding bidirectional power capabilities (use it like a 100kWh powerwall for your bomb shelter) to their cars. But it'll probably be something unexpectedly boring like a solar carport with powerwall that you get by mixing solar city and tesla in a blender. It would be cool if they'd use space-x tech and put a raptor engine on a model s for a land speed record, that would be unexpected, and welcome.

Why it's got to be one of those jumpstart brick things for your tesla in case the battery runs flat. It'll be so thin and slim you can stick it in your stacker wallet in your back pocket and sit on it like an idiot.

Tesla is marketing it wrong, therefore the other technology is better?

does the Tesla have the ability to driver without driver involvement, yes or no?

Tesla is marketing it wrong, therefore the other technology is better?

No, but effectively yes. Tesla's customers are using the autopilot wrong in part due to Tesla's past marketing. The tech can be the greatest, but if your marketing leads people to use it wrong, how good the tech is starts to matter a lot less. I am not saying Eyesight is inferior, however, properly used inferior tech can beat improperly used superior tech in some cases.

Or maybe Tesla owners are just less intelligent than Subaru owners

It will be a smartphone powered by an internal combustion engine instead of a battery.
If people could power their phone by filling it will fluid like filling a lighter and not have to worry about running out of charge or tying it down to a charger for several hours, you would make the battery version of the phone take the backseat overnight. The only problem would be noise of an actual IC. A micro Fuel Cell would be a massive success, though.

If people could power their phone by filling it will fluid like filling a lighter and not have to worry about running out of charge or tying it down to a charger for several hours, you would make the battery version of the phone take the backseat overnight. The only problem would be noise of an actual IC. A micro Fuel Cell would be a massive success, though.
If you have to carry around a fluid container, why not just carry a battery? I've got one about he size of a pack of cigarettes and I can run my phone a few days charging off of that.

Back