Tesla Repays $450M Loan Nine Years Early

i still don't see the drive for these

1 your limiting the range, granted tesla's isnt as bad as others
2 if the big driving factor is emissions and for the environment, how is moving the carbon foot print from the tailpipe to the coal/gas/nuke plant better?

sure when solar/wind whatever is a primary source its great but right now by moving the carbon foot print all we are doing is creating a crap load of nasty batteries to handle, recycle, dispose of later, the other issues have just been relocated

sure when i can have a solar panel on my house and charge my car with that in a couple of hours to get 200+ miles that's a great alternative..but its not there yet

i still don't see the drive for these

1 your limiting the range, granted tesla's isnt as bad as others
2 if the big driving factor is emissions and for the environment, how is moving the carbon foot print from the tailpipe to the coal/gas/nuke plant better?

sure when solar/wind whatever is a primary source its great but right now by moving the carbon foot print all we are doing is creating a crap load of nasty batteries to handle, recycle, dispose of later, the other issues have just been relocated

sure when i can have a solar panel on my house and charge my car with that in a couple of hours to get 200+ miles that's a great alternative..but its not there yet

how is 250 miles "limited"
also check out Teslas plans for the super charger network in a few years youll be able to charge in under an hour any where in the US

and most camp grounds have 240v outlets people have already made cross country tips using that network

250 miles of range is fine for 99% of things and once the super charger network is up you can go any where in the US
and the superchargers are FREE

how is 250 miles "limited"
also check out Teslas plans for the super charger network in a few years youll be able to charge in under an hour any where in the US

and most camp grounds have 240v outlets people have already made cross country tips using that network

250 miles of range is fine for 99% of things and once the super charger network is up you can go any where in the US
and the superchargers are FREE

I wouldn't say free. In Chicago there's a lot of Self Park garage with chargers, but you'd have to pay for parking. I guess it's free in a sense of if you were driving a gasoline powered car, you'd be paying for gas AND parking, but if you were driving an electric car, you'd just be paying for parking.

Im going to take a stab that the 250 mile rating is like Ford/Dodge telling people their new trucks get 36mpg...take that number and divide it in half, then knock off more for wind, up hill, temperature,and a hit for ever mph over 55mph you go, how many passengers you carry and your down to 100-150 miles, which maybe works for dense areas but in Canada is pretty common for me to do that in a week away from home of fishing trips for example

Im going to take a stab that the 250 mile rating is like Ford/Dodge telling people their new trucks get 36mpg...take that number and divide it in half, then knock off more for wind, up hill, temperature,and a hit for ever mph over 55mph you go, how many passengers you carry and your down to 100-150 miles, which maybe works for dense areas but in Canada is pretty common for me to do that in a week away from home of fishing trips for example

Plenty of reviews around that prove the 250 miles isn't some magic number that can't be hit.

Plenty of reviews around that prove the 250 miles isn't some magic number that can't be hit.

at least they were honest on that front then , lol

I don't get how auto companies get away with claimed mileage/consumption then deliver a product that delivers half whats promised, and not get sued

I don't get how auto companies get away with claimed mileage/consumption then deliver a product that delivers half whats promised, and not get sued

I have a feeling there are a lot of things you "don't get."

Two words: disclaimer*

* the word disclaimer is actually one word. This disclaimer is put in place to inform you of that so you cannot sue me.

Well, it's *technicly* possible to hit their MPG estimates.
On a straight, flat road, no wind and the perfect temperature outside.

It's not a lie but you just can't apply it to the real world.
I own a CX-5 and while I usually hover around 8l/100 way over the "advertised" stats but if I drive like a grandpa, I can easily beat the estimate... quite boring though so I never do it :p

Tesla clams closer to 300miles
EPA rated it at 256 wile beating the hell out of it

super charger network is FREE for all Tesla cars that can use it
http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

hopefully the new models and tech deliver more then the 55 miles Clarkson got out of the roadster which was promising 200, back in 2009 i think it was

and here is the 2 year plan for the network
VFsAnFbl.jpg

you will be able to go any where in the US only stopping a few times

hopefully the new models and tech deliver more then the 55 miles Clarkson got out of the roadster which was promising 200, back in 2009 i think it was

he also dove the car at 100mph the whole time
the 250mph range is based on ~65mph with A/C on

Well, it's *technicly* possible to hit their MPG estimates.
On a straight, flat road, no wind and the perfect temperature outside.

It's not a lie but you just can't apply it to the real world.
I own a CX-5 and while I usually hover around 8l/100 way over the "advertised" stats but if I drive like a grandpa, I can easily beat the estimate... quite boring though so I never do it :p

same only way I can hit 36mpg on my 2011 2.0t sonota is in the eco mode and doing right on the speed limit on flat road with the cruise... soon as you pass, get on the boost or anything like that the computer L/100 ramps up quick and blows those numbers out the window

Wish that douche bags would remember they were voted on by DEMOCRATS as well. Oh that's right Bush is an idiot and lied to them so that makes them the dumbest fucks on the earth as well. ;)

how did he lie? It was a war against weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. A Democrat President and AG has said that RPGs are WoMD :) Yeah I know I thought WoMD meant Nukes as well... but Obama has shown us the light.

You think we spend trillions on poverty?

The US has spent close to $16 trillion dollars on the war on poverty since Lyndon Johnson instituted it as a functional entitlement program beginning in 1964 via the Equal Opportunity Act. The poverty rate at the time was 13%, it peaked in 1983 and 1994 and it's stayed relatively the same.

34jevdz.jpg

'
If you look at the chart, there was zero reason for government insinuate itself into how to handle poverty. You can see the decline from 1950 up until it started. I think society would and could have handled it on its own. One in seven in total federal and state dollars now goes to welfare. This is not being reported. Obama is spending $10 trillion on welfare by himself

War on poverty spending is up to $16 trillion on welfare programs. The total cost of every war in American history, starting with the American Revolution, is $6.4 trillion when adjusted for inflation. The war on poverty so far has been nearly 3 times that and there is no end in sight and no reduced costs anywhere. The unsustainable part is that by 2012, 70% of American families earning less than $109k will receive more in benefits than they pay in. The totality of the infiltration of government largess into our personal lives is complete. It's not a matter of if, but when the crash will come and it will come and come hard. This is devoid of race, color, or creed. This is not good anywhere.

<Article> Tesla Motors pays off its debts early! Rejoice!

<Dumbass_#1> "ZOMG! DEMOCRATS!"

<Dumbass_#2> "ZOMG! REPUBLICANS!"

<Everyone_Else> "....umm, can we get back to discussing Telsa and--"

<Dumbass_Horde> "NO!"

<Everyone_Else> "....okay."

Its amazing how someone actually paying off their debt in a timely fashion is praiseworthy (instead of, y'know, expected), its even MORE amazing that this somehow drags the politrolls out from their caves.

Why does someone with a net worth of $2.7 billion need a loan from the state?

His net worth is largely paper based on his holding in Tesla/SpaceX. He doesn't have 2.7Billion in cash sitting in the bank, and AFAIK that $2.7B valuation was based on stock prices long after they had the loan, at the time of the loan, it was much lower and would have been more difficult to tap.

Its amazing how someone actually paying off their debt in a timely fashion is praiseworthy (instead of, y'know, expected), its even MORE amazing that this somehow drags the politrolls out from their caves.

Yes, I wish people could leave politics out of this.

Tesla is precisely the kind of success story America needs.

A new US car company, producing a universally praised, world class product, on it's first production line. That is such an amazing accomplishment.

Built in the USA, and running on US sourced energy. How is this anything but a good news for the USA story?

Its amazing how someone actually paying off their debt in a timely fashion is praiseworthy (instead of, y'know, expected)

Its like when I watch Maury Povitch and some jack ass on stage announces "I TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!"

Good job being a normal person.

But this does stand out. Payed back 9 years early and half a billion dollhairs.

i read somewhere that the loan was paid of thanks to the majority shareholders in the company...

and i wish fisker didnt go under :(

It happens here at [H] with every single FPN post that mentions the government.

Every. Single. One.

Its like when I watch Maury Povitch and some jack ass on stage announces "I TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!"

Good job being a normal person.

But this does stand out. Payed back 9 years early and half a billion dollhairs.

Not only that, but the saving from the interest payments alone justify it.

The US has spent close to $16 trillion dollars on the war on poverty since Lyndon Johnson instituted it as a functional entitlement program beginning in 1964 via the Equal Opportunity Act. The poverty rate at the time was 13%, it peaked in 1983 and 1994 and it's stayed relatively the same.

34jevdz.jpg

'
If you look at the chart, there was zero reason for government insinuate itself into how to handle poverty. You can see the decline from 1950 up until it started. I think society would and could have handled it on its own. One in seven in total federal and state dollars now goes to welfare. This is not being reported. Obama is spending $10 trillion on welfare by himself

War on poverty spending is up to $16 trillion on welfare programs. The total cost of every war in American history, starting with the American Revolution, is $6.4 trillion when adjusted for inflation. The war on poverty so far has been nearly 3 times that and there is no end in sight and no reduced costs anywhere. The unsustainable part is that by 2012, 70% of American families earning less than $109k will receive more in benefits than they pay in. The totality of the infiltration of government largess into our personal lives is complete. It's not a matter of if, but when the crash will come and it will come and come hard. This is devoid of race, color, or creed. This is not good anywhere.

It also coincides with coming off the gold standard...just saying theres more than one factor how politicians ran/are running this country into the ground for their own financial benefit. And politicians are told what to do by corporations. The world is a game of monopoly.

Back