Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, AWD, Performance Version Specs Revealed

I laughed at the mention of the BMW. I am biased; but owning a Model 3 really makes all other cars look ancient. No continual updates? Tons of silly buttons everywhere? Can't drive itself?

Meanwhile over at Edmunds, their Model 3 is working about as well as a used 1998 Hyundai at this point:

https://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model...la-model-3-monthly-update-for-april-2018.html

Scroll down to Maintenence and Upkeep...

The result don’t justify the price. I’d love one of these if it was made better, the price isn’t an issue.

Meanwhile over at Edmunds, their Model 3 is working about as well as a used 1998 Hyundai at this point:

https://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model...la-model-3-monthly-update-for-april-2018.html

Scroll down to Maintenence and Upkeep...

The result don’t justify the price. I’d love one of these if it was made better, the price isn’t an issue.

The majority of the interface problems have been fixed with updates. The ride has improved tremendously from the first thousand or so (from which Edmonds got theirs).

Mine's from after they shut down assembly for a few days to work some issues out (8k-10k range) which addressed loosening suspension and door weight/closing force (though these might have been addressed earlier) among many others that have improved.

It will have infrequent issues with the radio which requires a quick reset which can be done while driving and the key issue with android phones is a bother which i've worked around with the card put on the back of of my phone with a sleeve. That's all software which is getting better quite frequently.

Overall i cant imagine owning another car.

Thing is most people can't. People just get auto loans and pay the monthly fee to be able to drive a car they can't possibly afford. About 6.3 million Americans haven't payed their auto loans in over 3 months, which I find alarming.

Or they lease to get an even more expensive car they can't afford.
Then they scramble to pay the excessive mileage charges, and complain about having to come up with the deposit to start a new lease.

I'll stick to buy & hold. Buy a reliable car and keep it as long as possible. Nice not to have any car payments for several years.

so I have always tried to pay the least I could for our cars...
never paid much..

1996 Camaro - $18k in 1996
2005 trailblazer ext - $21.4k in 2005

BUT I bought a 2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Z-92 by American Luxury Coach ($52k truck) for $33k in 2013
just bit the bullet and traded that Sierra in (got $10k more than I owed on it) and bought the wife a 2016 JKU Sahara in 2016 for $48k!!!! less $10k, less few rebates.. still the most I have ever payed...

while I agree with some... it is just transportation.. but to others, it is nice to have some things. IF you save EVERY bit of money you make... remember your only saving it for the next person that inherits it to squander away.

I drove that 2013 Sierra 65 miles each way to work. While it got 19mpg... it cost $680/m in gas plus $500/m truck payment. Now I can afford it and did it for 1.5yrs but decided that was selfish of me.
I handed in my man card and bought a 2014 Prius 3 in 2014 for $22k less $5k down and less $4500 trade in on trailblazer... I hate the prius as it is a car, it is a hated prius and not comfy... BUT...
in winter I get 50-55mpg, in summer I get 60-71mpg with both of those driving it like a prius and hypermiling when I can, etc... BUT if I drive like a nascar on highways it still gets me 49mpg.

I seriously looked at the tesla and also the new chevy bolt.. Electric.. what a way to go... BUT... for the price of the cars... the car payment alone will cost more than what I pay now ($262/m ) + $70/m gas making it not worth it in my book. The car is a commuter... and don't care about it.
2014 prius only has 108k miles on it.
Did tires @ 68k and put 100k hancooks on it
Did oil changes and tire rotates
OTHER THAN THAT!!!!
@ 105k miles I lost a $16 headlight.. THAT IS IT!!!!!

I'm still not sold on electric.. but used to be a GM guy only and now my driveway has a Toyota and a christler... BUT still own a heartbeat of America and getting ready to put a 2002 8.1L in it!!!!

38407088902_3cfc48b4e0_b.jpg
DriversSide by Jeffrey Riggs, on Flickr

I was talking vs internal combustion of course...

Do you mean can refill everywhere with electricity? That's the same for every EV so not special to Tesla.

If you mean can't recharge anywhere with no electricity then that's the same as saying "Can't fill up anywhere there's not a gas station" for ICE cars. I can safely say there are more electric plugs in the US than gas stations :)
If you want fast charging then there are plenty of those too between Tesla and ChargePoint. In either case most charging is done at home. No need to make trips to some rundown gas station

Back